cBBp SPC Pack v0.4: Fixed Failcan RCS and added some adapter pieces. Enjoy.

I have to admit a mei long type capsule would be great. With integrated RCS? That way it would allow for a smaller orbital upper stage. Or it would be perfect for a lander as you could have a shorter, lower centre of gravity yet still have moneverability on the way back home.

I have to admit a mei long type capsule would be great. With integrated RCS? That way it would allow for a smaller orbital upper stage. Or it would be perfect for a lander as you could have a shorter, lower centre of gravity yet still have moneverability on the way back home.

I agree, that\'s what the DU pack was missing from the Mei Long.

K I got the Alpha of the capsule done to see if what i want is even possible. and it is. a capsule with engines, rcs, and emergency parachute and such with nose cones and enough fuel for powered landing.

Anyone care to take care of the RCS effect angles and such for me? :D i hate those. i cannot figure out the numbers at all :( this one mvoes it up one time the next time it is sideways.. then Q and E effects stop working. I have no idea.

durgurn%20capsule%20dem.png

yeah the dragon will definitely have a backup shoot even when it can land under power

Jeb insists there are no chutes. Atleast while ASAS is not working right :/ it doesn\'t use the RCS to correct path. and parachute makes things break with out ASAS and RCS team working. AKA i did make a parachute but no go till ASAS works

anyway a little detail goes a long way.

durgundetail.png

Jeb insists there are no chutes. Atleast while ASAS is not working right :/ it doesn\'t use the RCS to correct path. and parachute makes things break with out ASAS and RCS team working. AKA i did make a parachute but no go till ASAS works

Not sure I understand, once a chute is deployed, if the drag is high enough it pretty much orients your velocity vector straight down, not much stabilization left.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.