[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

I haven't seen Gravity yet but I'd wager it's an Orlan space suit, possibly the Haiying variation used by China. I can't quite make out the lettering, but the Orlan suits are available on the ISS and I know they visit a Chinese station at one point in the movie.

EDIT: According to some quick research, it's a mix of Sokol and Strizh suits, neither of which are EVA-rated curiously.

Edited by Lyinginbedmon

BTW, the space suit which Bullock uses it the Strizh, right? It's not EVA rated.

Nope, it's a "hybrid" of Sokol, Orlan and Strizh. I think only the helmet looks like the Sokol. They're meant to be a pressurized bubble basically. More like ascend/descend suits. Not really for EVA.

Are there any templates for suit textures?

Edited by AlbertoKermov

The green button starts the download, right? I don't speak French.

Yep, you have to click the greyish one first ("Téléchargement Gratuit") then click on the green one.

Awesome indeed, great work for compiling and creating the missing textures mate !

Yep, you have to click the greyish one first ("Téléchargement Gratuit") then click on the green one.

Awesome indeed, great work for compiling and creating the missing textures mate !

Thanks.

To the person who created this pack, Kerbin seems to have some bugs: it either crashes the game during the loading screen or somes up with a lot of graphical errors. Any chance you could release a compressed version or something? I really want a cloudy Kerbin in my game. :)

Speak for yourself, I'm still stuck waiting for that guy's super cool Eve texture. ;.;

Sorry, universe replacer started crashing my computer and I realized that as pretty as it is, I really want to be able to play the game itself.

I kept kerbin though. 8k... clouds... city lights... mmm

So, about Eve. I tried it and realized that things get warped really weird when they are wrapped around a sphere. So my new texture has a different cloud map. Might not look as good flat, but I think it should do wonders on the planet itself.

There's a big and a small PNG. I don't know what the hell you people want.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/eaf67128b9/

zz7m.png

nvyh.png

kx8w.png

nh8m.png

The green button starts the download, right? I don't speak French.

Those look awesome, by the way.

The one starting the download is "Téléchargement Gratuit"

I'll put a screenshot of it on my post :)

Thanks.

To the person who created this pack, Kerbin seems to have some bugs: it either crashes the game during the loading screen or somes up with a lot of graphical errors. Any chance you could release a compressed version or something? I really want a cloudy Kerbin in my game. :)

I have done a 1024 version, it is uploading at the moment :)

Sorry, universe replacer started crashing my computer and I realized that as pretty as it is, I really want to be able to play the game itself.

I kept kerbin though. 8k... clouds... city lights... mmm

So, about Eve. I tried it and realized that things get warped really weird when they are wrapped around a sphere. So my new texture has a different cloud map. Might not look as good flat, but I think it should do wonders on the planet itself.

There's a big and a small PNG. I don't know what the hell you people want.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/eaf67128b9/

zz7m.png

nvyh.png

kx8w.png

nh8m.png

Is it the same as the real Eve Map ?

I prefer my Eve completely clouded à la Venus instead of Earth, but the terrain itself is impeccable. Eve always gave off this kind of (liquid) metallic vibe and your terrain pulls that off better than the original. Great work!

I prefer my Eve completely clouded à la Venus instead of Earth, but the terrain itself is impeccable. Eve always gave off this kind of (liquid) metallic vibe and your terrain pulls that off better than the original. Great work!

I agree with you, however I like seeing where I'm going to land. Thanks for the kind comments.

Sorry for all the questions, but how do you get the textures, does it come with a default, or do you download them seperately? So far i only downloaded the universe replacer on the first page.

You download them separately. There's a list of texture packs in the OP, as well as several others scattered across this thread.

Here is a starless sky (box) for you. It is kind of depressing actually.

Whatever you want license, cause anyone could do it in like 5 minutes, so.. yeah.

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/9a122f2c

Why is your starless sky box image directory an executable file that gets blocked by my virus protection? Wanna explain that, please?