How long did you play the demo for...

Akinesis

Roughly ten minutes. A friend told me about it in the morning, I skeptically downloaded the demo in the evening, spent five minutes doing something basic in the VAB, opened the map view and... Planets. Planets everywhere. Quickly headed off to the said friend's house to see the full game then came back home to buy it. Worth it.

...before you bought the full version?

For me, it was within 20mins. In that short time, I knew this was the game I had been waiting for! I haven't put it down since!

A bit under 4 hours. I knew it was a keeper in about the same time as you, but I set myself the goal of getting a kerbal into orbit before purchasing the full game. Bought it the same night I downloaded and installed the demo, then stayed up all night playing the full version.

Saw a post on Reddit with a screen shot.

Demo was installed within 10 mins.

Full version was purchased and installed 30 mins after that.

Sometimes you just know a game has 'me' written all over it. :)

Glad to see so many people share similar instances. As soon as I built a rocket that resembled the Shinra No. 26 and spectacularly crashed it, I bought it. It took me a day, but only because I needed to sleep between a heavy demo session and getting the game. I got it just as 0.17 was released.

For a few months. I got the full version in May and the demo sometime in March or February. I may have gotten it sooner if I wasn't as nervous to ask my parents to buy it and knew that the game wouldn't be completely unplayable due to lag in the full version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.