I'm out of games to play.

Pigbear

I am looking for some free games that are fun to play. So far I haven't had much success. Heres a list of games that I don't want to play.

• Star-Made
  • Flash Games
  • Half-Life mods
  • Moonbase Alpha

So if anyone would be helpful enough to come up with some fun games that are free I would be happy. I can't think of anything to do right now :P

I presume no Half-Life mods means no G-Mod? But if you do, be wary of the community and multiplayer, 50% are mature and reasonable gamers who make some fantastic creations and 50% are whiney 11-yearolds (not that there is anything wrong with 11 year old's playing games). I suppose Arma 2 is involving, I'm not really into shooters but love Arma 2, just for the Editor. For a quick First Person Puzzle I would recommend Antichamber.

I presume no Half-Life mods means no G-Mod? But if you do, be wary of the community and multiplayer, 50% are mature and reasonable gamers who make some fantastic creations and 50% are whiney 11-yearolds (not that there is anything wrong with 11 year old's playing games). I suppose Arma 2 is involving, I'm not really into shooters but love Arma 2, just for the Editor. For a quick First Person Puzzle I would recommend Antichamber.

I said free

The best 2 free games I play lots are Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2.

Both on steam, both have thousands of hours of fun just lying around waiting to be picked up.

I strongly recommend reading a bit about Dota before playing with real people. Much more complicated than KSP.

A few I've enjoyed in the past:

• The Ur-Quan Masters: A free version of the old classic Star Control II.
  • Oolite: Another remake of a classic video games, this time of Elite, the granddaddy of all space sims. Also highly moddable.

Wow! I had no idea that anything of Elite was still out there. I used to lose hours playing Elite. Wireframe graphics at it's finest on a Commodore 64. :)

Have you looked into War Thunder. It's a free to play online dogfighting game with 3 levels of realism from totally not realistic arcade to limited to cockpit and squinting to see if that dot on your screen is dust or an enemy FRB mode. Supposedly it's also adding player controlled tanks, but I'll wait to see how that will be implimented.

For starters, how about the Marathon Trilogy, by Bungie? It is available here: http://marathon.sourceforge.net Then there are the "mods" for Infinity (links on that same page). 1051789_0.jpg

Then there are other open source games, such as Tremulous, Nexuiz, Plane Shift; Yo, Frankie; Sauerbraten (Cube 2), Warsow, World of Padman. Of course there are a lot more, but these are fun.

Edited by Dispatcher
Added a game.

I had great, very cheap, Yet extremly simple suggestion:

Sudoku.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1323662640158

SUDOKU !

There is few simple steps to enjoy Your own :

+ find a pen or pencil (it has undo feature)

+ turn on a printer or get regular graph notebook (more hand-work in this case)

+ go to this page to easily generate Sudoku page to print, Many sudoku software had build-in printing function too.

+ print sheet of sudoku on desired difficulty level

+ turn OFF computer

+ find any flat surface to put the sheet

+ enjoy the game

This let You rest not only from work/school but also from computer.

TIP:

Hot beverage can improve game-play.

Try:

Minetest(Not minecraft, google it.)

Command and Conquer games(Not free...but worth the investment for RA3 and below(C&C4 was a major fail, and C&C will flop harder than D.N.F.))

Galactic Civilizations II UE(Or wait a year for GCIII to be eiher beta or released.)(Also not free, but there is a trial version that is detailed enough for you to get hooked.)

Armagetron Advanced(Free, kind of fun, I suggest High rubber servers.)

World of Tanks(can be payed for to get premium currency and/or account status, but otherwise free, kind of time consuming.)

EDIT:

Team Fortress 2

Hat simulator.

Edited by Galacticruler

Hat simulator.

How dare you.

TF2 is FPSs viewed from another point of view. It's cartoonish, full of humor, it requires teamwork, and from time to time, you see something like this come along. :P:

The community is pretty cool too, and it's not like everybody owns hats.

OP, try some Planetside 2. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.