Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

I really want to use this mod but it still dislikes sharing the throttle with MechJeb. Any time I ask MechJeb to do anything with the throttle, the two start fighting over it and the jittering doesn't stop unless I switch ships.

Few pages back Sarbian posted a dev build of MechJeb. Does that work? No? Let him know as the throttle fighting is not a remotetech issue. Other autopilots are fine.

Hi,

I think in this version of remote tech omni-directional antenna are broken.

b7e4xj.jpg

Does your big ship have connection to the ksc? if it doesn't you'll need it to be able to connect.

Also are you using an AEIS antenna? i f you are try using a squad antenna on the big ship

(sorry if this doesn't help)

also do the probes with the massive dishes have a probe core? it just looks like rcs fuel and a dish to me, they need a probe core to move

If you're using "Active Vessel" to target your ship, this might give problems, since it'll now target your deployed ship which has no dishes enabled. Your mothership is then out of signal.

All antennas are active but when I undock the dish module I loose connection. Or am I doing something wrong?

This sounds related to a known issue. As a workaround try retargeting the dishes on the "big" ship after decoupling or use the "target active ship" option on some dishes. In any case you may want to check out https://github.com/Cilph/RemoteTech2/issues/120

Few pages back Sarbian posted a dev build of MechJeb. Does that work? No? Let him know as the throttle fighting is not a remotetech issue. Other autopilots are fine.

Who needs MJ anyway? :P Sorry Sarbian, just kidding. :) It's interesting though how different mods can interact and the problems they can create. It would be cool if there were a setting in KSP it's self to check/uncheck mods you wanted to run during your current gaming session.

Does your big ship have connection to the ksc? if it doesn't you'll need it to be able to connect.

Also are you using an AEIS antenna? i f you are try using a squad antenna on the big ship

(sorry if this doesn't help)

also do the probes with the massive dishes have a probe core? it just looks like rcs fuel and a dish to me, they need a probe core to move

Yes - the main probe body has currently connection pathways to 2 satelites via 3 KR-7 reflectron dishes (marked 3 in picture) aimed at 3 different kerbostationary comsats.

There are also DP-10 antennas mounted on the separeted dish module and main ship (maked 1, main ships is obscured) and the main ship also has a EXP-VR-2t (marked 2, and as you can see its clearly active).

... Well I suppose I could mount every available antenna and see which works (If any this is not the first time im experiencing such nonsence with detachable probes), I have unlocked them all I think in career mode.

b7g9qc.jpg

I really want to use this mod but it still dislikes sharing the throttle with MechJeb. Any time I ask MechJeb to do anything with the throttle, the two start fighting over it and the jittering doesn't stop unless I switch ships.

If updating to the latest dev build doesn't fix the problem, try going into into Remote_Tech_Settings.cfg (KSP Root Directory/GameData/RemoTech2/) and set 'EnableSignalDelay = False' (with no quotes).

Oh yes ... this seems to be the problem :) funnily just did a test run with all antennas and separation worked .... then I dissabled comtron 32 on dish module and lost connection nevermind that there are at least 2 more omnidirectionals working on both ends.

never had this problem with older RT1

I am also having the same problems with throttle jitter. But it happens both with and without MechJeb. And the funny thing is it only started in my last few flights, starting with an incredibly large 500 part beast. Great work so far, but I guess with mods, the work is almost never done. Keep it up!

I am also having the same problems with throttle jitter. But it happens both with and without MechJeb. And the funny thing is it only started in my last few flights, starting with an incredibly large 500 part beast. Great work so far, but I guess with mods, the work is almost never done. Keep it up!

Define 'without', because the problem also occurs without engaging your mechjeb pilot.

I have not personally tested, but I think dev versions of MechJeb 105+ fixed that.

Yes - the main probe body has currently connection pathways to 2 satelites via 3 KR-7 reflectron dishes (marked 3 in picture) aimed at 3 different kerbostationary comsats.

There are also DP-10 antennas mounted on the separeted dish module and main ship (maked 1, main ships is obscured) and the main ship also has a EXP-VR-2t (marked 2, and as you can see its clearly active).

... Well I suppose I could mount every available antenna and see which works (If any this is not the first time im experiencing such nonsence with detachable probes), I have unlocked them all I think in career mode.

I can't see it clearly in your image, does the "giga dish probe" have any probe core? I can't see if there's one under the docking port, and without one it can't work (I've made some fails like that back in time :confused: )

you should add a connection device that when landed will connect to any other landed ships on the same planet/moon within a certain distance that also hase the connection device. that way if you have a dish on ike on the side facing towards duna, and you want to have one on the side facing away from duna but dont want a bunch of ike sattalites, then this will provide communication.

you should add a connection device that when landed will connect to any other landed ships on the same planet/moon within a certain distance that also hase the connection device. that way if you have a dish on ike on the side facing towards duna, and you want to have one on the side facing away from duna but dont want a bunch of ike sattalites, then this will provide communication.

What would be the point and how would you explain it? You still need line of sight somehow, or an atmosphere for something like a ham radio, to communicate on planet. You still require a minimum of 4 stations on a body to communicate between planetary bodies.

Just a story on how much I love this mod. Started a new career, and decided to map the entire surface of the Mun with a SCAN Sat before landing (makes sense right?)

So, I did enough manned orbital flights and even 1 manned fly by of the Mun to get enough science for a probe body and the SCAN Sat.

Mind you I have no communications in place whats so ever except for a hand built comm tower at KSC with a 90Mm dish.

Manually launched to 100km LKO and used the flight computer to insert, then when my spacecraft came back around and was in connect with KSP I pre-programmed the entire flight to the Mun using only the flight computer, including the transfer burn, jettison of the transfer stage, engine activation on final stage followed by 3 separate burns to come into Munar orbit in a polar orbit at 193km and activate the scanner all while out of contact!

I love this mod so much lol. Been using it since the 1st release of RT1, the new flight computer is amazing. Being able to pre-program entire flights is insane and super realistic.

Also the mapping sat also has a 90Mn dish on it so every so often it does in fact have a connection with KSC and is able to "transmit" the mapping data back to Kerbin.

Edited by IllicitMedic

Got a question:

I have a satellite with a few Omni-antenna about 300Mm away. When I point another satellite's dish antenna at it from Kerbin, there is no connection. Is it not possible to form a connection between a omni and a dish?

So Cilph, I'm starting to assemble the resources needed to start an infrastructure mod add-on to Kerbal Economy.

One of our first goals is to have a set of villages, towns, and cities interconnected with communications antennae that the player has to deploy in order to make money off the service charges. (210 communities across kerbin as a whole. Got a guy working on that now.)

I'm thinking your interlink relay code (or whatever you call it) is going to be essential in making Infrastructure work as it should. Got any particular words of wisdom on how I should approach it?

Got a question:

I have a satellite with a few Omni-antenna about 300Mm away. When I point another satellite's dish antenna at it from Kerbin, there is no connection. Is it not possible to form a connection between a omni and a dish?

Omni antenna's only reach 5 Mm at most. They both have to shake hands.

Edited by BigD145

I'm running KSP 64 bit in Linux, and the mod seems to work great, except for one thing. The enter key doesn't work in the flight computer, so I can't set a delay or an absolute rotation. I can click buttons and enter text just fine, but the enter key doesn't actually do anything.

I suspect it's related to the Linux build issue where keypresses always affect everything. In fact, when entering something like '55m22s', it will go to the map view when I enter the 'm'. Is anyone else using this mod in Linux?

Got a question:

Every antenna must have the range to reach the other one.

So, i just wanted to say i love this mod and don't want to stop using it.

But that signal delay... i don't really like it, is there a way to disable it ingame or per some kind of config i can't find?

Config file. EnableSignalDelay = False. It generates once you run the plugin.

Anyhow, I'm spending some time on documentation this weekend, and I hope to put it all on the Github wiki.

So, i have a suggestion for it, it would be nice for huge networks, for this system work as right now, you need to have two dishes per two satelites, pointing at each other just to have a small connection, but having a huge connection, somewhere, you would have to switch vessels to other vessels to create a conn, burning time... So here it goes.

Would be nice to have some sort of configuration that certain dish will target the nearest available dish with active connection to the mission control, and in some sort, that satelite would point a dish back, making it an active connection, so we don't have to switch vessels, assuming, that some of us are planing to have more than twenty, thirty, forty satelites in orbit, also a bit lazy just to go onto them, and target them to a certain satelite, later and thanks for reaing.

Now THAT was fast, thanks a lot!

Btw am i the only one who gets his geostationary orbits messed up by the game? I got 3 Geostationaries around Kerbin, they were almost perfectly distributed around the planet and were only off between each other for like 5 seconds per orbit. But on a reload suddenly one of the three got moved close to another one and now i got a good part not covered anymore and need to launch a new one.