[0.24] Bargain Rocket Parts v1.1 - Bust out the duct tape, we're going to space!

Rubber Ducky

can you use tree-loader for the tech tree addition? or have a version that doesent change stock parts around? i have a heavily modded version of KSP and im afraid the moved stock parts ( if there is, if not ignore this) might cause incompatibility

I might use TreeLoader eventually - I don't like some things about how it works currently. If you delete BargainRockets.cfg from the addon folder, it will not modify any stock parts and Bargain Rocket Parts will not be in career mode. If, for some reason, you still want the BR parts in career mode without modifying stock ones, just open that file and delete everything below the //Stock Parts line.

In my private role-play game:

[radio voice]

The Kermanicans have landed an Apollo craft on the Mun!

Meanwhile, the Koviet Union has landed a cardboard box on Duna!

[/radio voice]

Edited by OrtwinS
formatting & typo

Hehehe....Reminds me of an older mod that had wooden barrels for parts.

How about a heatshield/pizza warmer?

Just after I installed KSP first, I discovered that mod - it's called Whacky Wood Wares. I instantly wanted to install it, but sadly, it was already outdated at that time.

Bahahaha, this is amazing!

I'll never use it, but my hat's off to you regardless. =) Thanks for the laugh!

*edit: In a somewhat similar vein, I hope someone creates a steampunk mod. Coal-burning, steam-powered, cast iron rockets? Yes please.

Edited by little square dot

Just after I installed KSP first, I discovered that mod - it's called Whacky Wood Wares. I instantly wanted to install it, but sadly, it was already outdated at that time.

Ooooo. Just had a thought. Should be possible to mod the game to make a close binary planet like Land and Overland in Bob Shaw's wooden spaceships trilogy or Ice and Fire in one season of LEXX.

The pack needs a three man command pod made from a Tilt-a-Whirl capsule.

Ooooo. Just had a thought. Should be possible to mod the game to make a close binary planet like Land and Overland in Bob Shaw's wooden spaceships trilogy or Ice and Fire in one season of LEXX.

The pack needs a three man command pod made from a Tilt-a-Whirl capsule.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Is it science fiction? The only scifi I ever read was the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

"Yo way yo ... "

If that's from H2G2, it's too long since I read it. I also read it in Danish, so I might not have gotten all of the english expressions. If you were not commenting on me, which would be infinitely improbable, well... don't panic.

The Tilt-a-Whirl pod is what the kids in the "Explorers" book and movie used as a space capsule. Read the book before seeing the movie, it's much better. The end of the movie is kinda stupid.

The battle song of the Bruunen-G. http://lexx.wikia.com/wiki/Yo_Way_Yo

Skip to the 3:04 mark for the first appearance in the LEXX TV series http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XspbfrR4YIk

Would be nice to have some plane parts, but I'm loving these extreme-low-budget parts. They make the game properly difficult while maintaining fun.

Also, would be nice to have a bundle of fireworks taped together as a solid rocket booster. Bonus points if it screeches on the way up.

I found the inside of the box capsule to be very dark when on the night side, maybe a string of Christmas lights on the inside so you can see the "instruments"

I'll definitely look into actual lighting for the IVA.

question. is there a way to modify the config so that I can use this without losing the basic parts?:confused:

Again (and maybe I should clarify this in the OP), but the usual starting parts are all moved to later tech nodes - every stock part is still in the tree somewhere!

If you want the now-overpowered stock parts to appear along with this pack's parts at the beginning of career mode, just open BargainRockets.cfg and delete everything underneath "//Stock Parts". If you want to remove this pack from affecting career mode altogether, just delete that cfg file.