Go To Mun, EVA with kerbal. Then press Spacebar when outside ship.

Moonfrog

I can tell you with 100% certainty that it has always been possible for you to physically press your spacebar while having a kerbal out on EVA.

The question remains, however, what exactly happens when you press spacebar? If we don't know that, we can't answer your question.

I thought pressing spacebar simply means letting go, so you can hop around on the surface.. or press R for jetpack and fly around.

Also, wrong section.

No not new. You should try it on a low grav body like Minmus. Feels like he's going to return to orbit.

In fact I believe the EVA report has a comment about a Kerbal's jumping ability while on Minimus. I won't say it here, but I'm sure you could look it up or better yet, perform your own Minimus mission.

Gilly has such low gravity that whenever I do develop a lander for it it will probably just be powered by RCS.

Wish I'd though of this. I used the same lander I did for Duna and it to took me about half an hour to nail a landing, then a further 20 minutes to get the thing to sit stable on the ground. In the last 1000 metres or so I got so bored of waiting whilst moving at about 4m/s that I decided to EVA and go get the surface sample and plant a flag while I waited. When I got back it had hardly moved more than a couple hundred metres

Wish I'd though of this. I used the same lander I did for Duna and it to took me about half an hour to nail a landing, then a further 20 minutes to get the thing to sit stable on the ground. In the last 1000 metres or so I got so bored of waiting whilst moving at about 4m/s that I decided to EVA and go get the surface sample and plant a flag while I waited. When I got back it had hardly moved more than a couple hundred metres

You increase downward speed to land on Gilly get an downward speed of 20m/s and its no issue. Just do an normal braking and float down the last meters.

More fun you can do eva reports from space close to the surface on Mun by jumping.

You increase downward speed to land on Gilly get an downward speed of 20m/s and its no issue. Just do an normal braking and float down the last meters.

More fun you can do eva reports from space close to the surface on Mun by jumping.

That you can do already when standing on the rocket^^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.