[1.12.3+] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.9.4 | 02/06/24

stupid_chris

Was it this one?

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'RealChute/Legacy Parts/drogue_main_combo_chute/RC_combo_large'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RealChute.Parachute].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.RealChuteModule.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Dies when loading. That's the 64 bit build, clean install.

Any possibility to leave the 0.23.5 version link or someone give me a link to that version? I'm playing RO + RSS + RPL and the 0.23.5 version worked well, now it just ruins the RPL tech tree, makes all parts disappear (all not only the chutes), and i didn't backed up the 23.5 version :S

Ty

Edited by Rakird

When playing using the update .24 release of RealChute:

I find that using the stock Mk16 parachute (not the RealChute parts) does not show the chute visibly at all on initial deployment, though the speed does slow. Upon reaching the full-deployment altitude (500m @ Kerbin) the full chute never deploys and fails to slow the craft enough to prevent destruction. I have verified the chute settings were not out of whack... correct weight, altitude of deployment, and etc settings. When right-clicking on the part in flight, it shows two "deploy" icons, almost as though it is seeing a RealChute item and the stock item at the same time? I deleted the "legacy parts" folder per instruction as it was causing a loading-hang on initial game launch.

I have a couple other .24 mods installed currently; if no one else can reproduce I can pull back other mods and see if I have a conflict somewhere.

Thanks again for getting this pulled into .24 so fast! DRM wouldn't be the same without it!

Uhh.. no thanks to the settings icon. If you don't want it on the VAB Action Group settings page, then a better place is Blizzy's Toolbar (so we can set it visible once, change settings, and remove it). But while you've got the toolbar wrapper goin', change the settings from the action group page to a show/hide calculator type entry where you open the calc and you click on the chute to configure.

Edited by Oinker

I find that using the stock Mk16 parachute (not the RealChute parts) does not show the chute visibly at all on initial deployment, though the speed does slow. Upon reaching the full-deployment altitude (500m @ Kerbin) the full chute never deploys and fails to slow the craft enough to prevent destruction. I have verified the chute settings were not out of whack... correct weight, altitude of deployment, and etc settings. When right-clicking on the part in flight, it shows two "deploy" icons, almost as though it is seeing a RealChute item and the stock item at the same time? I deleted the "legacy parts" folder per instruction as it was causing a loading-hang on initial game launch.

I have a couple other .24 mods installed currently; if no one else can reproduce I can pull back other mods and see if I have a conflict somewhere.

Thanks again for getting this pulled into .24 so fast! DRM wouldn't be the same without it!

Use the debug menu in the game to see what modules are installed on the chute part.

And yeah, that stock chute bug is a killer. I was going to hold off downloading RC 1.2 until Stupid Chris was done with whatever update he was going to do after work tonight but I just lost Jeb and Bill both trying to do some stupid contract missions and their lives were depending on their chutes not malfunctioning. The thing is, sometimes they work fine and others.... failure at 500 meters. W T H SQUAD.

You know what? I'm turning dead crew respawn back on. I'm willing to let them go if it was my mistake but not for Squad bugs :huh::mad:

I have another bug, in flight chute vanishing from staging list and lose options to open manualy. This hapen only with stock parts, after load quicksave

Edited by Gobur

I don't understand how to change th sizes and other parameters of the chutes, also I can't add them to action groups. I don't see a menu for changing size and whatnot and if I right click the chutes it just tells me what there settings are. Also I don't see the drag chutes that were green. Did I install wrong? I can't tweak them from the action group window either.

Edit: actually it only doesn't work in sandbox mode but it does in career.

But also I can never get these chutes to deploy. I assign them to groups and they never go when I press the button and they don't stage either. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by kanelives

Any possibility to leave the 0.23.5 version link or someone give me a link to that version? I'm playing RO + RSS + RPL and the 0.23.5 version worked well, now it just ruins the RPL tech tree, makes all parts disappear (all not only the chutes), and i didn't backed up the 23.5 version :S

Ty

check your inbox sent you a PM.

Bug report:

whenever i load the new new real chutes update, it would freeze in the loading widow on parts that used the real chutes module

Read back a couple pages -- you need to delete the "Legacy Parts" folder that's within the RealChute folder -- it wasn't meant to be in there and was included on accident. Deleting it will fix all your problems =D

For temporary compatibility with DebRefund, I will be simply removing the modulemanager files to make the stock chutes realchute-based. That way I can use the stock chutes, compatible with DebRefund on my discard stages and use RealChutes on my main module.

I thought I'd tell everyone the genius little hack while I was at it so they could use the two mods together. I'll also mention this on the DebRefund thread.

Read back a couple pages -- you need to delete the "Legacy Parts" folder that's within the RealChute folder -- it wasn't meant to be in there and was included on accident. Deleting it will fix all your problems =D

I have the same issue. Load fails at parachuteDrogue. I'm using 1.2, and I have no legacy parts folder. I'm running the x64 version, and this loads without realChute. I do have a fair number of other mods running.

I have the same issue. Load fails at parachuteDrogue. I'm using 1.2, and I have no legacy parts folder. I'm running the x64 version, and this loads without realChute. I do have a fair number of other mods running.

That sounds like you still have a copy of the old .23.5 version stuck in there somewhere...

Ty

v1.1 is not going to work with KSP 0.24. CompatibilityChecker is going to kill the mod.

I need more info. Logs screenshots, everything you can get me. A description is not getting me anywhere.

Uhh.. no thanks to the settings icon. If you don't want it on the VAB Action Group settings page, then a better place is Blizzy's Toolbar (so we can set it visible once, change settings, and remove it). But while you've got the toolbar wrapper goin', change the settings from the action group page to a show/hide calculator type entry where you open the calc and you click on the chute to configure.

Well you're going to have to deal with it. Toolbar integration definitely isn't happening.

I have another bug, in flight chute vanishing from staging list and lose options to open manualy. This hapen only with stock parts, after load quicksave

See up a little, I need info, not a description.

I don't understand how to change th sizes and other parameters of the chutes, also I can't add them to action groups. I don't see a menu for changing size and whatnot and if I right click the chutes it just tells me what there settings are. Also I don't see the drag chutes that were green. Did I install wrong? I can't tweak them from the action group window either.

Edit: actually it only doesn't work in sandbox mode but it does in career.

But also I can never get these chutes to deploy. I assign them to groups and they never go when I press the button and they don't stage either. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Loooooogs. More info. I feel like I'm repeating myself.

two questions:

1. Does 1.2 work with 0.23.5.x?

2. If no, where can I get an older version of this mod?

1) I've got no clue.

2) guess that's fixed.

You are using outdated MM files.

Guys, if anything fails to load, you are using outdated parts. It's as simple as that. And if you have bugs, I need some info. Seriously I'm hoping the "it hangs in loading" thing is not going to turn into "I'm missing some parts".

Also guys, update not happening tonight, sorry to dissapoint, I hope you all can understand.

Edited by stupid_chris

How about a pony? Would you like one of those too?

Just a heads up, having trouble loading HomeGrownRocketParts' Inline Parachute when RealChute is installed, it just stops at the part in the loading screen but it doesn't freeze or crash.

Also guys, update not happening tonight, sorry to dissapoint, I hope you all can understand.

Dude, chill. This is a mod, you don't owe anyone here anything. Its not like you work for SQUAD, take your time.

Just a heads up, having trouble loading HomeGrownRocketParts' Inline Parachute when RealChute is installed, it just stops at the part in the loading screen but it doesn't freeze or crash.

Look at the four previous pages for the fix.

And eh, I guess I'm just tired.