Should I buy KSP?

PvTPorcuping

Hi all.

My computer barely passes the minimum requirements to run KSP. I was curious as to whether or not I should buy it. It looks like a lot of fun, but I'm not sure if it would be an enjoyable experience given the limitations of my PC. Sadly there is very little chance I'll be able to get a new computer in at least 4 years.

My PC Specs:

CPU: AMD A6-3650 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2.60GHz)

RAM: 7.7gb Available

Win 7 OS

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6530D

Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio

Disk Space: Around 500gb

So could I run the game fast enough for it to be enjoyable, or would I just be chugging along? ;L

Edited by PvTPorcuping

Did you play the demo? If you didn't, you should try that and then decide.

My computer specs are comparable to yours, I believe ... and except that I had to lower graphics settings I am pretty happy with how the game performs on it.

Definitely give the demo a go and see but i can tell you KSP is a CPU heavy game and your CPU is faster than mine. Granted i have 4 of them but KSP doesn't use any of the extra cores so basically, I'm running it with a worse spec pc than you. I also have less RAM.

It's absolutely fine on my pc. Naturally I've turned down a few of the graphical settings but it's fine. I get some lag once I get to ships with around 350 parts or so, but that's not a big deal, they're still flyable and I can do what I want with less parts than that anyway.

Get demo, try it, buy it, love it, is my advice.

Let us know if it runs ok, I would like to know. Demo wont even take long to download, heck, the main game doesn't take long. Go give it a whirl and report back why dontcha?

As those before me have said, the demo is a good test run. That said your specs are similar to mine and my computer manages fine. You're not gonna manage these 1000 part monsters some people build, but I've had 350 part ships do fine. The largest thing I ever made was 540 parts, that almost killed my computer, but I still landed it on Bop (using mechjeb).

Your computer should be fine, it won't be the fastest, but it should do alright. Don't worry too much about graphics effecting you performance, you might have to turn a few settings down, but that shouldn't be a problem.

The game is really limited by CPU power. If you can overclock your CPU a bit that would be great, but even without that you shouldn't have too many problems with relatively small crafts.

From the looks of it, your specs are identical to my own, and my CPU runs ksp pretty well, actually. You'll be fine. Obviously you'll have a small amount of lag at some points; in fact from what I've read here, a little bit of lag in high demand "situations" in the game is fairly common. Go for it!

Universe

Hi all.

My computer barely passes the minimum requirements to run KSP. I was curious as to whether or not I should buy it. It looks like a lot of fun, but I'm not sure if it would be an enjoyable experience given the limitations of my PC. Sadly there is very little chance I'll be able to get a new computer in at least 4 years.

My PC Specs:

Win 7 OS

So could I run the game fast enough for it to be enjoyable, or would I just be chugging along? ;L

"Limitations of my PC"?

Are you trolling? You've got a perfectly decent computer.

Hi all.

My PC Specs:

Win 7 OS

6530 is a bit weak for games,

but ksp doesnt need a very strong display anyways, you will be fine

Hi all.

My PC Specs:

Win 7 OS

Hell, my machine is barely a 3rd of that, way under recommended specs, and the game is playable, enjoyable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.