Kerbin City Community Project - Phase B - New Islands

nothke

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

names Dani, if you dint see the username. lol xD

if i may ask about 10-50 questions more or less...

am i able to build ANOTHER City somewhere..... here?

Small%20Kerbin%20Map.jpg

i do think that is a good spot... isn't it. :D... also the name is different from yours

since it is ANOTHER CITY :P

if you think the name is Kerbal City... its actually New Kerbal City!

if anyone want to add a city at the Exact spot.. just do it.... since its just an idea... and i want to edit into it....somehow... i dont know what program to use :(

will someone give me the link to a program to edit 3D models?? please... with a cherry on top :P and some sunglasses :cool:

will someone give me the link to a program to edit 3D models??

Blender is your friend. Free to use, no questions asked, and works on Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows (I can personally confirm the first two and the third is an obvious yes).

Blender is your friend. Free to use, no questions asked, and works on Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows (I can personally confirm the first two and the third is an obvious yes).

mines a windows so yea thanks :D have some sunglasses:cool::cool::cool::cool: I did say some.. didn't I ?

Hey Nothke, happy to see the project up and running again. Kinda had an accident with Jeb today. I forgot the bridges were unfinished. Oops! I'm back to working on my blender-fu, working on a simple cargo container mod for those who wish to make space freighters. I plan to make parts compatible with Lack's LLL and stock. Anyway, Is there any plots left for me to build the JMC (Jool Mining Corporation) building?

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like your enthusiasm, but you have a long way to go before you'll be able to create a whole city. Chances are you'll get bored as soon as you start. You should start slow. Make a part or something. There's a bi-weekly competition on these forums. It's a good way to learn how to mod for KSP. It's probably too late for this round, but you can join next friday.

Hello everyone I want to help on the city but Im not to sure how to model ive done a lot of stuff on google sketch. Ive seen people made their models on blender ive attempted using that software but is there any other software I could use to make models ???

Thanks Cathan

Hello im wanting to help build onto kerbin city but im not to sure how to start out modelling ive used google sketch which im good at using however using blender im not good at so is there any other software anyone knows which I could use or would I still be able to use google sketch up?

Thanks

Hello im wanting to help build onto kerbin city but im not to sure how to start out modelling ive used google sketch which im good at using however using blender im not good at so is there any other software anyone knows which I could use or would I still be able to use google sketch up?

Thanks

According to this article (from the author of new KSC buildings), sketchup can be used, but it need to exactly know what you're doing to avoid end with a mess like the "house" shows as example in the article.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Hello Cathan,

Help is allways welcome. I like Modeling with "Wings3d" because it es really easy to use and fast to learn. So you might take a look at it too. :) But Sketchup will work just fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Are you going to make it for Mac? I mean, I can't open .rar on my mac and it sucks. Your mod looks cool though.

Let me PM Nothke to put the zip file I compiled in the original post. I compiled it to deal with this but simply reposting the link at every request is bit of a pain :P

KerbinCity_build2.zip (Hosted on Dropbox)

Edit: sent a PM to Nothke with the zip file, hopefully he can get it onto the thread soon. :)

Edited by OrbitusII
DYAC

Hey Nothke, have you seen this KittopiaTech Ingame Terraforming Tools V0.12 allready?

I have not tried it for myself, but it might be a solution for the River you wrote about a while ago.:cool:

I have just tried it out, but I can't figure out how it's possible to "paint" or add geo features using it. The documentation is scarce, and I don't have much time to spend figuring it out myself.

If anyone is interested in checking it out and creating a pqs to "dig" the river, it would be much appreciated.

Btw, the old link is not working, here is a new one http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68619-Plugin-WIP-KittopiaTech-Ingame-Terraforming-Tools-V0-155

Edited by nothke

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to search the thread, but didn't find anything... Has anyone created a spot for a ground relay station for remote tech 2? If not is there a way I could get a small patch of land to add a few large dishes to work it out?

I want to ask, if is there anyone, who working on this project now? or it's half dead?

Well this is kinda dead because KerbTown isn't beeing updated anymore. If someone updates it, that would be awesome.

Well this is kinda dead because KerbTown isn't beeing updated anymore. If someone updates it, that would be awesome.

While it's true that Kerbtown isn't being updated anymore (except for the occasional 3rd party one) there is an update by Snjo (I think) that works in 0.23 and still works in 0.24. The main issue now is just finding people to contribute their work.

I can work on finding that updated version, it's somewhere in the kerbtown thread around page 68 if memory serves.

Edit: Found it, there's a link to the link to the download on the kerbtown OP, but here's the relevant link to make your lives easier: Kerbtown (fixed for v0.23)

I went ahead and saved it to my personal dropbox so if that download ever goes down then I still have a copy that can be shared.

Edited by OrbitusII
found the link