[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

7 hours ago, stupid_chris said:

And done, here we go.

December 2nd 2015 (second take)
v1.3.2.6
-Reuploaded with the correct binaries, not the RealChute 2 ones, won't crash anymore. Sorry.

Sorry about that guys :P

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

17 hours ago, stupid_chris said:

And done, here we go.

December 2nd 2015 (second take)
v1.3.2.6
-Reuploaded with the correct binaries, not the RealChute 2 ones, won't crash anymore. Sorry.

Sorry about that guys :P

Thanks for the quick correction!

I knew something was off, I'm glad I waited a day before reinstalling my whole game.  YAY for not having to restart my hard mode, heavily modded career save!

13 hours ago, stupid_chris said:

I just choked on my hot chocolate. Goddamn you.

At least it didn't go all over the keyboard. Errr it didn't go in the keyboard, right...?

(I remember enjoying an excellent morning of SFC 3 on a certain day off that was suddenly cut short by a cup of hot java in the keyboard... had to run down to Best Buy for a replacement real quick)

2 hours ago, Starwaster said:

At least it didn't go all over the keyboard. Errr it didn't go in the keyboard, right...?

(I remember enjoying an excellent morning of SFC 3 on a certain day off that was suddenly cut short by a cup of hot java in the keyboard... had to run down to Best Buy for a replacement real quick)

If it had got on the keyboard it might have meant replacing a 1.3k$ laptop so :P

Not sure why but under CKAN using version 1.04 (I play RP-0) version 1.3.2.5 of this mod is downloaded which prevents you from disconnecting pieces. Yes, for some reason RealChutes version 1.3.2.5 on KSP 1.04 makes it so that connecting a stock tank to a stock module prevents you from separating them.

I tested this using only RealChutes installed.

I don't know how CKAN works but the latest version for KSP 1.04 is 1.3.2.3 of RealChutes,

Hi to everyone.

Using 1.3.2.5 broke VAB for me, it was impossible to detach pieces after having attached them together. After hours trying to find a solution I finally figured this mod was to blame (had just updated it with ckan), so I updated it to 1.3.2.6. Sadly now there are no parachutes parts in the VAB. Can anybody upload 1.3.2,3 or tell where to find it? Edit: of course i'm on ksp 1.0.4

On 6/12/2015, 19:29:08, Starwaster said:

I think you need to talk to the CKAN people. Chris doesn't manage RC's CKAN entry at all, someone else did that.

Still, they should be alerted. I'm guessing lots of people are being affected by this.

Edited by Oromis

12 hours ago, Oromis said:

I'm guessing lots of people are being affected by this.

1.3.2.5 was a touch broken IIRC, but I'm running 1.3.2.6 without issues... perhaps more information (i.e. logs, other mods etc.) are in order?
Have you tried reinstalling manually? CKAN has been known to break things, usually by leaving stuff lying around in GameData.

12 hours ago, Oromis said:

Edit: of course i'm on ksp 1.0.4

Edit: Ah, I see.
Here's 1.3.2.3, pulled from my 1.0.4 archive, hopefully Chris doesn't mind.

Aside, here's another reason to have backups, especially if running an old KSP version. Why people don't is :confused:

Edited by steve_v

@steve_v Are you on 1.0.4 or .5? Thanks for the file, you're right I should backup. I'm too lazy.

I'll be more specific. I have the complete RO/RSS pack on ksp 1.0.4 (that's why I haven't yet updated to 1.0.5), no other mods except maybe KER. In my case, I simply updated RealChute using CKAN, and the new version was 1.3.2.5. That broke the VAB editor... 1.3.2.6 fixed it, but no parachute parts.

What I meant about CKAN, is that it is now offering 1.3.2.5 to many many people using it... and probably causing a lot of issues in VAB ^^ 1.3.2.6 still isn't on the platform.
Also, if 1.3.2.6 is supposed to only be for ksp 1.0.5, ckan should be set to offer the old version (.3) to 1.0.4 users and the new one (.6) to 1.0.5 users. Just as it does for other mods.

So many numbers here :P

22 minutes ago, Oromis said:

Are you on 1.0.4 or .5?

1.0.5, but I have snapshots of my installs back to 0.18 or so.

1.3.2.6 works a treat on 1.0.5 (and is in CKAN for 1.0.5), dunno about 1.0.4 though.
This is one of several reasons I don't use CKAN, IME its version control system is questionable at best. It's pushed broken/incompatible mod versions more than once before.
For now, I'd just stick with what you have and not update anything as updates to 1.0.4 mods are going to be sparse now that 1.0.5 is out.

All in all, it's not RealChutes problem that CKAN offers up the wrong versions - go bug the CKAN guys for that.

Edited by steve_v
Stupid, stupid editor.

@Starwaster @stupid_chris

thx guys for adjusting edge of atmo drag for realchute, it seems that ballutes work nicely in upper atmo so I could set max temperature close to zylon properties so around 650-750C and it holds up nicely. Also new temp equation doesn't have weird spikes so braking under time acceleration is safe / I don't need crazy numbers to get it to work:)

Edited by riocrokite

10 hours ago, Oromis said:

Hi to everyone.

Using 1.3.2.5 broke VAB for me, it was impossible to detach pieces after having attached them together. After hours trying to find a solution I finally figured this mod was to blame (had just updated it with ckan), so I updated it to 1.3.2.6. Sadly now there are no parachutes parts in the VAB. Can anybody upload 1.3.2,3 or tell where to find it? Edit: of course i'm on ksp 1.0.4

Still, they should be alerted. I'm guessing lots of people are being affected by this.

All the previous downloads are always available on KerbalStuff. New versions are never made to be backwads compatible unless specified. If you don't update KSP, you shouldn't be able to update your mods either.

9 hours ago, steve_v said:

1.3.2.5 was a touch broken IIRC, but I'm running 1.3.2.6 without issues... perhaps more information (i.e. logs, other mods etc.) are in order?
Have you tried reinstalling manually? CKAN has been known to break things, usually by leaving stuff lying around in GameData.

Edit: Ah, I see.
Here's 1.3.2.3, pulled from my 1.0.4 archive, hopefully Chris doesn't mind.

Aside, here's another reason to have backups, especially if running an old KSP version. Why people don't is :confused:

Luckily I do not mind, else that would be a direct infringement of my license and that could've scored you an infraction :P It's safer to message me about it next time. Or as I said, to link to the versions on KerbalStuff.

7 hours ago, riocrokite said:

@Starwaster @stupid_chris

thx guys for adjusting edge of atmo drag for realchute, it seems that ballutes work nicely in upper atmo so I could set max temperature close to zylon properties so around 650-750C and it holds up nicely. Also new temp equation doesn't have weird spikes so braking under time acceleration is safe / I don't need crazy numbers to get it to work:)

Lead melts at 330C and aluminum at 660. I hope you know how ridiculous that thing is.

27 minutes ago, stupid_chris said:

All the previous downloads are always available on KerbalStuff. New versions are never made to be backwads compatible unless specified. If you don't update KSP, you shouldn't be able to update your mods either.

Luckily I do not mind, else that would be a direct infringement of my license and that could've scored you an infraction :P It's safer to message me about it next time. Or as I said, to link to the versions on KerbalStuff.

Lead melts at 330C and aluminum at 660. I hope you know how ridiculous that thing is.

well actually Zylon is heat resistant up to 650C, so it's quite ok

http://csrbraids.com/index.php/zylon-fiber.html

edit: ballutes in their original form aren't quite useful for stock planets size since they are too small (and then their atmospheres) so the duration when you 'touch' upper atmosphere is too short. Therefore I had to up some of values to account for that.

Edited by riocrokite

There *will* be an eject button :P Does not mean it will be pretty. I mean it'll literally pop the kerbal out of the pod, give it a chute, a tap in the back, push it off, and activate the chute. If there's a booster or whatever in the way, well that'll be a goddamn shame

2 hours ago, stupid_chris said:

Good thing you're such a nice guy then, innit. ;)
Anyhow, served it's purpose, consider it gone.

1 hour ago, stupid_chris said:

There *will* be an eject button :P Does not mean it will be pretty. I mean it'll literally pop the kerbal out of the pod, give it a chute, a tap in the back, push it off, and activate the chute. If there's a booster or whatever in the way, well that'll be a goddamn shame

Doesn't need to be more. That's all I was hoping for.

Seems that my "Abort" button will actually do something in the future. :D

Edited by DocMop

10 hours ago, stupid_chris said:

There's a lot of people a lot more knowledgeable on the subject who don't agree and there's a lot of published data on the subject that says it is possible.

Bottom line is that peak heating will result temperatures of 400-500C which is within the limits of the materials being studied.

Is there a button or button combo that brings up the Real chutes config menu in game? When I first started my new game, I set realchutes to auto arm when deployed, but with some of my designs this is causing me problems and I want to turn it off, but the menu for realchutes no longer shows up, and I'm not sure why, but I suspect mod conflict issues, as sometimes when I start my game certain mechjeb windows and menus don't show up in my toolbars either. I thought I remembered Ctrl-H being hotkey for realchutes menu but that doesn't work. :( Any help would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, vardicd said:

Is there a button or button combo that brings up the Real chutes config menu in game? When I first started my new game, I set realchutes to auto arm when deployed, but with some of my designs this is causing me problems and I want to turn it off, but the menu for realchutes no longer shows up, and I'm not sure why, but I suspect mod conflict issues, as sometimes when I start my game certain mechjeb windows and menus don't show up in my toolbars either. I thought I remembered Ctrl-H being hotkey for realchutes menu but that doesn't work. :( Any help would be appreciated.

It's in the Space Center, there's an icon top right :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.