[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

That doesn't sound like something KJR is doing. KJR will activate every time the timewarp DOES drop to 1x, but none of the listed features actually pull you out of timewarp. I'm sure Ferram4 will correct me if I'm wrong, but... this sounds like another mod.

Are you using TAC life support, or Kerbal Alarm Clock, or Fusebox, or Science Alert, or anything else that might have triggered?

I have few mods installed. KAC and Science Alert are amongst them, as well as Stage Recovery and FAR, Deadly Reentry and Atmospheric Trajectories - I think the last one may be responsibe for this. Also, I noticed that every time when warp stops planets seem to stop too, so every manuver becomes a mess and can't hit a damn thing :(

I've noticed a VERY odd bug. Sometimes (I have no idea what triggers it) KJR will cause a craft to be unable to rotate in any way. If you turn on RCS, you can see it fire but no movement. If a decoupler is triggered, it "unlocks" the craft.

I can't reproduce this consistently at all. The only thing that I can figure out is that it seems to be triggered only after I go to another craft or the Space Center screen. From launch, it's fine. I only think it's KJR because deleting the directory "unlocked" the craft that was suffering from this immediately. Has anyone seen something similar?

Edited by leops1984

Yes I had a similar thing. I would go to launch a spaceplane and certain parts would cause it to not drop onto the runway. I could turn the engines on and it would go nowhere. If I put rotation input into it it would kinda wiggle in place but not move. Deleting KJR fixed it.

Parts I had problems with were the MK2 crew cabin attached to a docking node and the 4k battery attached normally.

As mentioned on the previous page, there is a dev build that should fix the issue; try it out. Unless I get some confirmation that it works, I'm not gonna push it as a full release.

At least for me the dev version unlocked the craft I had that was bugged, so it works on my end.

Hello,

i was using KJR for quite some time but lately had issus with spinning/bending crafts like stations and probes that have more than one pod. I downloaded the new dll (i think, size 31.5kb ?) and copied it over the old one from 3.0.1 (size 4x.x kb ?). I took a quick look and the crafts seem to be stable now.

I'm just missing the "KJR is stabilizing ..." that allways flashed up. But it looks like it was working ...

I believe the current dev build (dll from the github repo, not releases) should fix most of the issues people have reported. Try it out, and if it works, I'll push it as KJR 3.0.2.

Found this after researching on the forums because I had a few strange issues described by others already, I now played a few hours with the new DLL from the github repo and can confirm that this one seems to work flawlessly.

Thanks alot ferram :D

Probably a stupid question, but how do I get the dev build? I can't use github very well...

Instructions below:

Latest release here. https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/blob/master/GameData/KerbalJointReinforcement/Plugin/KerbalJointReinforcement.dll

Do not try to save that link. Click it then on the page you get, click View Raw to download the DLL.

I'm having an issue with phantom forces when using version 3 of your mod. With the mod installed, when I switch to my Kerbin space station it starts to wobble and accelerate causing its orbit to change. Nothing in the log.

I am having the same problem with a relative small Mun lander, with additional structural failure thrown in. Nothing in the log for me either.

-c

I have a problem after undocking a vessel that was docked to orbital dock station using stock clampotrons - after I click undock, I can't switch to that vessel with [] keys and can't switch to any other vessel using alarm clock links. If I go back to KSC and switch to undocked vessel, it gets blown up in seconds from exceeding g-force.

Part of ksp.log related to this incident: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15gUIZaFd35PxtTZKLijlBzEULWQ3PaLiMRjSRxF9bdI/edit?usp=sharing

Just before explosion there are lots of errors there:

[EXC 01:30:38.439] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Vessel,System.Int32].get_Item (.Vessel key)

KerbalJointReinforcement.KJRManager.FixedUpdate ()

Can it be KJR related issue?

On one switch from KSC to station both vessel and dock were thrown away with great torque applied as after collision. I finally managed to get out of this situation by switching control to vessel that getting undocked first and then clicking undock, so I immediately RCS'd it away from station and now it all seems to be working. Very strange bug anyway.

Edited by Mystique

After the 3.1 update I'm getting stuck to launchpad again, and some odd behavior in orbit (spontaneous rotations, inability to control throttle, staging order getting messed up) sometimes.

Using procedural parts and universal storage...these rockets worked fine in the dev build created to fix the 3.0.1 bugs, but they don't in the 3.1 release. Can you host that previous dev build somewhere so we can revert to it? It was not a real release, so it's not on git.

without universal storage, i don't get stuck to the launchpad. working on diagnosing other issues.

Edited by aradapilot

@LostOblivion: Need reproduction steps. In any case, any external forces capable of changing your orbit are from outside KJR; KJR only models internal forces, which will onyl affect the orbit due to KSP's inherent numerical errors.

@Cerebrate: Need reproduction steps.

@Mystique: I cannot reproduce. I need full reproduction steps, of absolutely everything that you did from that session until you caused the bug, as well as a full mod list. That occurring indicates that somehow the vessel was destroyed before KJR's physics easing could finish working, which could be KJR alone or it could be other mods interfering. I have no idea.

@aradapilot: The current KJR build was developed using procedural parts as the standard test part, and I haven't seen any of the issues you're reporting. I require full reproduction steps and a copy of the full output log.

Also, the build is still hosted, you just have to go back to earlier commits.

Edited by ferram4

Okay. the stuck on pad was definitely universal storage. the other issues I haven't isolated yet. I'll try to reproduce and get a full log tomorrow. Could give a ship file too if you want, but it does have parts from some other mods as well.

...side note, after playing with kjr for a long time, playing *without* kjr is very frustrating :)

Edited by aradapilot

I had a stuck on pad (runway actually). With the 4K batteries from stock in symmetry attached to a node that was on a part that was attached on the surface. If I put the batteries in line (in the stack as it were). The stuck on the pad was gone.

Also had this happen on the previous versions with the Mk2 crew bay in the Mk4 cargobay attached via docking node (that is also attached on surface because there isn't a cargo bay node in the Mk4 parts).

Maybe that helps with reproducing it? I had some serious part clipping going on with those 4Ks, but not the MK2s in the cargo bay.

Edited by helaeon