[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

I've been having troubles with the launch pad not loading all of the resources needed, only rocket parts. It doesn't build due to the lacking resources but it only shows rocketparts. I had a previous heavily modded KSP that it worked in but in a clean KSP it doesn't load. Any suggestions?

I've been having troubles with the launch pad not loading all of the resources needed, only rocket parts. It doesn't build due to the lacking resources but it only shows rocketparts. I had a previous heavily modded KSP that it worked in but in a clean KSP it doesn't load. Any suggestions?

The new version of Extraplanetary Launchpads only uses rocket parts until the ship is complete, and loads fuel only then. You need smart kerbals in productive areas like the new Workshop. Right-click on a crewable part and check the "total productivity" value; it needs to be positive. There was a more detailed discussion of this a few posts back.

klokkolee: so long as you supply RocketParts, EL doesn't care whence they come. EL only defines Ore, and Metal is specifically generated only by the recycling bins (unless Kethane is not installed, then it generates RocketParts).

Hey guys i have a quick question. So i sent up to the moon a scanner and i found some nice 19k ore deposits and landed a miner and a smelter. I linked them together using kas and i noticed i'm not mining ore as i use it? So i sent one mine with the augers and one with the kethane drills. Neither seem to mine, is there a fix to this or whats wrong? Tell me if you need screenshot or anything.

Edited by taylorabc101

- - - Updated - - -

taylorabc101: are you actually in the hex? Do the drills penetrate the surface?

the kethane large drills are in the ground. i didnt even go threw with the auger because i right clicked on it and it wont extend or retract. And it has no animation will it still work? BTW the kethane drill works for kethane just not ore.

the kethane large drills are in the ground. i didnt even go threw with the auger because i right clicked on it and it wont extend or retract. And it has no animation will it still work? BTW the kethane drill works for kethane just not ore.

That all sounds correct. The augers have no animation, but will work just fine as long as the tips are below the surface.

The kethane drills are only supposed to drill for kethane. It is possible to mod the config files for them to drill ore also if you want.

Best still is to use BahamutoD's drills - there's a link on the first post.

I think what I was attempting to ask was: "would I be able to make parts from this mod create rocket parts using other materials than kethane by only editing configuration files"

Yes, it's very easy. Here's an example I got from much earlier in the thread:

@PART[kethane_1m_converter]
{
MODULE
{
name = KethaneConverter
InputRates
{
Ore = 1.742
ElectricCharge = 7.5
}
OutputRatios
{
Metal = 0.699431
}
}
}

You change the resources and quantities to anything you want, then change the @part reference to the part you want to modify. Save that into a .cfg file somewhere under your gamedata folder (name it whatever you want, just give it a .cfg extension). Then (because you have the ModuleManager plugin installed) the ModuleManager will load it when KSP loads and add the KethaneConverter config to the part you selected.

In my 0.23 career, I'm using EL 4.0.3. I started a build from a pad on a space station in orbit, then switched to a nearby ship. The active ship waited a few hours of game time for a transfer window, during which it drifted in and out of loading range of the station a couple of times. Each time the station with the pad loaded, RemoteTech2 stopped warp and MechJeb immediately returned to warp. While I was flying the other ship outside loading range of the pad, I hard-killed KSP and reloaded from the last autosave to revert a mistake I had forgotten to quicksave before.

When I switched back to the station to check how much progress I had made, the build hasn't spawned, there's no build progress bar, and there's no option to start a new build. In my save file, the pad is in state "dewarping."

I'm guessing that something in the sequence of when the pad was loaded and unloaded caused it to be saved in "dewarping", and loading a vessel with a pad that was saved in "dewarping" doesn't restart the finish-the-build sequence.

Any advice on the best way to fix the save, and any advice on what not to do next time?

In my 0.23 career, I'm using EL 4.0.3. I started a build from a pad on a space station in orbit, then switched to a nearby ship. The active ship waited a few hours of game time for a transfer window, during which it drifted in and out of loading range of the station a couple of times. Each time the station with the pad loaded, RemoteTech2 stopped warp and MechJeb immediately returned to warp. While I was flying the other ship outside loading range of the pad, I hard-killed KSP and reloaded from the last autosave to revert a mistake I had forgotten to quicksave before.

When I switched back to the station to check how much progress I had made, the build hasn't spawned, there's no build progress bar, and there's no option to start a new build. In my save file, the pad is in state "dewarping."

I'm guessing that something in the sequence of when the pad was loaded and unloaded caused it to be saved in "dewarping", and loading a vessel with a pad that was saved in "dewarping" doesn't restart the finish-the-build sequence.

Any advice on the best way to fix the save, and any advice on what not to do next time?

The only suggestion is to update to a newer version

The only suggestion is to update to a newer version

The next version after 4.0.3 was compiled against 0.23.5. Could be other issues with trying to use it on 0.23. I'm also not sure that updating the mod will do anything to unwedge a pad that's already in an unexpected state. I'll try to find a backup save where the pad was in "building" state and roll it back to 99% complete.

If it works, I'll report what I did in case it helps anyone else.

undercoveryankee: Try editing the save file (after making a backup) and change the state for the pad from Dewarping to Complete. It looks like I need to do that automatically when loading a game.

I shall try that. however, I seem to be having crash issues that probably involve my inability to find the correct version for ksp .23 or a missing piece in the download(you mentioned module manager, which I do not see)

Edited by klikkolee

undercoveryankee: Try editing the save file (after making a backup) and change the state for the pad from Dewarping to Complete. It looks like I need to do that automatically when loading a game.

Looks like setting state = Complete would do the right thing in EL 4.1, with the "Finalize build" button in the GUI. In EL 4.0, setting state = Complete gets me a "Release" button but doesn't actually spawn any parts.

What worked for EL 4.0 was to set the state to Building, then scroll down to the BuiltStuff node and change the remaining RocketParts cost from 0 to 5. The 5 RocketParts was to keep the build from finishing while KJR was still "stabilizing physics load" in case finishing the build the instant the station loaded would cause more shenanigans.