[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

I literally have no words. :confused:

I guess that's a case of "can't see the forest for all the trees", as they say.

And yes, it works flawlessly now. Thanks! I could have stared at this for days and not seen it >_<

For some reason module manager has started to semi-consistently freeze at FINAL on the loading screen, with this in player.log:

I don't understand this as it only happens every 2 out of 3 tries, seems to have something to do with the cache, and I am running KSP on x64 Linux. Even if I were running it on 32 bit, it still never gets above 3 gigs allocated!

I tried deleting most of my mods, which brought the number of loaded patches down from ~5000 to ~3000, but it doesn't seem to have had any effect. I am running MM 2.5.3, and I checked to make sure I only had one MM dll.

Are you using the Asteroid Recycling mod by chance? I was having the same exact issue as you were (OutOfMemory exception on 64-bit Linux with KSP.x86_64, with latest ModuleManager) until I noticed a malformed config in ART (requesting ElectricCharge as a propellant rather than a resource) that caused crashes even after MM managing to successfully load after a couple tries; removing that stopped the MM choking on my end.

I barely have internet now. But I'm having a little issue here. Some of the KOSMOS parts just won't have their patches applied. I've quadruple checked the names and everything. There's nothing in the logs about them except for some RealismOverhaul patches that change the title.

I've tried separating them into differsnt files. I've tried doing them without ":FOR[RealismOverhaul]" and after that with ":FINAL". Nothing works. I've gone through the configs to check for discrepancies and differences between them and the parts that do work and found nothing.

Any ideas of why these specific parts(lockdown decouplers and the retro unit from KOSMOS) aren't being modified?

I barely have internet now. But I'm having a little issue here. Some of the KOSMOS parts just won't have their patches applied. I've quadruple checked the names and everything. There's nothing in the logs about them except for some RealismOverhaul patches that change the title.

I've tried separating them into differsnt files. I've tried doing them without ":FOR[RealismOverhaul]" and after that with ":FINAL". Nothing works. I've gone through the configs to check for discrepancies and differences between them and the parts that do work and found nothing.

Any ideas of why these specific parts(lockdown decouplers and the retro unit from KOSMOS) aren't being modified?

Not without seeing the configs in question

I've noticed that with MM installed, I frequently freeze on ModuleManger: FINAL on the loading screen.

This is my GameData folder:

000_Toolbar

ActiveTextureManagement

Alternate Planet Color Configs

B9_Aerospace

BoulderCo

Chatterer

CrossFeedEnabler

DefaultThrottle

DistantObject

DMagic Orbital Science

EditorExtensions

Engineer

EnviornmentalVisualEnhancements

FerramAerospaceResearch

Firespitter

FlagsESA

JSl

Kerbaltek

KineTechAnimation

Klockheed_Martian

KWRocketry

Mega Decoupler

MP_Nazari

NASAMission

NavyFish

NearFutureProps

NearFuturePropulsion

ProceduralFairings

ProceduralParts

RemoteTech

ResGen

SCANsat

ShipManifest

SmokeScreen

Squad

StationPartsExpansion

StationScience

TextureReplacer

ToadicusTools

TriggerTools

TweakableEverything

Virgin Kalactic

ModuleManager.2.5.3

ModuleManager.configcache

ModuleManager.configSHA

toolbar-settings.dat

I got this error after updating to modulemanger 2.5.3, but even if I revert, the error remains.

I've tried removing the folder one by one to find the cause, but it seems that once this error occurs, it'll stay. I've even tried a clean install, but the issue remains.

Sarbian, I just ran in to this exception when starting up KSP in Linux x64 for the first time in 0.90. How can I help?

GameDatabase: Assets loaded in 1792.737s

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[ModuleManager] SHA generated in 0.025s

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[ModuleManager] SHA = 76-A6-39-FD-EF-72-8B-F9-9C-C6-00-B0-03-0B-30-26-F9-26-6F-D1-B0-21-B9-21-F8-11-F1-08-D8-F0-AE-15

ArgumentException: Culture name ' is not supported.
Parameter name: name
at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor (System.String name, Boolean useUserOverride, Boolean read_only) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateCulture (System.String name, Boolean reference) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:FillName (System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Reflection.AssemblyName)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.UnprotectedGetName () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetName (Boolean copiedName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetName () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.<PrePatchInit>m__0 (.LoadedAssembly a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly,System.Reflection.AssemblyName].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Reflection.AssemblyName].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Reflection.AssemblyName]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[AssemblyName] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.PrePatchInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

Edit: For the record, on load 2 this did not happen again.

Is there an easy way to detect only stock parts? I tried @PART:NEEDS[squad] and @PART[*]:FOR[squad] but that seems to apply to everything, including mod parts? I can specify each stock part by name if needed but I was hoping to have a quick and easy solution.

Toadicus : Did you set LC_ALL=C before launching KSP ?

Just checked my startup script and it looks like "no", though I've never had any troubles with ModuleManager or any other locale-type issues in the past, ever. I think "en_US.utf8" generally jives with "C" for most things? I'll set it anyways, who knows.

I had been changing a bunch of stuff underneath KSP while I waited for ATM to cache my textures... I'm going to blame that for now and will report back if it happens again.

Is there an easy way to detect only stock parts? I tried @PART:NEEDS[squad] and @PART[*]:FOR[squad] but that seems to apply to everything, including mod parts? I can specify each stock part by name if needed but I was hoping to have a quick and easy solution.

:NEEDS[squad] means "run this patch if 'Squad'" is present", and :FOR[squad] means "This patch is part of the 'Squad' distribution and should run between :BEFORE[squad] and :AFTER[squad]". Neither one limits what parts the patch applies to.

I found where Paul Kingtiger requested the same feature of selecting on folder name in September ( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219?p=1444521&viewfull=1#post1444521 ). Never got a response, probably because he asked right before KSP 0.25 dropped. For now, all I can think of is look for some feature that the stock parts have in common inside their config files.

Ah thanks for the clarification. Reason I'm asking is I want to remove all the stock manufacturers and change it to just "Squad" so that manufacturer means "who made this mod/part" instead of the way it is now. I find all the different stock companies clutter that tab up for no real reason and I'd like to fix it.

Greetings Sarbian,

quick question, is it possible for modulemanager to interact with the Agents.cfg file for the Squad\Agencies?

I want to add an agency but all I see is people doing parts mods. I would not like to have to edit the agents.cfg file manually if I don't have to :)

@ Borisbee : right it was pretty unclear, but it's the mmconfig instructions I've found the more instructive since they are covering some latest functionnalityat the same time as using old ones...

For what your looking to do, a pretty easy way to do it would be to ask notepad+ to ''search in a folder'', choose Squad, look for ''manufacturer ='' and then use that list to make a mm config to replace these manufacturer by Squad....

It would work although I don't know if modders are releasing parts that are using the same manufacturer names as Squad, then it would be problematic . If it's the case, you could try to search for ''author ='' instead and hopefully modders wouldn't use the same names as Squad.

I never really tried the or function, I saw it used like that : @PART[partone|parttwo]

So maybe it would work like that too, but I didn't try : @PART[*]:HAS[author[C.jenkins|GinoOjick]]