[1.2] VOID 1.1.0-beta - Vessel Orbital Informational Display

toadicus

Obligatory note of praise: In over 1500 hours of play, this is one of my core mods that I always install.

Anyway, I was wondering if there's any way the biome readout could be linked to ScanSat so that it only appears after a body has been scanned? 

Glad you're enjoying the mod, @tbridges!  I'll look in to the ScanSat integration after I get the 1.1 pre-releases out. :)

On that topic; I have a working version of VOID for KSP 1.1 internally... but Squad decided to start the pre-release JUST as I am leaving on holiday.  I'll try to get the builds available ASAP, but it might be a day or two!

On 30-3-2016 at 5:02 AM, toadicus said:

Glad you're enjoying the mod, @tbridges!  I'll look in to the ScanSat integration after I get the 1.1 pre-releases out. :)

On that topic; I have a working version of VOID for KSP 1.1 internally... but Squad decided to start the pre-release JUST as I am leaving on holiday.  I'll try to get the builds available ASAP, but it might be a day or two!

That's great! I'm really looking forward! VOID is always the first mod I install. The rad/s readout is incredibly important to me and AFAIK your mod is the only one with it.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Where do I find the rad/s measurement? I'm trying to find it to help with a bug report, but not having used V.O.I.D. before, I have no clue. I don't see it in the screenshot on the OP either.

Left of the navball, it's called Ang Vel: xxxrad/s

On 4/12/2016 at 8:39 PM, Azimech said:

Toadicus, I'd like to point to a stock craft to show a dramatic fps hit when focused on the main vessel, the second being the shaft of the turbine running with normal fps. KSP 1.1 build 1196.

https://kerbalx.com/Azimech/TR6-18-v1

I've not had time to look at your roll rate KER issue yet but do you see the same sort of fps hit when using KER (with the vessel pane in particular)?  If so then it would point the finger at the KER simulation code and, if not, then I guess it would point at something specific to VOID.

@toadicus, do you have any readouts that recalculate on every frame (Update or FixedUpdate) but need to scan the whole vessel to do it?  Something like drag or a whole vessel heat average...?

28 minutes ago, Padishar said:

I've not had time to look at your roll rate KER issue yet but do you see the same sort of fps hit when using KER (with the vessel pane in particular)?  If so then it would point the finger at the KER simulation code and, if not, then I guess it would point at something specific to VOID.

@toadicus, do you have any readouts that recalculate on every frame (Update or FixedUpdate) but need to scan the whole vessel to do it?  Something like drag or a whole vessel heat average...?

In my vague memory there is a correlation but I'll test it again. Both running seem to give an even larger fps hit. In the past (0.90) I could get better result by decreasing update refresh. With 1.0.x this advantage seems diminished.

@Padishar I have two things that check through most of the ship (both looking at engines for stuff), one does intake air status and one does thrust offset (basically measures by how much your thrust vector "misses" the COM).  They're separate loops, and one is old and uses a Linq query first so it can definitely be optimized a bit, but neither of these are doing anything new.

VOID has been updated to version 0.19!  This version brings compatibility with KSP 1.1 and very little else.

I hope to get back to work on the scripted panels soon!

CHANGELOG:

v.0.19 [2016-04-20]
* KSP 1.1 Compatibility
* Minor optimizations in thrust offset and intake air calcs.

On 2016-04-21 at 0:15 AM, toadicus said:

VOID has been updated to version 0.19!  This version brings compatibility with KSP 1.1 and very little else.

Just a quick bug report - it doesn't seem to honor F2 anymore.  The provisional KAC release has the same issue so it might be something Squad changed on their end..?

Thanks for the update though.  Not being able to see my radar alt and ap/pe etc all in a neat HUD is sorely missed when I play pure stock.  :)

4 hours ago, toadicus said:

Thanks @Renegrade, I'll look in to that.  I have never done anything with F2 handling at all before, so it's pretty certainly a change on Squad's end that I'll have to adapt to.

Cool, thank you :)

NB: I checked prior versions of VOID, they did respond correctly (so it's not our collective imagining or something :wink: )

7 minutes ago, Renegrade said:

Cool, thank you :)

NB: I checked prior versions of VOID, they did respond correctly (so it's not our collective imagining or something :wink: )

Mod windows not reacting to F2 came up in the KAC topic.  @Fishbreath mentioned KSP <1.1 had a draw hook that mods used to respect the F2 toggle and that it may be the problem.

VOID has been updated to version 0.19.1!  This update brings proper F2 support and has been recompiled for KSP 1.1.2.

CHANGELOG:

v.0.19.1 [2016-04-30]
* Recompiled for KSP 1.1.2
* Optimized certain data values that required looping through the entire ship to share the same loop.
* Added compatibility for the new onShow/onHide UI events to properly hide VOID when F2 is pressed.

Edited by toadicus