[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

Does anyone have a config file for SpacePlanes+? I've tried every way I can think of to forum search, and it isn't smart enough (or I'm not?) to find a solution.

Problem: All SP+ parts are just black, I figure its a texture management conflict?

Disregard, I was confusing my d12 parts with spaceplane. Updated Green skull configs fixed it all.

Edited by Pondafarr

Hi,

2 questions - 1 Planet factory not bein compressed??

2 how can I disable a folder - I saw a post a few pages back...neried ribbons isnt working...

I am in pain here - I am resorting to remove my mods I dont see how this could be a mod conflict. I need the neried folder not to be enabled for compression...help !

I just verified that I need to do this...mua i cant play until I get this fixed...mua !

(Well lookin thru about 50 pages I finally found a hint - text tcfg files located in Boulder Colorado 'NOT' the active texture directory - I found the neried.tcfg and disabled for active textures...I will report if this works ! The problem is that there are 2 dirs:

active texture cache in the active texture dir

boulder colorado texture compressed...why 2 when some are duplicated? Different files to handle?

Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

I've tried all ways to solve the RPM / ATM problem. If I find a way I will make a config. But for now a blacklist config is the way to go and will be included in future packs.

Thanks go to Einarr for help in solving this issue.

So to fix the ATM / ASET RPM issue use this config - Download here: ASET Blacklist Config

Sorry if this seems silly, but where do i put it?

problem, i want atm to go a bit easy on KSO IVA, i have capsuledyne RCC and near future command capsule that doesnt undergo any compression at all, and stock command pods go normal compression for the AGRESSIVE version i use, so;

how do i make it compress capsuldyne and near future, how do i make it less agressive on KSO (only) how do i make it stand still on stock and b9s for now

whenever i do a config file change, weather it is config change taht i recived help earlier from this thread about iva compression ,or changing ONLY kso config file and still everything goes like basic texture management, it compleatly shuts down agressive use

Didn't seem to work for me. I put the ActiveTextureManagement folder into the:

KSP/GameData folder so its like:

KSP/GameData/ActiveTextureManagement

Doesnt seem to help or do anything. Did I do something wrong? Where to get additional configs for other mods, and where to put em?

I think many people could use a more detailed description on how to use it.

Didn't seem to work for me. I put the ActiveTextureManagement folder into the:

KSP/GameData folder so its like:

KSP/GameData/ActiveTextureManagement

Doesnt seem to help or do anything. Did I do something wrong? Where to get additional configs for other mods, and where to put em?

I think many people could use a more detailed description on how to use it.

You need an additional folder, BoulderCo, to contain the configs (GameData\BoulderCo\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs). It should be in the download. As for additional configs, Green Skull has made a few packs but I believe they have been incorporated into the OP.

The guy managed to implement texture compression with a *plugin*.

What is Squad doing that they haven't addressed this properly yet? I'm okay without new content, mods are for that, but at least make the game engine solid please.

What is Squad doing that they haven't addressed this properly yet?

For a start, Squad is kinda busy getting the game scope-complete. Fixing bugs, making the actual game code so modders can access and use it etc.. Secondly, texture compression is of no real concern to them - in a stock install as released by the devs, there's no need for it - there just aren't enough textures to warrant compression. But, as I've said before, it would behove Squad to change that outlook in the future because A, the stock game is only going to get bigger and B, there are plenty of popular and large mods around and Squad isn't exactly hostile to modders.

this mod needs updating, it does indeed break some other mods, like final frontier

This also works fine for me, you will need to look at your other mods ATM is not the culprit. Final Frontier does not work if you have mods that add more planets, period.

Might be that

Uh, KSP (Unity) *always* compresses textures (with a couple exceptions: do-not-compress-flagged MBMs and all TGAs will be left uncompressed by design). ATM doesn't change that. It does let you selectively turn compression on and off for specified textures, so that you can compress (or not compress) those files as desired. It also allows you to scale down textures, which (again) KSP does too: that's what the "Texture Resolution: High/Medium/Low" does. It's just that ATM does all of this *better*, and with more flexibility and options, than KSP.