[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

It seems it also solved the HUD interaction issue. What probably was happening actually is that because of the uninitialized tangents, the attribute value in the shader became whatever stateful garbage was in the opengl state before, so the texture coordinate changes done by HUD code ended up affecting the value.

This is great mod! Looks so realistic from space and after rocket start. I use only clouds and Release-4 make some improvement. Many players want to make everything realistic. I like it too, but I really want to see unrealistic clouds, like unrealistic and funny Krebals are. There is possibility to use textures "face me" below desired altitude to exhibit cloud thicknes? I mean some random cloud textures moving along and not precisely releated with your mod.

It seems it also solved the HUD interaction issue. What probably was happening actually is that because of the uninitialized tangents, the attribute value in the shader became whatever stateful garbage was in the opengl state before, so the texture coordinate changes done by HUD code ended up affecting the value.

Ah... Makes sense.

This is great mod! Looks so realistic from space and after rocket start. I use only clouds and Release-4 make some improvement. Many players want to make everything realistic. I like it too, but I really want to see unrealistic clouds, like unrealistic and funny Krebals are. There is possibility to use textures "face me" below desired altitude to exhibit cloud thicknes? I mean some random cloud textures moving along and not precisely releated with your mod.

Volumetric clouds that can be flown through are comming. :)

I just tried tiling the image in paint (after setting the BG to black) and it looks like there are some noticeable seams. I passed it through the GIMP seamless mapping, but it isn't as good as making it truly seamless. If you can get back to me in time, I'll use an updated version, otherwise I'll ship with the "seamless mapped" one.

I had a look, I think I can fix it.

GIMP made some pretty bright cities, reminds me of the paintball look in the early versions.

DJzRIW9l.png

When my exams are over.

The Kerbin clouds are looking great now.

Kinda spooky here.

Jp0zGDcl.png

"I thought we were already on the Mun."

Also, thanks so much for pointing that out! I probably never would have thought of that on my own. Very new to graphics/modeling programming.

I have little issue since with Joolian clouds since release 4. Previous versions of this wonderful mod works perfectly. I've tried all without any acceptable result.

From far:

khwi.png

From close distance:

qwp1.png

Computer:

C2D E7200

4GB Ram

GF 450 GTS

Win 7 64-bit

I have little issue since with Joolian clouds since release 4. Previous versions of this wonderful mod works perfectly. I've tried all without any acceptable result.

I had the same problem on my machine. Going into the cloudlayers.cfg and replacing detaileve1 with simply detail1 in the jool clouds fixed the problem.

A page that might prove very useful to you, rbray, given your earlier question: http://chrisholden.net/tutor/rocknorm.htm

I'm playing around with the technique right now, since the existing normal map doesn't work right for RSS.

Also, is the alpha channel of the detail texture supposed to do anything? It doesn't seem to, for me.

Just tried this plugin and it appears to be great. One thing i noticed is that at Eve the clouds are really thick(?) and the terrain is barely visible from the map view. I don't know if this is intended and from a skip of this topic i saw that you change the cloud setting. If possible can anyone tell me how to do it because reading 40 pages is way too much reading

I'm not the dev but I'm fairly sure that's intentional. Eve has a very thick atmosphere (like Venus) and like said planet, you can't see any of its surface from space. I imagine Eve being very unwelcome when weather makes its way in the game.

Just tried this plugin and it appears to be great. One thing i noticed is that at Eve the clouds are really thick(?) and the terrain is barely visible from the map view. I don't know if this is intended and from a skip of this topic i saw that you change the cloud setting. If possible can anyone tell me how to do it because reading 40 pages is way too much reading

Intentional. Eve is seen sort of like venus. A dense atmosphere with a cloud layer that totally obscures a deadly surface hot enough to melt lead. If you want to change it you need to go to the config file and search for the eve layers. There you can either remove those or change the target file with the kerbin cloud cover if you just want partial coverage.

A page that might prove very useful to you, rbray, given your earlier question: http://chrisholden.net/tutor/rocknorm.htm

I'm playing around with the technique right now, since the existing normal map doesn't work right for RSS.

Also, is the alpha channel of the detail texture supposed to do anything? It doesn't seem to, for me.

I'll check that out. The alpha channel blends with the main texture, but only when you are close enough to see the datail.

while i didn't install the latest patch to this mod last night, i can confirm that the keystrokes above do the same for me. My oldest son is moving out today (YAY / cry) so i wont be gaming until Sunday to run any tests on the new patch nor make those crash files available....but i haven't forgotten...

Balu0: are you running win8 64-bit?

Found my problem: believe it or not, it was the driver for my monitor (28 inch HD)... To test this, i moved my video output to my 51 inch HDTV and ran it for about a week with no crashing. After moving back to my monitor, crashing started again. after doing a bit of research, it was a win8 driver issue with my monitor. After updating it, crashing stopped....

....but things looked so damn good on the big-ass TV, i moved everything to the den and am playing from the couch now !!

Found my problem: believe it or not, it was the driver for my monitor (28 inch HD)... To test this, i moved my video output to my 51 inch HDTV and ran it for about a week with no crashing. After moving back to my monitor, crashing started again. after doing a bit of research, it was a win8 driver issue with my monitor. After updating it, crashing stopped....

....but things looked so damn good on the big-ass TV, i moved everything to the den and am playing from the couch now !!

Haha... Good to hear! I tried for about 30 minutes to replicate the problem before I gave up... Big screens are always better ;)

Running this on a crappy 8GB laptop, I see no performance impacts... Brilliant stuff rbray!!! I think Jeb might want to touch the clouds though...

He soon will be able to... sooner rather than later with any luck :)

He soon will be able to... sooner rather than later with any luck :)

Sweet! And I've confirmed that I have awesome powers over you that you don't even know about. Every time I get around to upgrading to the current release, you release a new one. I JUST upgraded not half an hour ago to release 4.

hmmm... Interesting. Do you have a video? Are you running with Release-4?

Ok, so very delayed response here, but I finally had some time to find some video capture software and get some shots, biggest issue is the horizon flicker. The slight ground texture shift isn't that noticeable in the video but I can live with it. Also as for other mods, I have mechjeb only. This is release-4. Video: http://youtu.be/-XfB811yo8Y