[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

7 hours ago, stupid_chris said:

It's in the Space Center, there's an icon top right :)

Yeah that's my problem, the icon doesn't show up. it was there until I set the chutes to auto arm when staged. after I changed that option, the menu button icon disappeared, now I can't get back into that menu, and I'm afraid removing the mod, then re-installing will mess up settings on all my craft. Which I'm sure is a mod conflict with some other mod, not your mod's fault. but that was the reason I was asking if there was a hot-key combo to access the menu.

Edited by vardicd

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

Yeah that's my problem, the icon doesn't show up. it was there until I set the chutes to auto arm when staged. after I changed that option, the menu button icon disappeared, now I can't get back into that menu, and I'm afraid removing the mod, then re-installing will mess up settings on all my craft. Which I'm sure is a mod conflict with some other mod, not your mod's fault. but that was the reason I was asking if there was a hot-key combo to access the menu.

There's not. It's the button. If it's not there, you screwed something up. Try restarting the game. If not, same three steps:

1. KSP version
  2. RealChute version
  3. Logs.

Alternatively, you can just go in GameData/RealChute/Plugins/PluginData/RealChute_Settings.cfg, open it up and set autoArm to false

Edited by stupid_chris

2 hours ago, stupid_chris said:

There's not. It's the button. If it's not there, you screwed something up. Try restarting the game. If not, same three steps:

1. KSP version
  2. RealChute version
  3. Logs.

Alternatively, you can just go in GameData/RealChute/Plugins/PluginData/RealChute_Settings.cfg, open it up and set autoArm to false

Oh, I am 100%percent sure I've borked something or got a mod conflict, because My main mechjeb menu button wont show up half the time. The problem has persisted for several days through multiple restarts. still thank you, knowing how to edit the config manually will be enough. thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm having the same issue. As of today, for no apparent reason the mod ceases to function and all my parachutes deploy way too slow resulting in hard contact with the ground. I don't get the icon in the space center, and the toggle info button only shows me info in the VAB. I can't seem to be able to change my parachutes anymore. Removing the mod destroys my savegame.

Edit: Found the issue, apparently the version on CKAN is krakened. Downloaded it manually and it works fine.

Edited by DaniWesNL

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Speedster159 said:

Seems a tad fiddly than I remember. Can't it be on the right click menu?

Last time I've played KSP was in .25.

The right click menu was added as a bypass to career mode idiocy. Ideally it would not be (and won't be in the future either) at all in the right click menu.

Edited by stupid_chris

Is there some way to search within a thread?  There are 153 pages and I am searching for any information on setting up realchute with duna.  When I enter duna in the search bar at the top it searches the entire forum and I get 6 billion hits and 32000 pages!!!!!!!  I just want to search THIS thread not every thread in the forum!!!!!

2 minutes ago, ctbram said:

Is there some way to search within a thread?

Yes, but because of the great 2015 forum downgrade derp it's not immediately obvious: When you click to place the cursor in the search box at the top right of the page, it should expand and show "All Content" immediately to the left. Click on this to expand the dropdown menu and select "This Topic" before submitting the search. The term 'duna' will still net you 2 pages worth though.

6 minutes ago, stupid_chris said:

You sure do realize that *everything*, even Bing, is better than the VB search engine, right?

True, though I never had any real issue with it myself. I was actually referring to this strange fetish for hiding functionality behind pointless animations.

I still wouldnt call that a downgrade, but eh. Anyway this is drifting off.

Small status update: I'm back to work after a short pause. I wanted to enjoy a bit the holidays by seeing what the big fuss about the new Fallout is (and after nearly 80h of gameplay, I can say it's worth every cap they're charging), and then I was met with memory issues on my laptop, which seem to be fixed now. Got stuck in some bureaucratic hell as I'm transferring universities too, but things seem to be back on track. Hopefully I can get all of RealChute 2 together for mid March :)

Sooo, second update on the same subject; methink my laptop is good for the spare pieces. Previously said memory issues turned out to be driver issues, likely network card related. I ended up still being met with frequent BSoD when browsing the internet, and total inability to run Windows Update. Ended up refreshing my laptop and installing Windows 10 over it. It seems to be running fine now, but with this, combined with the fact that my extended warranty is expiring as of today and that the outside casing of my laptop is starting to disintegrate, it calls for a new laptop, which should probably come around in less than two weeks. Things should get better following that :P

So I've just started having some problems with RealChute, looked through recent postings and not sure if I could find anything about it or not, people seemed to be having a problem but not sure if it is the same issue as mine.

Before I took a break from KSP, RealChute, and other chutes, were placed in their own category, a product of RealChute I presume, and after coming back and updating, I couldn't for the life of me find any chute in any categories, the separate tab had disappeared.

Though I can work around the issue, by creating another category in the advanced tab thingo (Just had an idea on if I can change/add the tabs myself somehow, so I'll give that a go, and remove this if it works) so it's not that game breaking.

Love these chutes by the way, can never go back to the vanilla chutes.

@Cherkz

With such a detailed report full of juicy informative logs, I can't help but help you, eh?

I'll need your KSP version and the full output_log.txt (if on windows), else, I think the support forums can point you to the equivalent log on your platform.

Edited by stupid_chris

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one having trouble downloading from Kerbalstuff today?

EDIT: Nevermind, the Kerbalstuff link is working again. I guess their servers just went down for a little while.

Edited by DSD54

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.