[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

And those are shiny new models for the adapter tanks, which look sweet. :D

The radial decoupler thing is pretty easy to fix, thanks for the report. If you want to make it work now, just open this file:

GameData\NovaPunch2\Parts\CouplersAndAdapters\NP_coupler_1_25m_radialclamp/part.cfg

and find the node_attach line.

There are 2 'non-zero' numbers in the node, you need to change them from positive to negative, to make it look like this:

node_attach = -1.13, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0

Save the cfg file and reload your parts; should work just as it always has.

Nice probe legs! Now, Some really strong legs for big landers would be nice. My current Eve lander (with return capability) weighs in at 250 tons (it also carries three wheeled rovers and two airship rovers) and requires a ****load of legs.

Also, it would be nice with a stronger 6-way hub than the default, and in all sizes.

Im really debating on deleting KW and Losing my builds. Just to use this nova pack. I had this before but KW was the only one i could get to work with 20. Now from what i understand.KW is not going to update anymore. It has several bugs that need attention. Its hard decision because of the amount of time invested in crafts. I know i know, you will say just run both. but i really try to limit the amount of mods i have. 1. mods can get overwhelming with so many choices. 2 staying updated with them can get tedious. 3 , well 2 is really the main excuse. By the time you have B9 and a KW or Nova pack. that is alot of parts. then parts from BOBCAT and DEV,DR, the list can go on hehe

The modders of KSP are awesome! Such good work

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.1.2f1_911c7369eeac]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module mono.dll at 0023:10105b0d.

Error occurred at 2013-07-06_110914.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by Clay.

71% memory in use.

0 MB physical memory [2201 MB free].

0 MB paging file [0 MB free].

0 MB user address space [132 MB free].

Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

uninstalling Nova Punch allows me to play just fine. With install in crashes to desktop when i click launch....

I'd just like to say this pack has once again become one of my favourite rocket-building packs. I have some suggestions, some you might have already seen if so I apologise in advance:

- Some flatter fuel tanks for each size, half the height of the current smallest ones.

- More and better engines (I know, you're working on revamps) for each diameter.

- A return of the Saturn V-style 5m 5-nozzle flared engine cluster, and possibly a scaled 3.75m version too.

Another more complex idea struck me that might be kinda trick and useful visa-vis your fairing system. I regularly come across situations where a fairing wall is just too long or just too short. I usually overlap the two parts (I often stack payloads using multiple bulkheads or one project I have uses the fairings as an aero-shell around a lander that it sheds after entering the atmosphere). Now, looking at the 'PWing' add-on, it seems someone has worked out how to dynamically scale a part and the stats it has on the fly in the Editor. What would be UBER cool is if you could provide a procedural variable-length fairing wall for each diameter so we can attach it and set the length dynamically.

Also, for the memory crashes; there isn't a whole lot more I can do; its really an issue with the game not handing mods that use a lot of memory (whichis in turn the fault of Unity in some way)

your best bet is to install the part subfolders one by and see how much you can handle, pick the parts you want to use most. If you find one specific folder that seems to cause your crash, let me know.

Re: Suggestions; I don't plan to adding plugin-type content to the mod, its really a parts pack. I leave the plugin making to other modders. We still have a lot of parts to work on, so we'll see what happens, but there is already a lot of parts in the pack.

out of curiosity, what kind of CPU are you running? im running the entirety of KW, some NP1.5B & all of 2.0A, B9, kethane and numerous randoms and have never had a crash from memory usage, although it doesnt really load up all that fast. and im wondering if the memory crashes are due to an overworked CPU or even the GPU.

im running an AMD FX-8350 OC'd to 4.6ghz with a single slightly OC'd Radeon HD7950 and like i said no problems with memory crashes.

kinda just wondering with as advanced as KSP and the add-ons and mods are getting if we arent starting to see the minimum PC specs starting to rise

because i know the posted minimums and recommended specs are for stock KSP but has anyone bothered to factor in addons and mods yet? some like B9 and NP, and KW are a little more detailed than stock parts or do more things

Edited by hellion13

Same here. Kethane, KAS, B9, Firespitter, Ion HybridEngines, KW roketry. No crashes ever. Is it comes from RAM? I have i7-2600k at 3.4GHz 8GB RAM and Nvidia Geforce Gtx 570.

Your specs only matter to a certain extent. Unless your running linux version KSP is 32bit program, so that means 3-4gb max for mem usage, go past that and your gonna crash the game regardless of how beast your machine is.

Your specs only matter to a certain extent. Unless your running linux version KSP is 32bit program, so that means 3-4gb max for mem usage, go past that and your gonna crash the game regardless of how beast your machine is.

thats my question though, why is it that i can run a few megatons of mods and addons and never have a glitch, but some one else adds one part(exaggeration) and crashes? would the actual RAM processing speed be at fault? i run 32Gb @ 1866Mhz, if it is the ram causing the crash im thinking this would be the only spot in the process that can cause a crash and that's the ram getting too full cuz it cant process it out fast enough... prolly wrong thread for all of this LOL

Edited by hellion13
i cant type LOL

"Your specs only matter to a certain extent. Unless your running linux version KSP is 32bit program, so that means 3-4gb max for mem usage, go past that and your gonna crash the game regardless of how beast your machine is."

Interesting. With so many features yet to be implemented, it would seem that there could be limited room for mods to the final game. A situation that has limited the appeal/life span of other games. Perhaps Squad needs to start envisioning a KSP II.

thats my question though, why is it that i can run a few megatons of mods and addons and never have a glitch, but some one else adds one part(exaggeration) and crashes? would the actual RAM processing speed be at fault? i run 32Gb @ 1866Mhz, if it is the ram causing the crash im thinking this would be the only spot in the process that can cause a crash and that's the ram getting too full cuz it cant process it out fast enough... prolly wrong thread for all of this LOL

Probably not the right thread, so last Ill say on it.

Your 32gb of ram mean nothing at all if your running a 32bit version of KSP. I run windows8 so I am stuck with 32bit KSP atm, and my game will crash at around 3.6gb memory usage(i have i7quad, nvid gtx 630 w/2gigs, and 16gb ram). This is due to the way a 32bit program runs within a 64bit OS. Will run in kind of compatability mode, part of that is limiting how much system mem the program uses. 32bit KSP will only use between 3-4gb or system memory. If it is forced above this, via to many mods or whatever, the game will crash. This is not only true when the game loads, but as you load ships into the game too.

@jpkermin- When Squad made KSP Unity did not support 64bit programing for platforms other than linux, hence no win/mac 64bit ksp. It does now though, so i think they would make KSP into 64bit program rather than do sequel

Yeah I rolled in most of the Captain Slug parts quite a while back; the aerospike engine, the "short" version of the big diameter SRB (which I edited to make the new long version too, of course) and most of the payload fairings (which Frizzank has redone/updated since) as well as a few miscellaneous things like the non-folding legs and blunt 'wing mounts'

When I added it I made added something in the main post at the time calling it Nova(Slug)Punch - but I didn't rename if officially since it would be confusing.

I can say through personal experience that a 64 bit window machine does run KSP much better than the 32bit one.

That's because on a 32 bit machine, the available address space is limited, as graphics memory and the PCI bus uses some, so even if you have 4 GB memory, you usually get below 3 GB usable.

On a 64 bit machine, each process gets its own address space, and that problem disappears.

All this, of course, assumes Windows. A Linux 32 bit machine handles up to 64 GB (iirc) without problem. It's an OS limitation in Windows, not a hardware limitation.

Hi, loving the pack. Just found small bug/omission. The fuel tank @ \GameData\NovaPunch2\Parts\FuelTanks\NP_LFT_2_5mx3_0m is missing the PART{} wrapper in the config file. Apologies if this has already been mentioned. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.