(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

One major update I want to add is Purchasing Kerbals. I have seen the way Story Mission Does it, I will have to talk to the author to see if he minds me using his method of Hiring Kerbals or not. Been trying to do this for awhile, I just having issues getting it to work correct.

Story Missions author here, use anything you want from my mod. The way I handle hiring Kerbals is very simple. I just keep a list of Kerbals I know about and periodically compare it to HighLogic.CurrentGame.CrewRoster.

Story Missions author here, use anything you want from my mod. The way I handle hiring Kerbals is very simple. I just keep a list of Kerbals I know about and periodically compare it to HighLogic.CurrentGame.CrewRoster.

Thanks A Bunch. :)

So I keep loosing outrageous amounts of money and effort, because I'm used to reverting flights the standard stock way. I'm going insane. You guys remember that old G-lockflight plugin? Anyone know how I can tweak the config for that to cover up the stock KSP flight revert buttons. Or hey, Malkuth, if you haven't found a permanent solution for that by your next update, maybe you can just place the MCE GUI revert button over the stock ones. That way the only way to revert a flight the stock way is to disable the MCE plugin. Just a thought.

EDIT. As fate would have it, the old G_lock flight plugin already does cover the stock button. At least enough to to say "hey! Wake up stupid." when you go to ruin your career mode save file. FYI if anyone else has this problem. I'd link it but a can't find it anymore. I had to dig it out of my .20 backup files.

EDIT AGAIN. (found it)http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/g_lockflight-7/

Edited by CloudyMN1979

Malkuth I don't mean to pry, but I never did get the recycle feature to work properly. I'm wondering if something is wrong with my install. It is purchased.. I just cannot get that reimbursement window to pop up. 5 parachutes, 10, 15, ok now I'm loosing several hundred D/v. Just does not work..

The only way I can get it to work is if the stage has a quarter tank left of fuel in it. Powered landing. Cannot get parachutes to work.

So I keep loosing outrageous amounts of money and effort, because I'm used to reverting flights the standard stock way. I'm going insane. Or hey, Malkuth, if you haven't found a permanent solution for that by your next update, maybe you can just place the MCE GUI revert button over the stock ones.

Malkuth, how do you handle reversion and quick save? You may want to look at the way I do it that is completely transparent to the player. Basically if time has gone backwards then the game has reverted or a quick save has been loaded.

The idea may be simple but the implementation was a pain in the a*** and took a while to get working with all the KSP weirdness and edge cases. This is how it's done in story missions:

On entering the flight scene

Compare the quick save time to the universal time, if they are the same load the quick save.

Compare the revert save time to the universal time, if they are the same load the revert save.

If none of the above and the vessel is at prelaunch create a revert save and remember the time.

Every flight update

Check for F5 key press and if the vessel is clear to save create a quick save.

It may be a frame or 2 after the KSP quick save but that's ok.

On entering VAB or space center

Compare the revert save time to the universal time, if they are the same load the revert save.

Some things to be aware of:

There's two methods to get the universal time, Planaterium.GetUniversalTime() and Highlogic.currentgame.universaltime. You have to use different methods in different places.

Highlogic is correct on entering a scene but is not updated afterwards.

Planaterium is updated every frame but is invalid in the VAB. Do NOT use it if scene==VAB, you will get an incorrect value.

Universal time drifts by about half a second every time revert to launch is used. But revert to assembly will always go back to the original launch time.

Going to the space center from flight is really doing a 'Revert To Space Center' when you get that warning message.

There's also hardcore mode where I disable quick save and remove the 'Revert To Launch' button from KSP. It's not how I would ever want to play but if somebody wants a challenge, well good luck.

Malkuth, how do you handle reversion and quick save? You may want to look at the way I do it that is completely transparent to the player. Basically if time has gone backwards then the game has reverted or a quick save has been loaded.

The idea may be simple but the implementation was a pain in the a*** and took a while to get working with all the KSP weirdness and edge cases. This is how it's done in story missions:

On entering the flight scene

Compare the quick save time to the universal time, if they are the same load the quick save.

If none of the above and the vessel is at prelaunch create a revert save and remember the time.

Every flight update

Check for F5 key press and if the vessel is clear to save create a quick save.

It may be a frame or 2 after the KSP quick save but that's ok.

On entering VAB or space center

Some things to be aware of:

There's two methods to get the universal time, Planaterium.GetUniversalTime() and Highlogic.currentgame.universaltime. You have to use different methods in different places.

Highlogic is correct on entering a scene but is not updated afterwards.

Planaterium is updated every frame but is invalid in the VAB. Do NOT use it if scene==VAB, you will get an incorrect value.

Universal time drifts by about half a second every time revert to launch is used. But revert to assembly will always go back to the original launch time.

Going to the space center from flight is really doing a 'Revert To Space Center' when you get that warning message.

There's also hardcore mode where I disable quick save and remove the 'Revert To Launch' button from KSP. It's not how I would ever want to play but if somebody wants a challenge, well good luck.

The way I did the revert button in Misssion Controller for now is that since mission controller has its own save file. I made Mission Controller create 2 files, the normal save and the backup save. The normal save is saved everytime a scene is changed and its the way its worked since Nobody first installed it. The part I added was the backup save. This is only ever saved when you enter the KSP Overview of the complex. The backup is always behind unless they enter this screen again.

With the revert button they push the button, and Mission Controller Reverts to the backup, and also Activates Kerbal Space Programs revert Button also and sends you back to VAB.

Was a simple fix. This is the part of code that calls the fuction. The rest is spread out throughtout the code for MCE

The plan is to eventually actually get rid of the Mission Controller save all together and have Mission Controller save within the persistent file of KSP.

Malkuth I don't mean to pry, but I never did get the recycle feature to work properly. I'm wondering if something is wrong with my install. It is purchased.. I just cannot get that reimbursement window to pop up. 5 parachutes, 10, 15, ok now I'm loosing several hundred D/v. Just does not work..

The only way I can get it to work is if the stage has a quarter tank left of fuel in it. Powered landing. Cannot get parachutes to work.

Not sure what the problem might be then. I can tell you Im playing it right now and it works for me. But I will check it out again just to make sure. Your talking about the auto Recycling correct? When you launch the vechicle and are trying to get money back from the parts you drop?

Edited by malkuth

So I keep loosing outrageous amounts of money and effort, because I'm used to reverting flights the standard stock way. I'm going insane. You guys remember that old G-lockflight plugin? Anyone know how I can tweak the config for that to cover up the stock KSP flight revert buttons. Or hey, Malkuth, if you haven't found a permanent solution for that by your next update, maybe you can just place the MCE GUI revert button over the stock ones. That way the only way to revert a flight the stock way is to disable the MCE plugin. Just a thought.

EDIT. As fate would have it, the old G_lock flight plugin already does cover the stock button. At least enough to to say "hey! Wake up stupid." when you go to ruin your career mode save file. FYI if anyone else has this problem. I'd link it but a can't find it anymore. I had to dig it out of my .20 backup files.

EDIT AGAIN. (found it)http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/g_lockflight-7/

I was afraid this might be a problem. But to revert in KSP you have to push ESC and then revert flight. With Mission Controller the Revert button is in plain sight ready to be pushed. :) You must break habbit. :)

well.

1. can i use part title instead of part name in PartGoal

PartGoal
{
[COLOR="#FF0000"]partName = SC-9001 Science Jr.[/COLOR] [B]instead of [/B][COLOR="#008000"] partName = science_module[/COLOR]
}

will this work?

2. if i change mission goals while in mission in action, will this be actual for current mission?

Edited by DennyTX

It would be awesome if kethane could be merged with this somehow. I wan't to be mining moons and earn money for kethane. =)

Edit: read mod info more carefully.. this includes making money by kethane. I am really excited now!

Edited by TUFOM

It would be awesome if kethane could be merged with this somehow. I wan't to be mining moons and earn money for kethane. =)

Edit: read mod info more carefully.. this includes making money by kethane. I am really excited now!

It already is, just implement a mission that the goal is to get X of kethane. You can even combine that with a landing goal on kerbin, if you want it to be that the objetive is to return it to kerbin.

Make it repeatable.

Cheers,

Now I understand I must make kethane mining missions myself, is there instructions for this? I know where mission files are located and how to edit them. Or is there already these kind of kethane mission packs to download? :)

Now I understand I must make kethane mining missions myself, is there instructions for this? I know where mission files are located and how to edit them. Or is there already these kind of kethane mission packs to download? :)

Carefully read the OP on MCE again, all the information is on the first page! There is even a link to how to make your own missions.

Reading is power!

Pretty much everything is covered in this link. Its even updated with most the new commands I have added over the last few versions.

MissionController Extended Version .37 Update

1. Fixed To work in Kerbal Space Program Version .23

2. Please note this is a quick fix, it fixes all the Stuff I can see in the Code. IE Plugin Code that was changed in .23. But other problems might still exist in other parts that need more play testing. Check it out and leave any reports on the Github Page or this thread. Thanks everyone enjoy Kerbal Space Program .23!!

It has some game breaking bugs in 0.23, if I open the mission chosing panel when I get in VAB, I can't click on anything anymore like the parts in construction panel, the buttons highlight on hover, but don't react on click..

The way to avoid this bug is to chose a mission FIRST on the space center screen. It looks like that the window where you chose the folder somehow breaks the button detection.

Also, the moment I put some parts (not all parts), like this realchute on my craft, the cost increases repeadatly reaching millions.. The cost adds up in every frame basically. Although the cost on the part says "140".

before placing the part:

9IllIpFl.jpg

after placing the part:

EOAvZGRl.jpg

you can't see the spinning number but it's going wild up to millions xD

While some other realchute parts have no increasing cost problems.

Edited by nothke

It has some game breaking bugs in 0.23, if I open the mission chosing panel when I get in VAB, I can't click on anything anymore like the parts in construction panel, the buttons highlight on hover, but don't react on click..

The way to avoid this bug is to chose a mission FIRST on the space center screen. It looks like that the window where you chose the folder somehow breaks the button detection.

Also, the moment I put some parts (not all parts), like this realchute on my craft, the cost increases repeadatly reaching millions.. The cost adds up in every frame basically. Although the cost on the part says "140".

before placing the part:

http://i.imgur.com/9IllIpFl.jpg

after placing the part:

http://i.imgur.com/EOAvZGRl.jpg

you can't see the spinning number but it's going wild up to millions xD

While some other realchute parts have no increasing cost problems.

Thanks for the Info On this I have fixed this bug in .38.

Also I tried out RealChutes myself and noticed no problems like you mentioned. There is a new version of realchutes I would try that one.

Most likely caused by Realchutes own coding issues which he seems to have fixed in newest version.

Changelog:

December 18th 2013 (take two)

v0.3.2.1

*Hotfix*

-Fixed the bug where dual parachutes would take mass forever

-Fixed a bug with combo chutes having ridiculous starting weight

-Finally fixed the bug with the FASA and Bargain Rocket parachutes, they will now animate properly (big thanks to sirkut)

-All the ModuleManager files are now included with the main download, remove those you don't want.

Edited by malkuth

New Version Of MissionController Extended .38 Is Up

1. Fixed the Lockup bug in VAB when you try to select a mission while in VAB. This was my fault sorry, I misunderstood what a line meant in code. Its all better now and should not happen anymore.

You can download the new version from Front page either SpacePort or DropBox

Thanks for the Info On this I have fixed this bug in .38.

Also I tried out RealChutes myself and noticed no problems like you mentioned. There is a new version of realchutes I would try that one.

Most likely caused by Realchutes own coding issues which he seems to have fixed in newest version.

Yes, I restarted KSP, and the realchute did not have the problem with increasing number.. Weird.

Also on one mission (the go to space and EVA), I returned to Kerbin, landed, but there was no "mission successful" dialogue, I did all other objectives, only return to Kerbin was not done. I recovered the craft and didn't get any money for the done mission.

Also, another bug. I jetisonned SRBs with parachutes, and when they unloaded I got:

http://i.imgur.com/mvdh9Cm.png

Eh, what?? Crew insurance returned? But there was no crew on the SRB. Maybe cause the crew is safer now, no SRBs onboard xD

Ok Ill check it out. I don't think you actually got the Insurance back though only the Small part. That insurance thing happens every so often, but found you actually don't get the payment only the notification.

Sometimes it seems that the check for the crew notification is skipped.

Yes, I restarted KSP, and the realchute did not have the problem with increasing number.. Weird.

Also on one mission (the go to space and EVA), I returned to Kerbin, landed, but there was no "mission successful" dialogue, I did all other objectives, only return to Kerbin was not done. I recovered the craft and didn't get any money for the done mission.

Also, another bug. I jetisonned SRBs with parachutes, and when they unloaded I got:

http://i.imgur.com/mvdh9Cm.png

Eh, what?? Crew insurance returned? But there was no crew on the SRB. Maybe cause the crew is safer now, no SRBs onboard xD

Alright I tested both these issues and never ran into them. Like I said sometimes for some reason the Text for Crew Insurance Bleeds through for some reason but you don't actually get the payment. And I managed to finish the Early Years EVA mission. I did change the Orbit Goals to make it a little more Easy to understand now, which might of been the problem. So should be all set now. The missions have been updated, no version changes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.