[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Hey,

Can you please make this mod compatible with Nathan Kells RSS, and can you make the folder in GameData show the actual name of the mod instead of Boulder something?

It is compatible with RSS. Been using those together for months now and it works just fine.

And I assume you can change the map to VisualEnhancements or whatever by changing the name of the folder and going to the layer config and changing the filepaths for the textures.

It is compatible with RSS. Been using those together for months now and it works just fine.

And I assume you can change the map to VisualEnhancements or whatever by changing the name of the folder and going to the layer config and changing the filepaths for the textures.

I don't think it is. Im seeing a completely white kerbin.

As of 6.7 I only get about 1/10th of a planet worth of clouds:

(SNIP)

Edit: Incidentally, resizing the new kerbin1 texture to 4k also makes it "small enough" to work. 8.7MB vs 30MB.... Sure, it's not the full 8k, but it's a possible work around if anybody else hits this. So far I have only tested 6.7 on OS-X, though the previous 8k issue also occurred on Linux.

I'm using 6-7 on a 3 year old MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.1 ... I'm not seeing anything like that.

I'm using 6-7 on a 3 year old MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.1 ... I'm not seeing anything like that.

Would your 3 year old MBP happen to have a discrete graphics card? This could possibly be an issue with a buffer size in the integrated Intel HD4000 then. Wouldn't be the first weird bug I've seen. (Though for the most part it runs better than the 1GB Radeon HD 4890 in my old desktop.)

As of 6.7 I only get about 1/10th of a planet worth of clouds:

http://i.imgur.com/c2061rp.png

This is on a "fresh" install of the mod. Worked fine in the most previous version I was using (6.4). This occurs with no other mods (beyond a handful of my flags), and I have plenty of memory left (the system has 16GBs, so Unity /should/ able to use whatever its addressing space allows). This was also a problem when I attempted to use Papics' 8k clouds prior to your inclusion of that texture into the mod. I had written that off as possibly a download error on the part of the texture, but I suppose not. If I copy over the smaller kerbin1 cloud from 6.4 the issue goes away (but has the obvious texture repetition).

Edit: Incidentally, resizing the new kerbin1 texture to 4k also makes it "small enough" to work. 8.7MB vs 30MB.... Sure, it's not the full 8k, but it's a possible work around if anybody else hits this. So far I have only tested 6.7 on OS-X, though the previous 8k issue also occurred on Linux.

hmmm... You said OS-X? Must be a unix limitation. Linux folks probably see the same thing.

I got crash after loading with 6-7. I guess I still have to stick with 5-3 and the 8k Blue Marble Pack . (which doesn't crash the game so easily with the same amount of mods)

You can probably resize the kerbin1 texture, or try my memory reduction mod.

Would your 3 year old MBP happen to have a discrete graphics card? This could possibly be an issue with a buffer size in the integrated Intel HD4000 then. Wouldn't be the first weird bug I've seen. (Though for the most part it runs better than the 1GB Radeon HD 4890 in my old desktop.)

Yeah, it's got an AMD Radeon 6490M, but only 256MB of VRAM. The integrated card is only an Intel HD3000.

I'm curious of which mods you use, I don't think I asked before.

Not quite the time to post a mod list right now, considering I also have to clean it up a bit (delete parts I don't need) Well it is just enough but parts are actually more or less just engines and batteries from KW Rocketry and NP (both with reduction packs of course) procedural fairings and stretchy tnaks and kspx. The rest are plugins like DRE , FAR, VE , Texture compressor plugin , remote tech and MFS (currently not as it isn't updated) . Sure I forgot some more but yeah if you really want to know, maybe I bother with making a complete list in the next days :D

@rbray: It would be nice to check whether a texture is readable before generating mipmaps in TextureSet.AddMipMaps(). Just in case if some evil mod makes them unreadable >:]

I only do it for the textures that are used directly by this mod.

hmmm... You said OS-X? Must be a unix limitation. Linux folks probably see the same thing.

Linux 64 bit in use here, no problems at all. Beautiful! Great work rbray89.

I am not using RSS. I am using memory the compression (the memory issues do not go away completely with Linux 64, BTW).

I found with another mod that I had problems if I tried to use it in conjunction with any plugins not compiled for 0.23. You might try upgrading every mod plugin to 0.23 and/or un-install any plugins built for older versions of KSP and test again. Older vanilla parts packs should be OK.

Is it possible to remove the cloud texture that you see from orbit and keep the city lights, or are they the same? I'm already using a high-res texture with clouds for Kerbin with the Universe Replacer mod, and I prefer those. Now Kerbin has too many clouds lol...

Is it possible to remove the cloud texture that you see from orbit and keep the city lights, or are they the same? I'm already using a high-res texture with clouds for Kerbin with the Universe Replacer mod, and I prefer those. Now Kerbin has too many clouds lol...

I think all you need to do is delete \GameData\BoulderCo\Clouds\Textures\Kerbin1.png