[Showcase] Replica Craft thread!

My second F-22. This time I have used mods.

dhqw.jpg

ct48.jpg

hcw5.jpg

u64v.jpg

Mods used:

B9 Aerospace pack http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-20-2-b9-aerospace-pack-r3-1

Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.5 http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/29862-0-21-Procedural-Dynamics-Procedural-Wing-0-5

*Note: It's my first modded craft, so if you see any other mods there, then tell me.

Not sure this belongs here but this is my stab at a stock replica of the Gun Star from The Last Starfighter. Corny I know but I was bored. I slapped a generic launcher under it and gave it enough deltaV to make a nice trip to the mun. Added a Sr. docking ring so you can add your own drive to push it just about anywhere you need Jeb pointing a RTG menacingly at you from under his cockpit.

Craft file here.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Giggleplex, I will have my revenge! :):cool: Time for a huge craft dump. By the way, my Su-33 can perform a kulbit. That's a full cobra maneuver, by the way.

24c.gif

tumblr_mas4kyQc4S1r0gnkj.gif

Introducing, the FIRE FERRETS.. Er, I mean the Sr-71 Blackbird! Enjoy the details and fuel capacity while knowing that with the right pilot, this plane can easily circumnavigate Kerbin and get back to Kerbin's main KSC.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2qt76c406meudh/Sr-71.craft

o1zaPRn.jpg

SjafLXd.jpg

The MD-21 has been successfully tested for the first time, although with some minor scratches and a very close series of accidents involved, but we have determined the first MD-21 is up for release. After release, set the probe core to control here.

Download link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8bf5htsrud46u6/Sr-71%20MD-21.craft

jbQpTQ1.jpg

xrS8p3h.jpg

Block 2 of the Rim-8 Talos is now released! Press 1 before launch to extend the antennas!

Fun fact : The Rim-8 Talos was actually about the size of a fighter jet.

Download link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/hq2chisv7ufnoyw/Rim-8%20Talos%20Block%202.craft

HgsVSfc.jpg

5kky2xY.jpg

ZC0TrmV.jpg

xdwbKiC.jpg

And my avatar tav ssto drop ship is under development by the skunk works division consisting of just me.

In space, it performs very well, but trying to even get it into the air is proving to be an extreme challenge.

Note the large cargo compartments :

8JSojXC.jpg

pcjsyJA.jpg

With my Su-33, I performed a Kulbit! Take that Giggleplex777!

iNp3g9B.jpg

t7vevPv.jpg

l2x7AXz.jpg

gSHrFtm.jpg

luoTrhA.jpg

Now, here's my Su-33

Download link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0owhg8wxt1y8on8/Su-33.craft

fcmbfw0.jpg

ffbIyp5.jpg

Edited by andrew123

Well, your craft is much lighter than mine and is powered by turbojets, both of which I have to say are unrealistic. I'm going to say that my plane, the Su-33 did the maneuver out of level flight, and I just wanted it to look and be as realistic as possible, including the use of turbofan engines and making it very heavy just like the real Pak-fa. Your jet would therefore be more of a performance oriented jet, while I am pretty obsessive for details of realism and having really large planes. Be warned, I'm going to make a special replica for a very maneuverable plane soon. :):cool: (This'll be a fun showcase.).

Well, your craft is much lighter than mine and is powered by turbojets, both of which I have to say are unrealistic. I'm going to say that my plane, the Su-33 did the maneuver out of level flight, and I just wanted it to look and be as realistic as possible, including the use of turbofan engines and making it very heavy just like the real Pak-fa. Your jet would therefore be more of a performance oriented jet, while I am pretty obsessive for details of realism and having really large planes. Be warned, I'm going to make a special replica for a very maneuverable plane soon. :):cool: (This'll be a fun showcase.).

It's powered by a combination of Basic jets and Turbojets, to make it more afterburning-turbofan-like. The jet weighs more than it looks.

Yeah, but the jet is more back heavy, making it more maneuverable. Let's just both stop from turning this forum thread into another fighting thread. I just tried to make a show of humor, and I'm sorry if it pissed you off. Deal?

Yeah, but the jet is more back heavy, making it more maneuverable. Let's just both stop from turning this forum thread into another fighting thread. I just tried to make a show of humor, and I'm sorry if it pissed you off. Deal?

I didn't get pissed off, I just try to one-up anyone who tries to one-up me. It's a bad habit, but I can't help it. :) But for the record, it's actually pretty front heavy when loaded and requires hidden lifting surfaces to keep the nose up.

I made a SpaceX Grasshopper replica today. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's an early design of reusable booster stage. Here's

in action in some cool tests. Anyway, it's not 100% accurate because of some part limitations, and is not particularly functional (it works fairly well for small payloads, and has low part count, but it has rather low TWR so larger payloads don't even get off the ground) but I think the basic idea is there. All the steering was done manually, which has probably halved my F9 key's lifespan, but I didn't want Mechjeb to do it all for me. Actually, taking all the screenshots probably took longer than designing and balancing the craft itself.

This is a maneuverability test similar to the video linked above:

And this is the booster replica in action lifting a small-sized payload:

Edited by Bacterius

I made a SpaceX Grasshopper replica today. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's an early design of reusable booster stage. Here's
in action in some cool tests. Anyway, it's not 100% accurate because of some part limitations, and is not particularly functional (it works fairly well for small payloads, and has low part count, but it has rather low TWR so larger payloads don't even get off the ground) but I think the basic idea is there. All the steering was done manually, which has probably halved my F9 key's lifespan, but I didn't want Mechjeb to do it all for me. Actually, taking all the screenshots probably took longer than designing and balancing the craft itself.

This is a maneuverability test similar to the video linked above:

And this is the booster replica in action lifting a small-sized payload:

Speaking of grasshopper replicas! I made a stock one to see if it could be done, mine was more designed to look like the real thing so it will take an efficient payload to get into orbit, but it works none the less.

2013-08-26_00003.jpg

2013-08-26_00007.jpg

2013-08-26_00010.jpg

2013-08-26_00012.jpg

2013-08-26_00018.jpg

Sucess!

2013-08-26_00019.jpg

Too bad you cant have two things in atmo more than 2.5km apart :( otherwise this would be quite a fun little launcher for micro sats.

Too much planes in this thread :D

Here are some of my replicas: (i hope that counts)

[stock] Apollo 11

[Mod] Voyager Deep Space Probe

[Mod] Arcadia (your generic anime spacebattleship :D)

[Mod] Origin 300i (Star Citizen)

[Mod] And some Planes: F15, F16, F22, YF23, A10

and some more on my imgur account: http://umluex.imgur.com/

Too bad you cant have two things in atmo more than 2.5km apart :( otherwise this would be quite a fun little launcher for micro sats.

Romfarer's buran manipulators (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/robotic-arms-pack/) actually allows for this! I've used it with my airlaunched/airdropped designs - just make sure both parts have at least a probe body for control, or else they will be "debris" and despawn.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.