[0.24.2] Achievements 1.6.3 - Earn 136 achievements while playing

blizzy78

Achievements Plugin 1.4.7 is now available for download. This release fixes a bug that could prevent the Achievements Plugin from loading correctly.

Update note: When updating the plugin, make sure to keep the achievements.dat file in the plugin's folder. If you delete it, all your earned achievements are lost.

Achievements Plugin 1.5.0 is now available for download.

Update note: Starting with this release, earned achievements are now saved on a per-save basis rather than globally. They are converted automatically when you open a save file.

Please open all your save files at least once to convert saved achievements. When done, you can safely delete the achievements.dat file in the plugin's folder.

Update note: Starting with this release, earned achievements are now saved on a per-save basis rather than globally. They are converted automatically when you open a save file.

Please open all your save files at least once to convert saved achievements. When done, you can safely delete the achievements.dat file in the plugin's folder.

Cool, downloading.

Well, I didn't think I'd see an achievement before a little while but I was dead wrong. To test out some other mod, I put a cockpit attached to a mechanic arm to hold it in place onto the launch pad. I let the pod drop and received 4 achievements for this. Kerbin should not be considered as a celestial body and have it's own achievements as for the mun and minmus. It's a shame to see those achievements go to waste on a random ground test on kerbin...

Otherwise, it seems like a nice mod and it's effort should be combined with the ribbons like the ones under, to keep track of this for you and add more precise achievements that can be easily visualized.

Does it give achievements for the exploration of biomes? That would be nice as well. Give an identity to the Kerbals as well in their achievements, and the vessel type (probe, satellite, ship, lander, ...) could give different achievements. Don't be affraid to make to many achievements. The more, and the more precise they are, the better and they can be used to recognize people on the forums. And that way you are sure to get one each time you land on a different planet, they shouldn't be treated only as celestial bodies...

Last thing, I'll stop bothering you after this ;) Achievements are only taken into consideration if you don't revert flight, and i understand the idea to have achievements for the missions that really toke place rather than the tests and practice runs, but it does represent what the player tries and saw fail. Having two different sets of achievements to have these failers would be a nice idea. And how about having a little note under each achievement specifying ship type, crew, location and biome, ... if you do not wish to have precise achievements for everything.

where does the new save file go to? I'm trying to reset my achievements since it copied into a new game before I realized I needed to delete the .dat file.

where does the new save file go to? I'm trying to reset my achievements since it copied into a new game before I realized I needed to delete the .dat file.

They are saved directly in your save file. To reset all achievements, you can simply clear the "achievements" block:

SCENARIO
{
name = EarnedAchievements
scene = 6, 7, 5, 9, 8
achievements
{
... delete all lines here ...
}
}

Couple of ideas for new achievements:

Around the world: complete a round trip around Kerbin, using a jet powered aircraft.

Same stuff, but for Laythe.

Pole dancer: Land on both poles of Kerbin, using jet powered aircraft.

UKSS - Build a space station in LKO, using more then 5/10/20/50/100 docked modules.

Master of aerobreaking - Aerobreak into orbit from velocities higher then 5km/s, 8km/s, 10km/s.

Ramming speed! - Collide 2 ships in space, destroying both and killing all the crew in process.

Mun walk - land on both Mun and Minmus in one launch.

Rock collection - Obtain surface samples from all planets and bring them back to Kerbin (transmitting science doesn't count).

'Eavy Metal - Launch a ship that weights more then 5/10/25/50 ton.

Hey,

I was wondering if you would be interested in expanding this idea and eventually working with Unistrut and his ribbons ([WEB APP] Ribbon Generator [1.1.0]) like the one in my signature. You would just have to attribute each of your achievements to the logos he creates for them. Some new acheivments would have to be made for precis planets, biomes, g's, altitude, temperature, time of flight, orbital info, planets ... with the in-flight info. You could follow the progress with this graphical representation of your acheivments displayed in game, and have it displayed on the forum as well.

Hope this interests you :)

To make this work, you would of course need to create different achievements based on the type of craft landing on the different planets. The type of ship can be chosen ingame and is found after the name of the vessel in the persistent.sfs file as well as the ProgressTracking of the vanilla game on which you should expand.

Unistrut might be interested in this. I'm simply trying to put your efforts in common to make something great. Hope it's well received :)