[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Does anyone else have a problem with using the fuel tanks and rocket engines from this mod where they both wobble apart from each other, causing the rocket to fall to bits on the launchpad? it's seriously putting me off using the pieces right now.

Sometimes you need to tack the engines to the tanks with a couple struts, just like with certain combinations of stock parts. Unity physics strikes again.

Does anyone else have a problem with using the fuel tanks and rocket engines from this mod where they both wobble apart from each other, causing the rocket to fall to bits on the launchpad? it's seriously putting me off using the pieces right now.

Some parts are also massive so just sitting them on the engines is bad. Use the launch towers and lots of struts.

ive noticed that the fuel tank adapters, stacking fuel tanks causes a wobble, and that 1 or 2 of the engines jump a bit, but its nothing a few of the super strong struts can fix(if you can get them to place right), i do know that the huge SaturnV esque launcher isnt flyable because of this, i wish there was a way to shut down the gimbals of the individual engines on the 5m 5x bearcat engine, that would solve most of the unflyable bit.

i used the 5x M50 adapter more than i used the actual 5x M50 engine just for this reason in the 1.5b pack.

that much thrust kicking a rocket around tends to break things

Edited by hellion13

I tend to lower the gimbal range on the bigger more powerful engines, which greatly reduces the amount of wobble, without having to toggle between full on and full off. It's not ideal, but it works. Maybe some day they will include the ability to adjust the gimbal ranges on the fly. The next update should hopefully fix it though TBH.

Oh my god. I always loved that engine, but I really hated it's model honestly. Glad you remade that one too :D Looks gorgeous, I won't be stopping myself before using it anymore :)

Also, one things I noticed: did the 5m adapter plates get removed?

Edited by stupid_chris

Guys, the game crashes when I try to launch the rocket or observe active satellite.

I have 0.20.2.0 version, all settings at low.

only novapunch mode is installed.

conf: i7 920 processor, 295 gtx, 3gb ram.

I really appreciate any help.

Guys, the game crashes when I try to launch the rocket or observe active satellite.

I have 0.20.2.0 version, all settings at low.

only novapunch mode is installed.

conf: i7 920 processor, 295 gtx, 3gb ram.

I really appreciate any help.

far as i can tell, you are on the low end of the spectrum, specs wise, might be good for running stock KSP and simple add-ons, for some reason ive found that some addons are a little more involved when it comes down to specs, either need a bit more ram, or the CPU isnt quick enough. its not enough that the box says 2.6ghz quad-core, or 3,4, or 8gb of ram, theres a point where the data transfer speed between the two parts that gets bottlenecked, and the game crashes, or might be that the Unity engine doesnt like certain hardware,

do do yourself a favor tho, get at least 4gb,or even better 8gb of new RAM if you can, RAM is pretty cheap right now

Is there a reason behind the slightly odd categories for many of the parts or is it a relic from before there were many other parts/mods? Does Tiberion/do the other users of the mod prefer it this way or is changing it merely a matter of it being extra work?

Edit: Re. Load times and such it all looks good. I was almost certain from past experience with novapunch that it'd be the straw that broke the camel's back after all the other mods I have installed but everything seems fine. Loading takes an eternity, but it's not a subjectively different eternity to before I added novapunch to the mix (running on an i5 with a piece of garbage graphics card and 8gb of ram).

Edited by SchroedingersHat

If you mean in the VAB menu, its intentional mostly; I put all the parts for the Lander and Orbiter craft together in the last tab since we can't do subtabs yet, and then I include a few more things in the "control" category like the vernier thrusters.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.