New Mun in 0.21 , See pictures! [pic heavy]

Luxmaster-CZ

From a perfectist point of view the lower areas should be flatter as they are covered in the newer molten rock and the slightly upper older areas cratered more heavily - I wonder if that could be accomplished procedurally?

But hey I am not going to be at all bothered about that - any improvement to the planets is lovingly received.

The craters look strange...because of the too-uniform size or spacing. And really strange because they are on the maria (dark smooth areas).

Yeah, a larger "mask" over the entire crater thing would be nice, to create random large swaths of less frequent craters, instead of having that classical random generation same-distribution-everywhere look :)

Looks awesome! Great work HarvesteR! But how will that affect the Easter eggs? Will the changes in terrain cause them to appear to float or be buried again?

That reminds me. Don't know if this has been addressed but there's a rift in the terrain near the pyramids:

ijt5XsOm.png yLOoEk0m.png

yRiXsxBm.png yilZTBym.png

HarvesteR said that it was just the mun for now

EDIT:

As for which planets, currently this mod is only applied on the Mun. It takes a significant amount of time to tune the parameters to look good on a celestial body, so I think for now the Mun will be the only body using this system.

In any case the Mun was the body in most desperate need of a revisit. But we'll definitely go over the other ones on later updates though.

Cheers

Edited by Tremzack
Adding quote

The craters look strange...because of the too-uniform size or spacing. And really strange because they are on the maria (dark smooth areas).

That was my thought too. But I hope this is cleared up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.