Kerbin City Community Project - Phase B - New Islands

nothke

While it's true that Kerbtown isn't being updated anymore (except for the occasional 3rd party one) there is an update by Snjo (I think) that works in 0.23 and still works in 0.24. The main issue now is just finding people to contribute their work.

I can work on finding that updated version, it's somewhere in the kerbtown thread around page 68 if memory serves.

Edit: Found it, there's a link to the link to the download on the kerbtown OP, but here's the relevant link to make your lives easier: Kerbtown (fixed for v0.23)

I went ahead and saved it to my personal dropbox so if that download ever goes down then I still have a copy that can be shared.

Thx, will test it next week

The main issue now is just finding people to contribute their work.

I have been wanting to contribute work to this for more than half a year now, but I haven't received a plot assignment yet...

I have been wanting to contribute work to this for more than half a year now, but I haven't received a plot assignment yet...

Well, just as I mentioned, there is no really a fixed size. There will be no plots as in the first phase. It all depends on what you do, and you should definitely start working on it, post some previews, show some ideas, and then we'll find the best place for it on the new islands. And because things on the new island should be more logical and interconnected instead of the strict "city for their own" plots.

BTW, Kerbtown is confirmed working in 0.24 with the latest unofficial update that you can get from this post

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/40374?p=1052327#post1052327

and we have news from Razchek that he is coming back to KSP =)

Edited by nothke

I certainly hope this project doesn't die out. I downloaded the latest version and flew around the airport and Kerbin City. It is very impressive work.

No error messages with 0.24.2

:)

I certainly hope this project doesn't die out. I downloaded the latest version and flew around the airport and Kerbin City. It is very impressive work.

Can confirm that it's working fine with 0.24.2. I might have to try and model some buildings to help get this going again, I've had it installed almost constantly since 0.23.5 came out and I always enjoy flying around the buildings. :D

Can confirm that it's working fine with 0.24.2. I might have to try and model some buildings to help get this going again, I've had it installed almost constantly since 0.23.5 came out and I always enjoy flying around the buildings. :D

same, i'm using it :D

Glad it works and you like it of course

I'm keeping the download installed. It's a great addition to the game, and a nice alternative landing spot for aircraft. Also a great place to try out rovers and do a little exploring.

nothke, you do know my plot has been finished for quite a while now, right? I can send it to you right now if you want.

Also zekes, your logo is on one of my buildings.

Yes, you can send me the plot. I think that I'll publish bulid 2.1 with it, and to fix the spawn points.

Justin hasn't showed up yet so I have been working on fixing the City and building some more stuff, to the point that I think I already have material for the actual build 3 =) I've finished 2 bridges and set up a WIP island that will loom by the Eastern island till I finish all the streets =)

So, if anyone has some material for today/tomorrow that I can include in build 3 for Eastern Island or something else, now's the time to talk =)

EDIT: I have added/edited a few things in the OP marked in RED, primarily concerning how to send me models

Edited by nothke

I am really looking forward to seeing this in person on my computer.

Thank you all for your efforts, past and present.

Very cool! Can't wait! Is the terrain in that picture a kerbtown object?

Yeah, it's a mesh, not an actual terrain. It will be replaced with actual island and streets later.

EDIT: I do already already have streets laid out (http://i.imgur.com/TcXNN6h.jpg), but they are not finished/precisely connected so they'll wait for the next build

Edited by nothke