[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

No not really. If I can find the planet textures in some slightly higher textures I might consider it. But it's not even close to a priority.

We need to convert you to the cult of the 8k*4k planet textures I see.... anyhows.. this was very educational...

Yes i was moderate because I'm new

but I have enough message to post live now ;-)

Yep and had I seen your texture test earlier (Or rather, where the topic was when you posted it) I'd not even have bothered going higher than 8k. Oh well ;P Welcome to the "real-time" forums by the way. :sticktongue:

We need to convert you to the cult of the 8k*4k planet textures I see.... anyhows.. this was very educational...

I think my first version of kerbin was a higher resolution that I found off the internet (and I can't find it anymore and I deleted every copy of it) but I dropped the resolution down because anything higher than 4k x 2k is absurd.

I think my first version of kerbin was a higher resolution that I found off the internet (and I can't find it anymore and I deleted every copy of it) but I dropped the resolution down because anything higher than 4k x 2k is absurd.

Well bac9 was right to criticize 4k textures in games like Oblivion, but for PLANETS (mapped spherical) you want to go WAY WAY beyond that. 8k*4k is the minimal planet texture for my taste... ;p The difference is ... worlds. (Also it's highest texture res supported by d3d9 api)

Edited by eRe4s3r

Here, I made a new Moho which I actully really like I might even keep it in my game! I made Moho more red and gave at the feeling of close to the sun. Here's a picture:

tBflR4Y.jpg

Download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!x85BTawa!JYF6YhwExgvcUuJo_hdLuWCbpv5L2Uk4ibZ8oYuKCKM

Instructions: Put Moho in Textures/Planets

Hope you like it!

*BTW I had to lower the resulotion of Moho for this... I hope you don't mind*

If you want I can work on it a little bit more.

Edited by eran100

That actually looks really cool! Well, not really cool. Really hot. Like, it looks all scorched. Thank you!

No problem, By the way, 200 POSTS

VdFlPdK.gif

GZPzNpV.gif

Any more requests?

Edited by eran100

Hmm yes that is quite nice.

I would ask for a less-brightly coloured Minimus, but I'm hesitant to completely change the textures of bodies like that because they just revert to the default if you're close enough. But with that Moho doesn't really matter because it's pretty much the same as the ground colour. So I might start using that.

Hmm yes that is quite nice.

I would ask for a less-brightly coloured Minimus, but I'm hesitant to completely change the textures of bodies like that because they just revert to the default if you're close enough. But with that Moho doesn't really matter because it's pretty much the same as the ground colour. So I might start using that.

You want Minmus that is less white/bright?

Edit: DONE

8HLm9BV.jpg

Just kidding, I won't give the download because this is racist (And because I had a fail there with white line...)

I'm working on it right now.

Edited by eran100

Done, but first off did you check my "Sol System" Minmus? it looks like this:

CilehLu.jpg

If not try it, it's in page 46.

Here's my version of TRYING to make Minmus less white/bright:

xb0CfKa.jpg

Download link:https://mega.co.nz/#!p9w2zYoQ!B84vs23R4NPKR8CyiUcZy0BDr7J9hmB07y8fC8b_26A

Instructions: Put Minmus in Textures/Moons

Hope you like it :)

I'm doing the planets in 8K

I would give the link of the pack as soon as I finished

I made 5 already

Awesome, can't wait for it!

Any more requests? I'm on fire!

Edited by eran100
EDITING IS THE BEST THING EVER

I'd kill for a Minmus with the same default colorset (as it is something very special with this moon, and Jeb will have to deal with it anyway when he will crash on it and stay there waiting for rescue), but with higher resolution. I don't know if this is related to its small size requiring zooming in, but Minmus really looks low quality and blurry when you look at it in the map.

I'd kill for a Minmus with the same default colorset (as it is something very special with this moon, and Jeb will have to deal with it anyway when he will crash on it and stay there waiting for rescue), but with higher resolution. I don't know if this is related to its small size requiring zooming in, but Minmus really looks low quality and blurry when you look at it in the map.

Did you check my Minmus at page 46? it looks like this:

CilehLu.jpg