Landers? Cannot really find much.

Im looking for an awesome lander that can land on anything and is attachable to a interplan ship, but to my surprise there is little around, iv found a couple of simple landers but nothing great, tried them and they dont fly great. Is no one really into making landers? :( Ideally that can carry rovers? :/

The different worlds require quite different landing approaches. Small chutes will do on Eve but many chutes are required on Duna, RCS is strong enough for Gilly but Tylo requires as much thrust as taking off from Kerbin, etc. That's why you're not seeing many one-size-fits-all landers.

I imagine that if you make a lander that can get to orbit from Eve and that can land on Tylo (and maybe add some parachutes while you're at it), you can do just about anything with it.

I did design universal lander. It can land and start from anything except Eve. But it is heavily modded, as i needed it for my Grand Tour Lite - which used a single mothership with unimpressive TWR forcing me to cut down weight where it was possible. Anyways - use Kerbal Engineer Redux for data about TWR and deltaV of your constructions.

Interesting thanks guys.

Also I play the game with deadly reentry and Ion Cross life support to make it much more realistic, but also alot harder, as I need life support stuff, I guess why I find it v hard to make a lander! lol And why I rather make one for either side of my interplanetary.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.