Stranded in Kerbuniverse...

diomedea

Howdy all.

Used to believe to be 'nuff good at astronavigation... however somehow got sucked by a strange wormhole and now am on this side, only sentient beings to be found are green and big-eyed. Oh, and most forumites, though they don't physically show on any planet here, just on my comms devices. No, the green beings are not on the forum. Here they call themselves ... Kerbsmen or something that way. They speak strangely, y' know.

Hope this 'crew report' someway gets across. I need science points, maybe I will discover how to get back in the 'normal universe'. Someday.

BTW, it seems these Kerbs want me to try use their facilites and build something to move around a bit. Even more, the most prominent pilots here are glad if I can help with a few tricks...

So, I will see if I could be of any help to them. Oh, yes, also with forumites, though at the moment I will most often ask them about things.

- END OF REPORT -

Hi, John. Nice to meet some helping soul this side.

Well, there are many things that work strangely and I could enjoy a helpful hand.

Would like some thorough in-depth reference manual about KSP, as I couldn't find one yet (or I'm blind, or the search tools here don't reaally work...). Lots of tutorials, viddeotutorials. But can't spend hours to see them all and find nothing relevant to my needs.

I have to discover most of KSP features/possibilites myself, by trial and error. E.g., why is it that my rockets go boom on the launchpad, what secret is in those tanks to make them swivel and detach even before the countdown begins? Why I don't have all the buttons on my command pod (read: joystick) recognised and working here?

well for ya tutorials you should check out some vids by the author name of Scott Manley on YouTube, learn't everything i know from him! well the boom on the launch pad will be your rocket is too big for the thing keeping it on the launch pad (eg launch clamps, engines, that kinda thing) but for the other questions head to gameplay questions and tutorials, that should help ya more than i can!

Yeah, I will. eventually. find time to go through those vids and raise my hands and call mission control (Squad technos) about my hardware rig.

But finding things myself is one of the most rewarding feelings here on Kerbin, so I am also tempted to try, and try harder each time, with rocket building to find how to build a proper heavylifter.

I have to discover most of KSP features/possibilites myself, by trial and error.
That's how we all do it. It's part of the fun. And by the way, it's because the game is not finished yet, so any manual they tried to issue would be obsolete before it could get to us. If you have specific questions, though, you can pose them in the gameplay questions sub-forum.

@ Vanamonde: absolutely concur (yes I'm repeating my thought: finding things myself is one of the most rewarding feelings...). But thanks, since I tried KSP for the first time I have continued to believe to be missing documentation on it, and it could be only my fault not being good enough to find. I have already gone through pages 'n pages of threads about gameplay questions, thanks. Some good finds there.