How is eve so purple?

fenderzilla

Oh my god you guys shut up about fruit juice and gay planets - it wasn't even funny to begin with

Well that was uncalled for, I don't see how anything in this thread is "gay," as you put it, it's just a fun discussion about what planets may or may not be made of at this point. It's all fun and games alright? Take a chill pill bro. c:

Though Kerbin is unrealistic, it'S way too massive. They should remove it. Alone with all the other planets. And that star is not massive enough, it shouldn't even light up, they should remove it too.

Lol then you would just be floating in space the whole game

Because the devs wanted it to be purple
You are all so wrong

IT's because Eve is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS!

Yes, Iodine.

Or Purple Drank. No one really knows for now, except the devs...

Former homeworld of Barney:

barney-the-dinosaur.jpg

Oh my gosh, fenderzilla. You can't just ask why things are purple.

Anyhoo, I'd say it's purple because it can be, and you shouldn't hold that against it.

It's because Eve is a girl planet and that's her favorite color.
Eve is purple because it likes cakes, triangles, and being "just friends".
I heard she sometimes holds hands with Moho, don't tell Duna! But you didn't hear it from me (giggles)
You're all wrong, Eve is just a gigantic grape...
If anyone remembers, Iodine is only purple when exposed to starches.

so it is safe to say, that Eve is a planet sized Kerbtato.

Grape juice vapor, rock candy, and radioactive mud.

Prune* juice. :D

Prince lives there.
Food coloring. U.S.D.A. approved.
I always thought Eve was just a ball of soaked kray-dough lost by the Kerbal Gods.
My theory is the Kerbal system is based on food for the most part.

Moho Chocolate. It's close proximity to the sun, Moho could use a hard outer shell to keep it from melting.

Eve Grape. Contains Anthocyanin.

Gilly Swedish meatball.

Kerbin Earth counterpart. No known food counterpart.

Mun Moon counterpart. Swiss cheese maybe but the color's off.

Minmus Mint green frosting or icecream. Leading Kerbal scientists are still hotly divided over this. Even within the pro icecream side it has fractured into arguments (food fights) over whether it's sherbet or sorbet.

Duna Mars equivalent.

Ike Lump of coal and not food at all.

Dres Snowball?

Jool Watermelon most definitely.

Pol Pollen spore.

Bop Italian meatball. Slightly larger than Swedish (See Gilly).

Tylo Swiss cheese again? Maybe Mun is Baby Swiss?

Vall Horned Mellon? Well that could be a bit of a stretch since they are orange in color.

Laythe Unknown. Just water and sandy beaches. Maybe an indirect link to those adult beverages with their fancy glasses and the little umbrellas. Just need to add a few beach chairs and some Tiki huts.

Eeloo Jawbreaker candy.

Eve is made out of gay fruit juice planets. They combined in the solar nebula.

Simply because its fabulous. Its the Paris Hilton of planets?
Maybe it's the kerbol system monarch, purple is a royal colour right?

Seriously Guys the jokes are getting out of hand

I guess some of them are kind of funny but I seriously want an answer

Well that was uncalled for, I don't see how anything in this thread is "gay," as you put it, it's just a fun discussion about what planets may or may not be made of at this point. It's all fun and games alright? Take a chill pill bro. c:

In case you hadn't noticed, I started the thread to ask exactly that - I'm just sick of people making jokes that eve is purple because it's gay or full of grape juice, etc.

In case you hadn't noticed, I started the thread to ask exactly that - I'm just sick of people making jokes that eve is purple because it's gay or full of grape juice, etc.

Odds are you will never get a straight answer until the devs decide to release why the planets are the colors they are. It's just a fact you have to live with. Oh and a tip: don't be so serious, it tends to push people away from liking you.

Look, the developers made it purple with shiny seas because they thought it looked cool. There is no other reason. And there is no plausible way you're going to get a planet with that color. So we make wild theories. And we have fun making jokes. You should try this 'having fun' thing.

Yep, KSP is a game and the devs rule the skies, they can make a purple planet and it does not need to have an explanation or a real world analog.

They flicked through a colour wheel and decided purple was the future for high gravity, thick atmosphere planets :)

I think if the planet was a Paris Hilton analog it would be pink rather than purple and inhabited by small yappy dogs.

I personally like the way the KSP system sometimes reflects our own solar system and sometimes...doesn't.

Must send a probe to Eve soon ( meaning one that actually gets there rather than falling victim to my substandard design decisions and trajectory planning :D )

If you really want to have realistic answers to your stuff, you should go in the science lab forums, not in general discussion. You don'T even need to make a thread, if I remember correctly, there'S already one for it with around 40 replies, just make a quick search and read the thread, you might find your answer there. In the meanwhile, it's god's juice box.

The exaggerated colours differentiates the various bodies and fits into KSP's cartoonish style. If the colouring was more realistic we'd be seeing a lot more beige, brown and especially grey.

Possible idea: The liquid on Eve is probably room temperature Mercury (Mercury is liquid in room temperature), the surface could be a Potassium compound, and the atmosphere could be made of some O2, CO2, and N2, but only purple visible light can go through the atmosphere and making it purple.

The most popular theory is iodine IIRC. There was a whole thread on it in the science forums a while back. But according to the devs, Eve'S Ocean is full of blutonium, the material used in the LV-Ns. Maybe it's purple? Who knows.

I know I made a thread like this right after .17 came out. I can't remember where it is but I'll try to pull it up.

Just thought of a crazy theory: Eve started off more like Venus but some process turned most of the carbon content of the atmosphere into Buckminsterfullerenes. Which happen to be purple. The oxygen disassociated from the CO/CO2 would have been eroded away over time by the kerbolwind (assuming Eve has no magnetosphere).

Just be happy that it is purple - red/yellow would mean it looked a whole lot more like Venus...

That is not the actual color of Venus. Those are radar images with arbitrarily chosen colors.

That is not the actual color of Venus. Those are radar images with arbitrarily chosen colors.

I know. ;)

But I read somewhere that these are 20km lava bubbles - although I dont know if they are cold now ...