Kerbin City Community Project - Phase B - New Islands

nothke

nice , hehe bullet train could be easy to do, could be like playing lego :) , just need a couple sets of different angle tracks, train is simple enough to make [3dmax], this it turning out to be a sim city.

No feedback on my suggestion about a possible closed loop highway ?

doesn't have to be fancy textured or anything, it just would be nice to have a bit of asphalt to cruise around on without needing to brake for dear life before plunging into the sea. :D

Hay guys, sorry, my exams started and I had no time to focus on KSP, I have build 3 90% done and I just need basically some things to polish. But unfortunately the update might not come in less than 2 more weeks cause I am focusing on my exams. If I find any free time to relax in that time I'll work on KC. Yeah.. That's like relaxing =)

and in case you haven't seen it, here's a little something https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuPLyIiIYAA-YN5.png:large

2 new bridges, a new landmass, Justin's plot, and something "secret", is coming in build 3 =)

Edited by nothke

Hay guys, sorry, my exams started and I had no time to focus on KSP, I have build 3 90% done and I just need basically some things to polish. But unfortunately the update might not come in less than 2 more weeks cause I am focusing on my exams. If I find any free time to relax in that time I'll work on KC. Yeah.. That's like relaxing =)

and in case you haven't seen it, here's a little something https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuPLyIiIYAA-YN5.png:large

2 new bridges, a new landmass, Justin's plot, and something "secret", is coming in build 3 =)

No rush. Real life is priority. Do what you gotta do.

I've gotta say that your texture bundle for Kerbin City is fantastic, Nothke! I've been working on my own little airport thing and none of the textures I had before looked good. I switch over to the ones here and everything is awesome! :D

g4QJIiK.png

Kinda based off of the Kerbin City airport but would be located elsewhere on Kerbin (think opposite side of the planet).

Hi guys!

I was wondering if I could get any help with my current project, the KerbinDOT (kerbin development of transportation).

Pretty much, the idea is to cover Kerbin with a big big highway, running around major geographical features.

I am having a problem with the models of my Kerbtown buildings. The Kerbtown thread is quite inactive, so I decided to ask here. I imported my .DAE files from Sketchup to Unity, and it all looks good in unity, good shading and all, but when I put my building into the game, it turns out super bright and shiny compared to the rest of the place.

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/CTqwRAA

I'm not sure why, it also happens with all of the other models I try to put into KSP. It is even bright at night. Can anyone help me on this?

Are you sending the .dae files from Sketchup to Unity and then exporting the part from unity using the KSP part tools? .dae files lost support long before the Forumpocalypse of April 2013 and shouldn't be used period.

One thing to check is the shaders on your materials. They should be using the KSP/Diffuse shader that comes with the part tools.

I exported the part using Part tools, but I didn't know .DAE files were outdated. Which file type should I export it to? Also, it was using the KSP/diffuse shader. My other model used Alpha/cutoff since it was partly transparent.

I am having a problem with the models of my Kerbtown buildings. The Kerbtown thread is quite inactive, so I decided to ask here. I imported my .DAE files from Sketchup to Unity, and it all looks good in unity, good shading and all, but when I put my building into the game, it turns out super bright and shiny compared to the rest of the place.

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/CTqwRAA

I'm not sure why, it also happens with all of the other models I try to put into KSP. It is even bright at night. Can anyone help me on this?

Stupid question. I assume the model's still shiny after you've deselected it in KerbTown? KerbTown 'highlights' a model when you first place it. Place a second object after the first. Is the first object still shiny?

EDIT - Also don't import SketchUp DAEs directly into Unity. The hierarchy will be screwed up and KSP will choke one way or another on a model like that (even if part tools seems happy with it). Export to FBX from Blender first. That'll sort out SketchUp's dodgy DAE hierarchy.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Sketchup can export to .obj, which is a lot better. Although you were using the part tools, which should negate the issue. My concern was that you were using the raw .dae as the final model for KSP, but since you're clearly not doing that it should be fine.

I'd look into what AlphaAsh suggests. Kerbtown does indeed highlight the scenery you currently have selected, so deselect it through the "Show Existing" menu and see how it works.

Edit: Wow, I should have reloaded the page sooner. :P