[PLUGIN] [0.2x.x] Automatic Centre of Mass Tracking - 0.01

ecat

Ooooo. That certainly looks like the one http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/38069-0-23-Davon-Throttle-Control-systems-mod-%28major-improvement-complete-overhaul%29

Congratulations, you win one Rotatron!

I have it packaged ready to ship. Very fragile so thick and heavy packaging. Shipping will cost $18479.

Edit:

Annnnnnnd, just for good measure, here's a third thrust balancing mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67270-Throttle-Controlled-Avionics-1-1-0-23

In general, if you have several engines around the CoM and some TWR to spare then I think these balancers are good idea. If you have a small number of engines or need to select only a small number of engines or have limited TWR etc, etc, then I think these are the situations where my CoM mod has an advantage.

Edited by ecat

I have another question. Would this work for lift as well as thrust? I have a mid sized cargo plane which is quite long and narrow, and to compensate for a widely fluctuating CoM I have movable wings:

Screenshot394.pngScreenshot393.png

Could I use this mod for adjusting CoL?

Cheers.

Edited by Hammer Tech
Phone to the rescue!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how is the progress going for compatibility for the latest versions of IR v0.18.6a and KSP v0.24.2? I would very much like to add this mod to my list of tools, what sizes are the parts in the mod? I use FAR and Deadly reentry so solid connection between parts are key.

After seeing the OP and what others have posted in response I have had a multitude of ideas and eargerly await the next stable release.

Having looked through the latest IR release a complete rewrite will be required so the question is one of time.

If all you require is Centre of Thrust adjustment I'd recommend taking a look at the thrust balancing mods mentioned here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/47780-PLUGIN-0-2x-x-Automatic-Centre-of-Mass-Tracking-0-01?p=989362&viewfull=1#post989362

Or looking at implementing a variation of the Gimbal adjustment I demonstrate here:

The latter is especially appealing as it is inherently fully integrated with SQUAD code, will scale to any engine size without compromising joint integrity and while it may look a little strange at times is in truth no less realistic than moving a big engine along a little rail.

I'll see what time I have this week and will update if I make any progress :)

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.