[WIP] KerbTown v0.13 Beta - Place static buildings, cities, launch sites & more!

Razchek

Well, there is, but you can't launch from any of the custom launch sites.

I know, but I can't launch from Kerbin City. Why does kerbtown have to be the only mod that partially breaks with 0.22...

When will this be fix?

I still had it installed, for kerbin city, the launch sites work, but not as intended...as they send a part flying through the air and crash your game.

And not at all in carreer

Edited by Espresso

Raz, if you're reading this, please know that we want you to post, show some signs of life, KEEP KERBTOWN ALIVE! Please don't abandon the project. If you say the possibilities are endless, then prove it to us, update kerbtown and come back! We NEED you back.

Raz, please come back. please fix the link so I (and others) can download kerbtown. please please please!! Also, possibly keep it compatable for version 0.21.1. Its what ive got, but I dont see the point in updating if another one is going to be released soon. PLEAAAAAASEEEEEEE UPDATE THE LINK!!

Would someone else who previously downloaded the plugin and content files be willing to make them available to download at an alternate URL? At least until Raz re-appears and posts the next version (~if~ he does)? Or would doing so be considered against the rules?

This is the North American official mirror:

http://www.catalystservers.com/hoy/KerbTown/

He was uploading his updates here as he made them, there is an updated version I will put up later, But this will work for 0.21* (launch sites are broken completely in 0.22 still)

Thank you very much HoY! I don't mind using KSC for all of my launches, so I'm cool with the current version if everything else still works (I'm running 0.22). I'll keep an eye out for the updated version as well. Thanks again!

I know that the technique used by Extraplanetary Launchpads inspired the alt launch site capability of Kerbtown. EL still works, so any thoughts why KT doesn't?

I could swear KT launch sites worked when I updated to 0.22 on Linux. My desktop is out of action for the moment, so can't confirm, sorry.

I know that the technique used by Extraplanetary Launchpads inspired the alt launch site capability of Kerbtown. EL still works, so any thoughts why KT doesn't?

I could swear KT launch sites worked when I updated to 0.22 on Linux. My desktop is out of action for the moment, so can't confirm, sorry.

KT uses a quite different launch mechanic than EL, which is why.

This is the North American official mirror:

http://www.catalystservers.com/hoy/KerbTown/

He was uploading his updates here as he made them, there is an updated version I will put up later, But this will work for 0.21* (launch sites are broken completely in 0.22 still)

I found this I hope it helps you but I cannot make it work perfectely.

I first tried to place another user's runway and saved it (even if nothing can be launched outside KSC). It works and keep existing for the next fly.

Then I tried to build a hangar next to it with some static parts added by me using stock parts (and B9 parts) .mu. I was able to place it like I wanted (but building with this only tool is very hard lol) but even after using the save button (and F5) it dissapear every time I switch flies or quit the game.

Forgive my english, I am a french speaker =)

I found this I hope it helps you but I cannot make it work perfectely.

I first tried to place another user's runway and saved it (even if nothing can be launched outside KSC). It works and keep existing for the next fly.

Then I tried to build a hangar next to it with some static parts added by me using stock parts (and B9 parts) .mu. I was able to place it like I wanted (but building with this only tool is very hard lol) but even after using the save button (and F5) it dissapear every time I switch flies or quit the game.

Forgive my english, I am a french speaker =)

Hey, we have a french section with some really good mod savvy people, if you are worried about your english you can head over there where everyone speaks french.

After placing a static, you need to exit to the space center and reload the database (Alt+F12 menu), or restart the game.

If you place something, the start a new flight, it will not show up, unless there has been a gamedata reload.

So Im entirely new to KerbTown. I don't really know the extent to which this mod is working in .22. Obviously, It seems I can't launch new flights from a runway or launchpad I make. However, can I still place runways elsewhere, just for landing sites?