[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

I'm having an issue where the chutes aren't really deploying at all. And YES I have realchutes and it works.

What I'm seeing is that the drogues deploy and disappear and the main's never deploy. I'm re-installing both SDHI and Realchutes right now to see if there's a borked file someplace and will edit this post to let you know

EDIT: If you have this issue then you may not have the latest version of RealChutes installed. I went back and noticed that I had copied an older version of RealChutes instead of the newer one.

2 kerbals paid for this with their lives. ;)

Edited by rottielover

Hmm. updated real chutes but still getting kerbal pancakes.

Well, flip them before they burn. Grease the pan so that they don't stick.

Oh, you want to stop them from being made. Ok serious face on. What other mods do you have? Do you have RSS? If so, is it latest version?

Apropos Kerbal Pancakes: For me, the parachutes simply don't deploy. Even on a drop test from >8000 meters, when I click deploy or trigger the appropriate action group, NOTHING HAPPENS.

Does anybody have an idea what went wrong?

Possibly relevant mods I've got: this and RealChutes of course, FAR, DeadlyReentry...I have a lot more, but they shouldn't do anything with that parachute/docking port part.

Apropos Kerbal Pancakes: For me, the parachutes simply don't deploy. Even on a drop test from >8000 meters, when I click deploy or trigger the appropriate action group, NOTHING HAPPENS.

Does anybody have an idea what went wrong?

Possibly relevant mods I've got: this and RealChutes of course, FAR, DeadlyReentry...I have a lot more, but they shouldn't do anything with that parachute/docking port part.

I have the same problem - the chutes will only activate by staging them.

Guys, if the issue is with the parachutes, please bring this on in my thread. sumghai is simply using the plugin, any problem with them is on my side. If you want to make a bug report or point out an issue, better have as much info about them. Aka what you are doing, how you are deploying them, if you had tried to deploy them before, etc.

V1.5 released - see first post for download link

1.5          8 December 2013
---------------------------

Changes / Fixes:
- Compatibility upgrade to take advantage of new features in RealChute v0.3
- Parachute drag is now dependent on effective canopy area rather than stock drag
- Command Pod assembly will now hang under parachute anchor realistically without the need for the CoMOffset hack, and as such the latter has been removed

• 2 weeks later...

Yup! That's the plan. Someone already did a basic pass through the station parts, using roughly ISS module stats (i.e. 4m width, ~10 tons). I've been meaning to ask about (and then do) a SDHI rescale since RO rescales the Mk1-2 pod, but haven't gotten to it yet.

It seems that for the most part, this pack (as well as RealChutes 0.3.1) works in KSP 0.23.0, so I've labelled it as such.

It does work, but I'm updating in a few minutes :) The only thing that would be to change is the use of EFFECTS nodes, but apart from that it's mostly some bugfixing update

I'm seeing a minor bug in 1.5 -- the parachute sounds are not playing. The parachutes deploy correctly, just without any sound. I do have the latest Real Chutes mod installed.

That's because the new version uses EFFECTS nodes to play the sounds. I could create a rapid ModuleManager file to fix this and not require sumghai to push yet another update for the sounds.

EDIT:

There guys: http://www./view/eqc28qgz1d2bet7/SDHI_Parachutes_Effects.cfg

Just drop this in your GameData folder somewhere and the parachutes should work just fine, you can also delete the folders with all those sounds files for both parachutes, they aren't needed anymore, just make sure you have the sound folder in the RealChute directory.

Edited by stupid_chris

That's because the new version uses EFFECTS nodes to play the sounds. I could create a rapid ModuleManager file to fix this and not require sumghai to push yet another update for the sounds.

EDIT:

Just drop this in your GameData folder somewhere and the parachutes should work just fine, you can also delete the folders with all those sounds files for both parachutes, they aren't needed anymore, just make sure you have the sound folder in the RealChute directory.

Thanks a bunch, Chris - I'll push an official patch tomorrow.

EDIT:

Ah! Thanks chris.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.