[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

1 hour ago, TC One said:

Is there any known incompatible mods? All I got after installing this mod on 1.1 KSP is CTD before I even see the loading screen. KSP log states that certain part cannot be loaded (it's reflection module), if I remove that particalr part, CTD still happens and there will be another part from another mod and so on.

Removing shader.dll fixes the CTD, but obviously removes all the Environmental Enhancements aswell :)

P.S. I used this mod at 1.0 (or even 1.0.5) and it was all good, now I use all the same mods (some of them still pending update to 1.1, so in fact mod list is even shorter). Mods appeared in the log after CTD was Karbonite and then Kerbal Alarm Clock.

I hate to be "that guy" but SERIOUSLY people. Read the OP (pretty much anywhere on the OP. If I have to make the font any bigger...) Then if you still need help following instructions read this:

2 hours ago, GoldenGonzo said:

Hello!

This is my first post on this forum, I made this account to post in this thread.  I love your mod.  Any update on when the KSP 1.1 will be added to CKAN?  Managing mods manually is a tedious process and I know many are like myself and only use mods that can be managed with the mod manager (CKAN).  Thanks!

I don't maintain the CKAN stuff. I think the CKAN people do that.

I was actually looking into the wrong log file, that's why I never sent it. Here is the link to the output_log from x64 data. It actually have some error info, related to Shaders: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B80KH2tPkE0YWU1RNTBlS0tNeEk

Sorry for not informative post, I was sure that actual logfile only contains some random part error.

I run Windows 7 x64 with GeForce GTX 770 and 8Gb RAM

Edited by TC One
PC Specs

5 minutes ago, TC One said:

I was actually looking into the wrong log file, that's why I never sent it. Here is the link to the output_log from x64 data. It actually have some error info, related to Shaders: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B80KH2tPkE0YWU1RNTBlS0tNeEk

Sorry for not informative post, I was sure that actual logfile only contains some random part error.

Don't force DX11. As it stands KSP DX11 is NOT stable at all. Sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes. Sometimes the shaders are all pink.
If you really need the memory savings, use OpenGL instead of DX9.

8 minutes ago, TC One said:

Found the root cause: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/d3d-shader-create-error-for-shader-0x80070057-vs_5_0.355433/
Might be a solution here: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/483671/directx-11-not-working-dx11-on-dx10-gpu.html
Looks like the fix would be in unity version  5.3.2

Edited by rbray89

10 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Don't force DX11. As it stands KSP DX11 is NOT stable at all. Sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes. Sometimes the shaders are all pink.

Thanks! Without forcing Dx11 it loads and works.

Anyone else getting an issue where attempting to apply clouds to a planet created with Kopernicus causes an error that freezes the game when clicking on the tracking station?

Is there currently an incompatibility between EVE and Kopernicus in 1.1?

33 minutes ago, KeineLust said:

Dear rbray89, is there any way to use astronomers visual pack interstellar v2? I would be so happy to finally play x64 with this mod

Not unless someone ported it.

This mod looks neat, but it's really heating up my PC since 1.1. Does anybody know of any trick to lower that? It seems to be caused mostly by the clouds at a low altitude. Things are fine when I'm high in space.

25 minutes ago, Ilya said:

This mod looks neat, but it's really heating up my PC since 1.1. Does anybody know of any trick to lower that? It seems to be caused mostly by the clouds at a low altitude. Things are fine when I'm high in space.

Working on it.

14 minutes ago, DigitalProeliator said:

I remember one of the packs had dust storms on Duna. Are there any packs that have that again, or is there a config I can drop in re-enable that? I thought it was a really cool effect.

I might be able to help you with that, just give me a 'lil while!

guys for those who keep asking for duna dusts... it is astronomer visual pack. google "AVP reboot mrmeeb" and you shalt be given.

Edited by Joshwoo69
A not S blame keyboard.

This question probably shouldn't be addressed to you, but I need to clarify a few things on what depends on what.

There used to be a great texture pack (Astronomer's) but apparently it's no longer maintained. From what I understand, this pack uses EVE and TextureReplacer. I'm trying to manually bring the current KSP to the former used to be AWESOME visual appearance but I'm having problems with texture juggling. 

The question is: Do I need a texture replacer in order for this to work or I can simply replace original EVE textures with those from Astronomer's pack and be done with it?

6 minutes ago, cicatrix said:

This question probably shouldn't be addressed to you, but I need to clarify a few things on what depends on what.

There used to be a great texture pack (Astronomer's) but apparently it's no longer maintained. From what I understand, this pack uses EVE and TextureReplacer. I'm trying to manually bring the current KSP to the former used to be AWESOME visual appearance but I'm having problems with texture juggling. 

The question is: Do I need a texture replacer in order for this to work or I can simply replace original EVE textures with those from Astronomer's pack and be done with it?

The reason I ship with two separate zip files is to make it easy to split up the configs and textures from the logic. Just replace the textures. Texture Replacer would be redundant and unnecessary for EVE, but would let you replace terrain textures and skybox.

7 hours ago, rbray89 said:

What I'm working on now: K2uKLSH.png

my eye was look straight to FPS counter >>  27.4  << but cloud shadow look damn nice & off course my mind jump fast & want to raise a question how about thunder :D:D

18 hours ago, DigitalProeliator said:

I remember one of the packs had dust storms on Duna. Are there any packs that have that again, or is there a config I can drop in re-enable that? I thought it was a really cool effect.

That was better atmospheres, and I think it's dead now. I'm working on something to replace it tho, so be apatient and It'll come!