[0.24+][Dev slowdown]Nagging Nadia v0.13 beta

SolarLiner

Hi!

For my first MOD I'm honored to present you this: the Nagging Nadia (Kerman). It adds altitude callouts when landings, as well as an "Over G" and the famous "Duit Duit! Pull Up!" that somes (including me) will hear very often if they install it. :cool:

"Nagging Nadia" is the new name of the Addon, as it is far better than "GPWS" :D (thanks to p1t1o for the awesome idea!)

This is a partless and GUI-less addon for KSP that I made, so no pics (because you can't represent sound in pictures!), it activates itself when you start the flight. Just install and enjoy :)

DOWNLOAD | Back up download + source and patches

88x31.png

Be aware that it is still in beta state; bugs needs to be found and removed, things needs to be tweaked, features needs to be added.

Installation

- Go to the download link

- Extract everything into your KSP folder (like any mod)

Patching

Warning! Be aware that patching may introduce more bugs as the content has not been fully tested yet. It is here for people who wants the very lastest version and wants to help me finding bugs.

- Go to the download link

- Go into the "patches" folder

- Download everything from there

- Install in your KSP copy following the folder structure.

Source is in the "source" folder, updated each time I save the project.

In the last version:

- Altitude callouts

- Dynamic Over G warning (the longest you get forces, the less "tolerant" it gets

- Pull Up warning

To do :

- Overheat warning

- GPWS for docking

- Gear alert if landing gears present and not opened

- "Variometer-like altimeter" for probes and landers: More suitable for rockets and landers, it will play a sound that will pitch the closer you get from the terrain

- Destruction alarm (when the craft is ripped apart or things explode)

If you find bugs, if you have ideas for the plugin, tell me them ! I'll be happy to implement (if possible) them !

Hope you enjoy it! :cool:

Edited by SolarLiner

u need your source and a liscense

AFAIK License is needed for open-source. Here I didn't put the source online (that's my choice, until advanced beta I'll not publish the source) so I won't need a license. Plus this is low alpha state, and I have *better* things to worry than the license.

But if you want one: "Don't-touch-the-thing-other-than-to-play-with" :D

AFAIK License is needed for open-source. Here I didn't put the source online (that's my choice, until advanced beta I'll not publish the source) so I won't need a license. Plus this is low alpha state, and I have *better* things to worry than the license.

But if you want one: "Don't-touch-the-thing-other-than-to-play-with" :D

Wrong. Read the Forum Rules section 4.2.

4.2 Addon licensing

All addons, plugins and similar works (such as code, textures or models) posted on the services as meant in 1.1 must be accompanied by the source code (if applicable) and a license in both the post and the download file. Any works derived from addons, plugins and similar works must attribute the original work and provide proof of rights to use the original work.

4.2 Addon licensing

All addons, plugins and similar works (such as code, textures or models) posted on the services as meant in 1.1 must be accompanied by the source code (if applicable) and a license in both the post and the download file. Any works derived from addons, plugins and similar works must attribute the original work and provide proof of rights to use the original work.

My big baad ! I change that ASAP.

Bugreport: cant unpack it with Totalcommander, 7zip and Winrar too

Intredasting ...

And confirmed! Uploading a hopefully working version.

EDIT: New version online.

EDIT2: There's a new patched DLL, for who wants to test it. Just add in your post that you are using the patched version :)

Edited by SolarLiner

An idea for increased useability: Add audio alarm that can be set like Kerbal Alarm Clock. Something that will let us know our ship is nearing maneuver node, AP/PE etc. Sometimes i'm alt+tabbing between game and web browser while my ship is drilling for kethane or coasting at time warp - and when i'm reading something interesting on the forum i often miss the mark by hours of game time :)

The real voice of McDonnell Douglas GPWS:

I used a speech synthetiser to create the voice then I pitched them (I used an Audacity preset, 33 to 45 "turns"(?) disc pitchover) to sound more natural. I could have recorded them in spanish and reverse them, but I wanted them to be understandable, so here they are.

By the way, video's online on the OP !

There are still quite a few things that is unperfect, but it is time for an official update as the Pull Up bug is definitely annoying.

Basically, it was the fact that the terrain unloads as you get high enough, but doesn't necessarily returns "-1", so my code got confused and thinked that you were below 400m, and it was time to check vertical speed. Well, as no orbits are perfect, there was a time when you vertical speed dropped below -5 m/s (the max vert speed allowed at 0m over terrain) and things went weird. Now it is fixed and hopefully you should not have to worry about it anymore.

Another thing that got ameliorated is the volume management. It is still bound to the Voice Volume on the Sounds Settings, but it now detects a change in the slider volume and updates the sound volumes accordingly. So you can just go to the ingame settings menu instead of quit everything and have to go to the main menu settings.

So yeah, no new awesome features yet, still a nice updates with some bugs fixed.

Plus, now I think the mod evolved into a state where it can go to the SpacePort ! This is now the primary downloading source. Source code is still on the Google Drive folder, if you want to look at it.

Edited by SolarLiner

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.