[0.21] ICBM Launch Silo

Themorris

With the latest patch for Kerbtown, launch sites work again, but the models require updating to specify the launch position, otherwise craft spawn at the model's origin.

Would love to try this again.

• 1 month later...

Someone made a .mu->.blend converter, so you can get the source models back by re-downloading your own add-on and running it through that tool. I don't remember who made it, though. Might have been Mihara?

Someone made a .mu->.blend converter, so you can get the source models back by re-downloading your own add-on and running it through that tool. I don't remember who made it, though. Might have been Mihara?

Taniwha made the .mu impoter for .mu files. its in the tools section of this forum.

I know that. I have it myself. If somebody wants to do it, feel free to do so. I'll probably finish the other one someday in the future. But not in the near future. Maybe I could recover the files somehow and send them to the guy(I don't know his name anymore)who made kerbinside? I'll see.

Really awesome. Downloaded. But is it just me or do you launch clipped into the hill? Anything I make explodes instantly. Also, door got stuck halfway open :(. From just EVA running around it though, and VTOL down into it, it looks amazing. Good work :D

Really awesome. Downloaded. But is it just me or do you launch clipped into the hill? Anything I make explodes instantly. Also, door got stuck halfway open :(. From just EVA running around it though, and VTOL down into it, it looks amazing. Good work :D

Next time read the last two pages.

You must use the highest terrain detail settings in order to have the dip the silo is built to set into. At lower settings the polygon detail of the planet surface is less and cuts through the silo.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to necro this in order to boost public awareness about the awesomeness of this mod.

It's a worthy risk.

Anyways, the 3-d model of the silo can be used in 0.24, but you can't launch anything from it.

I opened the model in Blender and can see the issue where it spawns outside the shaft because the model origin is in the hill but I have no clue how to use Blender sooooo /shrug It doesn't seem like that difficult a fix I just couldn't figure out how and searching for a fix turned up nothing. If someone posts a link to the fix here and doesn't actually fix the issue I am going to be disappointed. Everything needed is free, I just lack any understanding of Blender's interface.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure you did this right?

GameData/Hubs/Plugins/Kerbtown.ddl

GameData/Kerbtown/Parts/Silo

The silo model does not exist. All I could find for kerbtown was a late March update that seems to work for people on .24.2. The plugin does spawn a small rocket in the appropriate place on Kerbin but there's no silo there.

edit:

Okay, I see what you did and it's a terrible way of doing it. This requires the original model and now there's two seemingly identical Launch Silo's in the plugin list. Just merge your changes into the original be done with it. Give props to Themorris and slap a version number on it. At least that way there's a backup if/when the original dropbox link disappears.

Edited by BigD145

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sooo, you won't belive me what I found in one of the last corners of my harddrive...

It's the old sourcefile of my model, that I thought, I lost. Unfortunately I'm away for one and a half years from January on, but I will give the source files to you, so maybe someone can patch it into Kerbinside or so. I'll post them here and in the Kerbinside thread.

greetings,

Themorris

Sourcefiles:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4dexy7ls3ae4kv/Launchsilo%20Sourcefiles.rar?dl=0