[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Seeems not working... my code is

@PART[KW1mengineMaverick1D]
{
@description = boom

!MODEL,1[*] {}
}

It did changed the description, but the shroud model still there. the part.cfg has the following.

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Engines/1mMaverick1D/KW_1mEngine_Maverick1D_M
scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
}
scale = 0.1

MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWDecouplerShroud/KW_Auto_1mMavShroud
scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
}

Try !MODEL,1{}

So would I have to write in each call for parts under 1Tn?

Unfortunately yes, unless you can isolate some common factor in as many of your desired parts as possible that CAN be matched on conditionally.

If wildcards work for properties like they do for nodes then you could do something like #mass = 0.1* (which would effectively be everything under 200kg)

But last time I checked we didn't have that kind of matching for anything other than nodes like MODULE{} or PART{}

Sarbian is that possible yet or did that get tabled?

does it grab at all? or is it grabbing everything ?

The code he posted will not work at all because it doesn't support the kind of conditions he's trying to use, at all.

I'll have to check how KSP parse < and > and see if I can do it without making the code even less readable.

That would be sweet. I actually came here to ask how to do just this sort of thing.

Does the MASS = 0.* thing work, to select all things that have a mass of 0.####? Then you could select everything with a mass less than 1 ton.

Can someone help me by either telling me what code to put in or a way to find how to fix when the Kethane mod and MM crash. It only crashes with the MM mod and when I have B9 too, but this should work because Scott Manley and Enter Elysium both have these mods on at the same time. The crash report says "Failed to load assembly C:\Users\vaultboy2121\Desktop\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\MMI_Kethane.dll:

System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.

at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImageFrom (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.IO.Stream stream, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It bothers me know there is a fix and I can't find it. I have looked at this page many time to see if it would help but it hasn't.

Thank you to any who respond.

That "error" happens for me in every game and it doesn't cause any crash, with MM or B9. It's there for a reason so I'm not sure deleting it is a good idea either? Unless it's reason for existence is just Majiir wanting to overwrite previous versions.

That "error" happens for me in every game and it doesn't cause any crash, with MM or B9. It's there for a reason so I'm not sure deleting it is a good idea either? Unless it's reason for existence is just Majiir wanting to overwrite previous versions.

It is exactly that reason - several versions ago, the DLL was renamed. The only way to stop people who don't read the installation instructions from having two conflicting DLL versions installed (i.e. most of us if we are honest) is to replace the old-named one with a non-file, in this case a .dll with zero length. The "error" quoted is totally harmless and can be completely ignored. The simple fix for it is to delete the offending file.

It is exactly that reason - several versions ago, the DLL was renamed. The only way to stop people who don't read the installation instructions from having two conflicting DLL versions installed (i.e. most of us if we are honest) is to replace the old-named one with a non-file, in this case a .dll with zero length. The "error" quoted is totally harmless and can be completely ignored. The simple fix for it is to delete the offending file.

Ah. Not ideal but if it works it works. However, I still don't think it can cause a crash.

Great idea this config file :)

The way MM is coded now I don't want to add too much complexity to the syntax. It does not use a proper grammar and stuff can break fast (and even faster when I am the coder :wink: )

Faced the same problem yesterday while making a universal MM config patch for multiple parts from a single package. Had to stick to unified parts naming & using wildcards.

Still, MM is a Holy Grail for me at the moment.