[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Folders have been tranfered into Game Data folder and I launch KSP version 1.0.4, however, it takes so long to load, I predict about 6 hours! Is it a problem or a result of the first installment and after re-launching, will it load fast?

Folders have been tranfered into Game Data folder and I launch KSP version 1.0.4, however, it takes so long to load, I predict about 6 hours! Is it a problem or a result of the first installment and after re-launching, will it load fast?

No, sounds more like a bug/incompatability/error. Loading times don't usually vary (outside Active Texture Management). You already tried a new vanilla installation with RSS only?

I think that my KSP installation is behaving

weird with Realism Overhaul + RSS CKAN installation

Here is KSP with RO only:

http://i.imgur.com/cQH6Ye8.png

http://i.imgur.com/elruPSy.png

with mod list:

KSP: 1.0.4 (Unix) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Linux 3.19 Ubuntu 15.04 64bit

Filter Extensions - 2.3.1

B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40

Community Resource Pack - 0.4.3

Connected Living Space - 1.1.3.1

DMagic Orbital Science - 1.0.7

Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.4

Firespitter - 7.1.4

Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.15

Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.3

Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.4

ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.1

Procedural Parts - 1.1.7

Saturatable RW - 1.10.1

RealChute - 1.3.2.3

RealismOverhaul - 10.1

RemoteTech - 1.6.7

SCANsat - 1.1.4

SolverEngines - 1.6

TAC Life Support - 0.11.1.20

Universal Storage - 1.1.0.6

VenStockRevamp - 1.8

and with RSS:

http://i.imgur.com/F6MRVB6.png

http://i.imgur.com/2AbZpyb.png

with mod list:

KSP: 1.0.4 (Unix) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Linux 3.19 Ubuntu 15.04 64bit

Filter Extensions - 2.3.1

B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40

Community Resource Pack - 0.4.3

Connected Living Space - 1.1.3.1

DMagic Orbital Science - 1.0.7

Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.4

Firespitter - 7.1.4

Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.15

Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.3

Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.4

ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.1

Procedural Parts - 1.1.7

Saturatable RW - 1.10.1

RealChute - 1.3.2.3

RealSolarSystem - 10.1

RealismOverhaul - 10.1

RemoteTech - 1.6.7

SCANsat - 1.1.4

SolverEngines - 1.6

TAC Life Support - 0.11.1.20

Universal Storage - 1.1.0.6

VenStockRevamp - 1.8

and here is KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Z3SPhPdVFNbnJVX2RIWTE1S1U/view?usp=sharing

with Kerbin.Body.log: http://pastebin.com/i8xtcTR1

My error is exactly the same and I have no idea how to fix it! hopefully someone does

Aghanim: Do you have a folder RSS-Textures in your GameData? If not, that's your problem. If so, try making a clean KSP install with just RSS and Kopernicus and RSS-Textures and verify that works.

Aluminum Oxide: Please make a clean install of just RSS and Kopernicus and RSS-Textures. That means after installation the only folder that has new content is GameData, and GameData should have three new folders (Kopernicus, RealSolarSystem, and RSS-Textures) and one new dll, ModuleManager.2.6.6.dll

NathanKell, I have exactly the same problems on Linux. Textures are in the right place, and after installing RO via CKAN or manually game starts with stock system and Kerbin is named Earth. Clean install helps only for first launch. Few pages before I've posted my player.log, there are some strange strings.

The Pluto textures are custom textures made by dimonnomid, nothing in RSS has used stock KSP planet textures since, like v7 or so.

And yes, we'll certainly update our Pluto textures as soon as we can. :)

Hello Nathan! Haven't seen you for ages)) I'd like to join team pluto and charon retexture... And i still have almost completed venus texture. Best in the world 8k venus texture. Seriusly =)

When are altitude meshes coming in to play? I started flying over the US and of course Florida is flat, but so is everything else.

You should go into orbit not flying around, also that makes it perfect if you're too short for a shuttle-like landing :D

Aghanim: You need to install the latest Kopernicus version (0.2.3) or delete the settings.cfg file. It was a known bug in 0.2.2 related to PQSCache changes, but I fixed it with 0.2.3. ;) Dunno if this will fix the problems of Brausser123 and Einkleinermensch, but for you, it should definitly work.

Cheers!

It works! +rep to you! Now why does CKAN still give us that bugged version then? Maybe this is the time we need to complain to them...

NathanKell, trying the clean install was the first thing what i have done :)

But that was a trouble with Kopernicus. Many thanks for Thomas P., now RSS loads correctly on clean install. Just for interest I've delete the Kopernicus 0.23 and installed 0.22 again and got this problem again:

EOXkwAT.png

Thank you, guys for you work for us!

Edited by Einkleinermensch

Is KSC supposed to be on an Island?

If you meant like KSC island with black thingy like this:

F6MRVB6.png

then it is a bug in CKAN version of Kopernicus as discussed in previous page, and to solve that you can either manually upgrade it to 0.2.3 or delete setting.cfg from KSP root folder

My Mod is broken, it spawned me under KSC in the middle of the ocean. when i rotated up and used a capsule, i was in the South American Continent on Map view, but in the middle of the ocean, and all the other centers including mine were red circles and could not select to see if it was just that one center.

Help me please, i love this mod. (when it works obv.)

EDIT: i manually installed it, now it sorta works, but now there isnt any base icons.

Edited by Alpha_Gametauri
Partial fix

Encountered a game breaking bug when trying to add new bodies in RSS. The planets seems to go out of their orbits.

EDIT : SOLVED. It was a Target Body Name conflict in RSSKopernicus.cfg

9wH5yhH.png

Edited by pozine

Einkleinermensch: Yes! :) Go to the repo page on github, drill in to find the file, click the edit button (if you're not logged in, create a github account and log in first). Then when done editing type in a commit message at the bottom and click the button to start creating a pull request. Finish creating the PR and I'll review and merge it! :)

Alpha_Gametauri: That sounds like installation troubles.

Please do the following:

1. Create a totally clean install of KSP.

2. Follow the installation instructions in the OP exactly, including redownloading everything, which means you'll have Kopernicus, RealSolarSystem, and RSS-Textures folders in KSP/GameData (and a ModuleManager.2.6.6.dll file in GameData).

3. Start KSP.

4. If it still fails, post the output_log.txt (or player.log if on Mac/linux).

YoungGun: Yep, known issue. Textures will be a bit stretched. Best solution is RVE.

pozine: I'd tell you to post in the Kopernicus thread, but I guess you already did and it's solved? :)

Located on Merritt Island, Florida, the center is north-northwest of Cape Canaveral on the Atlantic Ocean.

OK, Merritt Island is a peninsula now, but only because NASA built a causeway. Considering the detail level in RSS, what you see is basically right.