[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

@rbray89: Possibly I've not noticed before but I was busy mucking around in the space center scene when I realised I was seeing cloud shadows crawling across the ground. Bravo sir. Lovely work and thank you for adding something so subtle yet so important to the literal atmosphere of the game.

2 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

@rbray89: Possibly I've not noticed before but I was busy mucking around in the space center scene when I realised I was seeing cloud shadows crawling across the ground. Bravo sir. Lovely work and thank you for adding something so subtle yet so important to the literal atmosphere of the game.

I like watching the clouds pass over the mountains and watch the shadows roll over the hills :)

And wait until you seen an eclipse :)

Edited by rbray89

I'm  not sure if anyone else has reported it I scrolled back a few pages but apologies if it has been.

With 1.1 when you hold alt and scroll to change the FOV it causes some really weird visuals.

-Sea level changes

-Atmosphere and clouds distort

I'll try and get some screenshots if it's not a known issue.

1 minute ago, Squeaky said:

I'm  not sure if anyone else has reported it I scrolled back a few pages but apologies if it has been.

With 1.1 when you hold alt and scroll to change the FOV it causes some really weird visuals.

-Sea level changes

its known

10 minutes ago, Squeaky said:

-Sea level changes

8 minutes ago, Berlin said:

its known

Changing the FOV will distort your image a bit, but never heard of it distorting it as it shouldn't be distorted before. At any rate, just tested it out, isn't a problem with EVE. FOV acts correctly. Perhaps it is a scatterer issue?

I just installed the latest version and configs and there are no clouds.  I mean there are clouds but barely.  What happened to the clouds from 1.0.5?  Those were beautiful!  I installed a cloud mods expecting clouds :(  Is there any way to get the old clouds back?

Examples...

Beautiful Clouds:

aaV7kZ6.png

What did this mod do again?:

eaeUUak.png

Edited by Alshain

1 minute ago, Alshain said:

I just installed the latest version and configs and there are no clouds.  I mean there are clouds but barely.  What happened to the clouds from 1.0.5?  Those were beautiful!  I installed a cloud mods expecting clouds :(  Is there any way to get the old clouds back?

Examples...

Beautiful Clouds:

aaV7kZ6.png

What did this mod do again?:

eaeUUak.png

sve

2 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Hah! people complained that it was "too cloudy" so I made it less cloudy :) 
You can use the GUI. ALT+0, and use the arrows to change the Texture AlphaMap value from AlphaMap_R to AlphaMap_A

Edited by rbray89

Just now, Alshain said:

@rbray89  I'll give that a try, don't know why people would complain.  Why install a cloud mod if you don't want clouds? ROFL.

@Berlin requires scatterer.  I don't like scatterer.

doesn't require it. you don't have to use it.

@rbray89  That worked!  Thank you much!

@Berlin  Well, last time I tried it, it looked awful without it.  The author may have changed it since then but really rbray solved my problem and it was much simpler than another mod.  Thanks anyway though.

Edited by Alshain

o7 @rbray89

about what we speak in IRC chat with Eve generate NullReff i done now a video to show you more exactly how to triger that

sory for quality, but is good inaff to get the idea & @Nhawks17 this is good to watch to

Update: any craft load from VAB to launch pad & turn camera to SpaceCenter triger instant NullRef spam

Cheer & hope it will help

Edited by Blacks

2 hours ago, Blacks said:

o7 @rbray89

about what we speak in IRC chat with Eve generate NullReff i done now a video to show you more exactly how to triger that

sory for quality, but is good inaff to get the idea & @Nhawks17 this is good to watch to

Update: any craft load from VAB to launch pad & turn camera to SpaceCenter triger instant NullRef spam

Cheer & hope it will help

Can you try the EVE version here: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/raw/master/AnyCPU-EVE.zip I think It is fixed in the next release.

new version test done but i will bring good news & bad news :D

1. Good news: NullReff spam was stop / gone that problem is fix

2. Bad news: Null Reff was replace by Exception now (it is not same spam but it is there)

- enter in VAB / SPH load any stock craft you like it not mater > goo to runaway / launch pad > exception it will appear instant, look on logs what i will provide for this or something like that, i make game to triger multiple time

Spoiler

[EXC 19:30:12.177] InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[HighLogic+LogEntry].VerifyState ()
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[HighLogic+LogEntry].MoveNext ()
    DebugToolbar.WindowDebug ()
    DebugToolbar.Window (Int32 id)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 19:30:12.180] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

You will have in zip file 2 type of logs:

a. EVEOriginalpack = logs generate only with AnyCPU-EVE.zip
b. EVE.SVE = logs generate with new EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements release what you done + StockVisualEnhancements from StockVisualEnhancements_0.6.3-HR.zip

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3NWtfeWlOT2pTVXM/view?usp=sharing

Cheer & Salute

Edited by Blacks
Forgot to post link with logs

16 hours ago, rbray89 said:

Hah! people complained that it was "too cloudy" so I made it less cloudy :) 
You can use the GUI. ALT+0, and use the arrows to change the Texture AlphaMap value from AlphaMap_R to AlphaMap_A

The only AlphaMap I found was for the city overlay. Can't seem to find one for clouds.

43 minutes ago, Blacks said:

new version test done but i will bring good news & bad news :D

1. Good news: NullReff spam was stop / gone that problem is fix

2. Bad news: Null Reff was replace by Exception now (it is not same spam but it is there)

- enter in VAB / SPH load any stock craft you like it not mater > goo to runaway / launch pad > exception it will appear instant, look on logs what i will provide for this or something like that, i make game to triger multiple time

Hide contents

[EXC 19:30:12.177] InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[HighLogic+LogEntry].VerifyState ()
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[HighLogic+LogEntry].MoveNext ()
    DebugToolbar.WindowDebug ()
    DebugToolbar.Window (Int32 id)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 19:30:12.180] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

You will have in zip file 2 type of logs:

a. EVEOriginalpack = logs generate only with AnyCPU-EVE.zip
b. EVE.SVE = logs generate with new EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements release what you done + StockVisualEnhancements from StockVisualEnhancements_0.6.3-HR.zip

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3NWtfeWlOT2pTVXM/view?usp=sharing

Cheer & Salute

Haha, that is a stock bug in the debug window :) Not my fault.

40 minutes ago, Jarin said:

The only AlphaMap I found was for the city overlay. Can't seem to find one for clouds.

use the arrows at the top to go to the AtmosphereConfig

9 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Haha, that is a stock bug in the debug window :) Not my fault.

stock or not that it happen IF i let Eve to be there, i check that to soo you awake kraken !!! :D:D:D but at list is triger 1 time / load / enter on runway / launch pad aka is not a full spam

anyway you know much better :) i am just detector :D

Edited by Blacks