How is eve so purple?

fenderzilla

Eve is a very, very purple planet. How? What's in the oceans, the soil, the atmosphere that makes it so, so purple?

what kinds of liquids or gases or elements or compounds could possible make a planet so purple?

I've heard it could be ammonia methane, or argon, or iodine, or maybe a combination of very red and very blue compounds. would any of these fully explain though why it is so, so, so purple?

Edited by fenderzilla

The most popular theory is iodine IIRC. There was a whole thread on it in the science forums a while back. But according to the devs, Eve'S Ocean is full of blutonium, the material used in the LV-Ns. Maybe it's purple? Who knows.

I've thought of how Jool can be ever so Green. I still can't come up with a reason why.

Jool is so green because of all the Kerbals trying to land on it, getting pulverized by the harsh atmosphere. It used to be a dull grey color.

but it doesn't have water, the devs said it's mercury

[citation needed]

Never seen that, seen where the devs said it was rocket fuel. and the chart that says it's made of propellium and blutonium but never mercury.

...And liquid Mercury isn't purple. But that doesn't mean it may not contain levels of mercury.

I like the iodine theory. That stuff stains, so if that's going 'round in the atmosphere and rain, most things would end up purple.

and the chart that says it's made of propellium and blutonium but never mercury.

Nova said on some thread that the chart was out of date, so we can't rely on that any more.

Edited by Tw1

...And liquid Mercury isn't purple. But that doesn't mean it may not contain levels of mercury.

I like the iodine theory. That stuff stains, so if that's going 'round in the atmosphere and rain, most things would end up purple.

Nova said on some thread that the chart was out of date, so we can't rely on that any more.

Ah someone else remembers that thread too. I think they're gonna change it for something much simpler, honestly it was awfully complex.

Talking about earthly elements makes no sense, because KSP has its own unique elements, as shown in the upcoming fuel cycle scheme.

That's stupid. The elements on the periodic table are what everything in the universe is made of, not just on earth or local planets.

That's stupid. The elements on the periodic table are what everything in the universe is made of, not just on earth or local planets.

It's a game son, there are elements in the game that don't exist in real life, such as blutonium. There is a high chance there are much more elements that we don't have in our world that exist in the Kerbal universe. Don't forget that the planets are 10 times denser than any logical element could be and that the sun is so light it shouldn't even light up.