New video preview of KSP 0.22

chrischambers

There is always the threat of game breaking updates. That is one of the hazards of playing a game in the middle of development. That said, the devs try very hard no to break game saves and craft files. Often they will hold off, accumulating several fixes/features that will break saves in order to do all at once. The most recent update that broke saves gave the team a chance to add a few things at once that had been waiting in the wings.

Once the game releases in it's final form, this won't be an issue, but for now, I would not get too attached to your saves. When it happens, take it as an opportunity to improve on your designs and missions.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

PS: I don't think 0.22 is expected to break saves.

There is always the threat of game breaking updates. That is one of the hazards of playing a game in the middle of development. That said' date=' the devs try very hard no to break game saves and craft files. Often they will hold off, accumulating several fixes/features that will break saves in order to do all at once. The most recent update that broke saves gave the team a chance to add a few things at once that had been waiting in the wings.

Once the game releases in it's final form, this won't be an issue, but for now, I would not get too attached to your saves. When it happens, take it as an opportunity to improve on your designs and missions.

Cheers!

[b']Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

PS: I don't think 0.22 is expected to break saves.

Good to know.

PS *its final from (as opposed to it's interesting)

I find that huge R&D building quite intimidating. For my performance, I mean. The new KSC hurts my performance so bad I have to run on quarter size textures. Hope this will not be the case.

I feel for you. I'm running on quarter textures and it's still kinda jittery. Still, I'm lookig forward to doing some more science. Any estimates on .22's release date yet?

I find that huge R&D building quite intimidating. For my performance, I mean. The new KSC hurts my performance so bad I have to run on quarter size textures. Hope this will not be the case.

From KSP Weekly, September 3rd:

"Artyom (Bac9): Finished the work on R&D and worked on optimizing some of the buildings."

That might help :)

Even if you still have to play on quarter textures, the massive complex of R&D buildings probably won't change your performance. Hopefully.

Of course, that is assuming "optimizing" doesn't mean something other than increasing performance when nearby.

The R&D building IS AWESOME! And I see that they had to move the Mission Control in order to put the R&D building there. Now KSC feels complete! Or is it? ;)

The new modules would be an awesome addition, too bad now I'll have to de-orbit some of my "Research" stations to make way for new ones.

Am I the only one who's planning to run my kerbals around the R&D centre pretending they're spies infiltrating a massive facility? Or try to drive a rover through all the nooks and crannies?

No cos I am also thinking about doign the same thing, and also to see if I am able to jump from Building to Building

I can't imagine .22 would be so hard on saves..21 hit hard because of the reaction wheels. But.. its too early to tell. Far..far to early..21 Just came out so don't even worry about it.

Wasnt .21 a breaker for the updated surfaces? They did not remove any part (*) just changing their properties, so the crafts shouldnt have been affected by this?

(*) Maybe Squad should remove some redundant (legacy) parts, i.e. put them in another folder. So if someone wants to start over he can delete these parts easily, but they would still be there for those who want to continue a savegame. There are quite a few SAS/ASAS parts of the same size for example.

Once the game releases in it's final form' date=' this won't be an issue, but for now, I would not get too attached to your saves.[/quote']

And if you get, you can keep the old version with every mod easily in side of the new one. Just rename KSP_win -folder so that new installation do not overwrite it. Run KSP.exe in renamed folder and you can always play the previous version.

i understand that the game will brake, but it would be nice to get something up and running and then being able to carry this on for a bit,

saying that I am looking forward to the new sections of the game, which I hope will breath new life into the game, and will allow us to expand and grow our crafts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.