No Quicksaves

IllicitMedic

I've only been doing research and development waiting for 0.21 and I got to thinking.

When I start my new game in 0.21 I'm gonna play without quick saving, NASA don't get them you know?

So obviously lots and lots of unmanned testing, flights, scenarios, etc will be needed, should be very fun.

This will give me/anyone else even more reason to carefully plan every aspect of even the smallest missions.

I just read where someone plowed their ship into a satellite (very easy to avoid) by mistake but had quick saved and this gave me the general idea lol. Gives me more reason to plan and pay attention.

Anyway, just thought id share lol.

I usually forget to quicksave anyway, and even if I have one, I tend to forget to actually load it when something went wrong.

Nontheless, I do not think that I will not use them, I don't feel like spending an hour on a mission, just to get it screwed by a little mistake.

NASA doesn't have quicksaves, because NASA isn't a video game, so I guess it's a ok to quickload as one pleases.

not saying you shouldn't do it though! Go for it, what ever makes you feel good!

And where is your evidence to support this argument? Unless you can find a quote from someone who works at NASA, specifically stating they do not use a quicksave function, I am not inclined to believe you.

Never used it. If I do something fatal and expensive involving a multi year setback, I treat it as incentive to be more careful next time.

Lol exactly!

And where is your evidence to support this argument? Unless you can find a quote from someone who works at NASA, specifically stating they do not use a quicksave function, I am not inclined to believe you.

Uhh...next question please.

I hope quicksaves are disabled for career mode as well. I'd miss them, sure, but I think immersion is more important. Sometimes rockets fail, and after enough failures your government would decide that space simply isn't worth it.

I hope quicksaves are disabled for career mode as well. I'd miss them, sure, but I think immersion is more important. Sometimes rockets fail, and after enough failures your government would decide that space simply isn't worth it.

Yes, thisX100. No quick saving in career mode, that would take all the challenge and risk out of it. It would almost be a cheat.

Oh, not this again. If you don't like quicksaves, just don't use them yourself. But don't try to force your playing style on everyone else.

I dont think I have ever used a quick save. It makes getting out to other locations a lot harder but you dont really notice if you are not used to the quicksaves anyways. I guess it is one of the by products of playing the early versions before it was added.

I've only been doing research and development waiting for 0.21 and I got to thinking.

When I start my new game in 0.21 I'm gonna play without quick saving, NASA don't get them you know?

NASA also doesn't have to deal with bugs with physics or the Kraken. Back when 0.20 first came out, a lot of people had space stations just spontaneously explode, me included. All I can say is I am so glad I had quicksaves.

Sandbox mode is for "simulating" your rockets and landers, career is for playing the game. It's as simple as this: If there's no risk of failure, there's no challenge. Without challenge, you won't have a good time. Play sandbox until you're confident enough to fly your rockets without quicksave in career. If you can't lose rockets, you can't lose money, and you can't lose the game.

I honestly don't use it that much, mostly because I forget its there, but removing it wouldn't really do anything benificial.

And if anyone complains about the temptation to use it, all I'm gonna say is practice some self control. If an alcoholic can stop drinking, you can just not press F5 in a video game.

I don't bother with quicksaving either, generally because I always forget about it but also because it removes an element of challenge from the game.

I'm not sure that's such a good idea. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, but there are many random explosion glitches. If you're docking, and still a few meters away, I know sometimes I like to use the brackets to make sure I'm lined up. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Nasa doesn't have to deal with glitches that explode your station when you take a look at it.

Glitches that blow up your station are just that: Glitches. Major mechanics of the game shouldn't have to be planned around bugs that should be fixed by release anyway.

you can spend 30 years working on bug fixing, you'll still not be done. there is just no way to find them all.

Then they should remove Alt + F12 and everything that changes the game in it for career mode and time/physics warp.

Also make it so it doesn't works if there are mods or block mods in career

"NASA don't get them you know"

This is game with green little men going to space, not humans.

The same build rockets that float in the air while in the making and that come back to life when they are "killed".

Not to mention they can stay inside their capsules, drifting in space, for unlimited time and survive.

Don't like it, don't use it.

Then they should remove Alt + F12 and everything that changes the game in it for career mode and time/physics warp.

Also make it so it doesn't works if there are mods or block mods in career

"NASA don't get them you know"

This is game with green little men going to space, not humans.

The same build rockets that float in the air while in the making and that come back to life when they are "killed".

Not to mention they can stay inside their capsules, drifting in space, for unlimited time and survive.

Don't like it, don't use it.

Are you seriously trying to justify using the debug menu in career mode?

Are you seriously trying to justify using the debug menu in career mode?

No, did you even read?

"Then they should remove Alt + F12 and everything that changes the game in it"

I didn't say it was ok to use it, just that they should remove it because NASA doesn't have it.