[1.1.2] Station Science (v2.0: New models by SpeedyB)

ethernet

Creature Comforts....

Got a station in orbit with Zoology bay and Mobile Processing Lab (both fully manned & with Kibbals), I have docked a a ship with Creature Comforts to it.

The Creature comforts Lab has started building up Bioproducts but no Eurekas.

Does it need to fill up with Bioproducts before it starts generating Eurekas? or is something wrong?

Question, will this mod work correctly with Community Tech Tree?

All parts are on the stock tech tree, so no problem there. However in my opinion they are a bit early, so I generally moved them further back for SETI.

Hey all,

Just wanted to say, if you enjoy Station Science but are looking to spice it up a little, i just merged some of the pieces of Tantares (Soviet-alike pack) with Station Science, as well as TAC Life support to give a more interesting "station" feel.

Head over to THIS LINK if you want to get your hands on it and give it a try.

Hi I just started using this mod the other day and finally decided to put together a space station using the science components from the mod. I have a question and if anyone can help I would highly appreciate it. Does this mod only work for career mode? I don't seem to have any of the experiment pods available.

Hi I have been using this mod for a while and thought it would be a good idea if you could add some sort of way to generate or grow kibbal, perhaps with some sort of greenhouse part. While supplying kibbal is not a problem for stations in kerbin, mun, or minmus orbit it can be a lot more difficult for stations or bases on other planets. Also in order to make the cyclotron a bit easier to launch you could add some sort of resource so you could launch it 10 tonnes empty, but then fill it up with "machinery" to make it functional, like the OKS/MKS parts. Apart from those points it is an excellent mod.

Someone help me please! I have installed this mod. And this mod makes my game crash everytime when there is a transittion (Go to lauch, exit VAB, Back to space center from space station...) :(

Please, provide your output_log.txt, so we can help you.

Someone help me please! I have installed this mod. And this mod makes my game crash everytime when there is a transittion (Go to lauch, exit VAB, Back to space center from space station...) :(

Crashes on scene transitions are often a sign of lack of memory. This mod might have pushed you beyond the boundary your system can handle.

If you haven't installed Active Texture Management yet you might want to consider it.

The amount of RAM you've got installed is totally irrelevant. KSP is 32bit and can NEVER use more than roughly 3.8GB no matter how much you have. If the game process tries to use more it will crash!

The amount of RAM you've got installed is totally irrelevant. KSP is 32bit and can NEVER use more than roughly 3.8GB no matter how much you have. If the game process tries to use more it will crash!

But I think I'm running 64 bit version now S1WLfFc.png

- - - Updated - - -

And this is the fille out put log. Can you check for me please

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9isP5ydKLoHVkFBOWVieUxCVTg&authuser=0

True. It indeed looks like you're running 64bit. 64bit can use a lot more memory. But have you read the warning? 64bit is known to be very unstable. It may not be Station Science that's causes your crash but KSP instead.

True. It indeed looks like you're running 64bit. 64bit can use a lot more memory. But have you read the warning? 64bit is known to be very unstable. It may not be Station Science that's causes your crash but KSP instead.

Ok, I will try 32 bit version right now. So I just have to untick that line, right?

• 2 weeks later...

I run mostly stock KSP and had done most of what one could at this point, so I was excited to dip my feet in and try something else. This mod had a lot of downloads so I decided to give it a whirl. Having unlocked the whole tree already the contracts started showing up instantly. While I like the "scale" this mod forces on you and the rewards the contracts offer, the experiment descriptions (and preferably the contracts) REALLY need a little more requisite information in them because it's VERY easy to put together a station/mission, get there, and not have everything you need. I think the description text for the parts you crafted are definitely in the spirit of KSP, but it's just not specific enough to prevent easy mistakes that can have huge ramifications when you consider the scale of the contracts related to it.

I'm back! Exam week is almost done so I've had some time to work on the new models again!

Got the science cans done, they come in 5 colours (that's all i could fit on one texture) red, green, blue, yellow and purple. They also have convenient spots to put KAS pipe ends to attach them to stations.

FdRCLex.jpg

Next up I'll do the Cyclotron. It might take a while.

The reply to http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112774-CurrencyConverter-spam-in-debug-log seems to suggest an issue with Station Science is to blame for the issue described there, but I fear my understanding of the source doesn't permit me to verify that.

Quoting self, but you (the author) have been gone for a while - wondering if you saw this?

Damn, Speedy! This looks completely awesome! I can't wait to try'em myself! :)

Thank you so much for your work. :)

Thanks!

Only 4 more parts to go. The Kibble cans should be quick to do. The Spectrometron will take a little while. The Cyclotron will be next, it will take the longest due to its size and complexity.

Quoting self, but you (the author) have been gone for a while - wondering if you saw this?

Yeah, thanks, I'll be fixing that for the release for 1.0. It'll probably be at least a week. Squad picked just about the worst possible time to release in regards to what else I've got going on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.