[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

I’m having an issue with where the Odin trunk separates from the Odin capsule on the pad. It remains attached but is no longer selectable.

You're not alone, I'm having the very same issue. Except for me, it's not just the Odin trunk. It's anything I've attached the Odin capsule to.

I haven't had it happen to the Odin either, but it's some time since I used it last. I'm getting the problem with the CBBP Dragon pod, it sound exactly like what you describe, but it happens to a different mod. It is most likely not NovaPunch's fault, bu a plugin that you have installed.

I haven't had it happen to the Odin either, but it's some time since I used it last. I'm getting the problem with the CBBP Dragon pod, it sound exactly like what you describe, but it happens to a different mod. It is most likely not NovaPunch's fault, bu a plugin that you have installed.

I'll sit down this evening and separate all the mods I use. But to answer Tiberion's question, it happened also with the stock launcher he includes with the mod download. I haven't checked F3 (didn't know about it, sorry), but I will.

I think I narrowed down the problem to KSPI. Something in the WarpPlugin folder to be more exact. I remove that folder, everything on the Odin capsule attaches and launches just fine. I have a few older versions of KSPI that I'll unpack and see if the problem existed with 8.0 or 8.1.

Found the problem with the capsule decoupling from the engines - a simple look at the debug log showed me that KJR is the culprit, it flooded the log with hundreds of entries per second. I'm using a really outdated version, I should try a newer one.

Found the problem with the capsule decoupling from the engines - a simple look at the debug log showed me that KJR is the culprit, it flooded the log with hundreds of entries per second. I'm using a really outdated version, I should try a newer one.

I don't use KJR, so could it be something both KSPI and KJR have in common? I checked F3, nothing showed, didn't know about the debug log. how do I bring that up?

I don't use KJR, so could it be something both KSPI and KJR have in common? I checked F3, nothing showed, didn't know about the debug log. how do I bring that up?

Yeah, I removed KJR and it didn't help. It could be Interstellar, now that you mention it. I'd just be really sad to remove that mod. Anyway, I'm running an outdated version of KSPI, I should update it. Haven't seen anything about this bug in its changelog, though.

Well I tried to do some detailing.. and ended up needing to unwrap some of it again. This is probably about as good as I can get it for now, without completely starting over on the UVmapping.

LCmVWx1.png

I had seen that pic of the heatshield before, and was sort of heading in that direction (thus the color)

Funnily enough, this came across the twitterwire today: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nasaorion/sets/72157633930626112/

Certainly isn't very photogenic :P

Looks good much better.

Oh well... at least noone else have used the name Freyja before. I still don't understand why norse mythology is so popular for naming spacestuff, though. Looks great, especially with that heat shield. It's not exactly what I usually see on these things.

Interesting question. It's mostly a practice of continuity by now I guess because of the historical launch vehicles. Many are named after astronomical objects like Saturn, Centaur, Jupiter (conceptial LV), Ares (conceptial LV), Orion etc. But mostly it's sort of a speciality of the US space program. In the Russian or Japanese barely anything is named after mythological concepts. Ares made sense because it's the Greek equivalent of Mars, the Roman God of war and also the planet which was the very goal of of the now gone constellation program. Also it's Altair lunar lander which means eagle, a reference to the Apollo 11 lander and also a star of the Aquila constellation (which also means eagle). Shuttles definiately broke this unwritten "rule". So does SLS.

To be honest I went with Norse names because they haven't been used too much in major programs, and they sound pretty rad. I can't really help that someone else re-used Thor in KSP, my lander was around 1st :P

Anyway, Freyja's artwork is pretty much done, minus some tweaks as I think of things.

DDSpaYc.png

Don't know when I'll release it, I have some other stuff I want to to do compliment it, and there's other things to do for the update too. Next NP update will probably just be a small .23 compliance update, depending on whats needed.

The Odin CM automatically decouples anything attached to it. Anyone else having this problem? Also notice significant framerate drops even with texture reduction packs.

The bug with the Odin is actually not a bug with the Odin - it's a bug with KSP Interstellar. Go report it to Fractal_UK. It happens to any pod with a build-in decoupler.

Ah okay, good to know. I've been trying interstellar out but so far I'm just not that into it, although I like the whole getting science from an orbital station doing "research" part. 0.23 please! Nova Punch, as always, is fantastic. Recreating Apollo just never gets old for some reason. Next stop: Real Solar System

On the service module engines, the CST-100 has the 4 little thrusters. But I discovered when modeling the nozzle that it looks pretty good with one larger engine (Its 0.625m) in the center as well. Any thoughts, preferences?
Seems you've already decided, but: The service module isn't a transfer stage and this one doesn't look like it's got a lot of fuel, so it doesn't need even a small large engine.
Nothing fancy like landing legs/engines or anything like that.
Thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.