[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

47 minutes ago, somenoob said:

Hello, i created this account becouse i have a problem with the mod where the stakes and workshop are not appering in the game, also the production is always at 0, i know this was probably answered a milion times but i couldnt find an answer, does anyone know?

Standard "need more info"  KSP version, mod versions screenshot of your gamedata folder etc.

10 hours ago, somenoob said:

Hello, i created this account becouse i have a problem with the mod where the stakes and workshop are not appering in the game, also the production is always at 0, i know this was probably answered a milion times but i couldnt find an answer, does anyone know?

This mod really needs a better in game manual, as goldenpsp said give more info about your game and mod. If you can include some pictures or video of your craft and the problem.

Workshops need "Clever" Engineers so cram it full of Engineers with very low stupidity stats and the productivity will improve. Are you using a mod manager like CKAN? if your mod was not installed correctly then you won't see the parts.

make sure you use low stupidity engineers and scientists. make sure you have them with atleast a.star to improve their rates  ( keep jeb FAR AWAY) make sure your assembly building has 4 workers, lowest stupidity possible and non pilots.  also use several stakes in a flatish area , 3 to set origin and x and y . and put a 4th atop something thru kis/kas attaching so your build is above ground. better yet, if you use single post to build, make sure the object your building is suspended a bit over the vab floor with launch clamps to prevent fly away

ok tnx for replys, i sadly cant post pictures cuz when i do my computer goes crazy and i cant even close chrome, so i will post the names of files or anything else if needed

ksp version: 1.1.3

mod version: v5.4.0

i dont use a mod manager, but i installed these mods: module manager 2.6.25 , KIS 1.2.12 , nearfuturetech, , outer planets mod, mechjeb, planetary base systems and the kopernicus plugin

all mods work perfectly fine, including the extraplaneray lounchpads, the only 2 parts that wont show are the stakes, the recycling bin and the workshop. They definitly are in the mod however since they have files in the parts folder (stakes have a .cfg, a .png and a .mu folder)

All comand modules also have 0 productivity, even if they are full with smart engineers which have very low stupidity. the productivity also doesnt work becouse when i attach a rocket builder (the huge pole with stairs on it) that has a productivity of 1, it still shows 0 productivity.

Edited by somenoob

14 minutes ago, somenoob said:

ok tnx for replys, i sadly cant post pictures cuz when i do my computer goes crazy and i cant even close chrome, so i will post the names of files or anything else if needed

ksp version: 1.1.3

mod version: v5.4.0

i dont use a mod manager, but i installed these mods: module manager 2.6.25 , KIS 1.2.12 , nearfuturetech, , outer planets mod, mechjeb, planetary base systems and the kopernicus plugin

all mods work perfectly fine, including the extraplaneray lounchpads, the only 2 parts that wont show are the stakes, the recycling bin and the workshop. They definitly are in the mod however since they have files in the parts folder (stakes have a .cfg, a .png and a .mu folder)

All comand modules also have 0 productivity, even if they are full with smart engineers which have very low stupidity. the productivity also doesnt work becouse when i attach a rocket builder (the huge pole with stairs on it) that has a productivity of 1, it still shows 0 productivity.

I don't see the mention of KIS (Kerbal Inventory system) but it is required to use the stakes.  The most common issue with parts not showing up is an incorrect installation (assuming you have tested in sandbox and it isn't just a silly career unlock issue).

A screenshot would be useful for troubleshooting.  This is what a gamedata folder should look like.

IAG9HFM.png

1 minute ago, goldenpsp said:

I don't see the mention of KIS (Kerbal Inventory system) but it is required to use the stakes.  The most common issue with parts not showing up is an incorrect installation (assuming you have tested in sandbox and it isn't just a silly career unlock issue).

A screenshot would be useful for troubleshooting.  This is what a gamedata folder should look like.

IAG9HFM.png

He does mention it: KIS 1.2.12

i have indeed tested it in sandbox and career and it doesnt show up, i am assuming the folder you highlited is from another mod, becouse i dont have that one and it doesnt show up in my mod download. i installed the mod from the link on this forum. Could it be my antivirus deletes some files?

Edited by somenoob

i have indeed tested it in sandbox and career and it doesnt show up, i am assuming the folder you highlited is from another mod, becouse i dont have that one and it doesnt show up in my mod download. i installed the mod from the link on this forum and when i open it shows folders for texutures, plugins,agencies, etc.,..... but it doesnt show any gamedata folder like other mods have . Could it be my antivirus deletes some files?

46 minutes ago, somenoob said:

i have indeed tested it in sandbox and career and it doesnt show up, i am assuming the folder you highlited is from another mod, becouse i dont have that one and it doesnt show up in my mod download. i installed the mod from the link on this forum and when i open it shows folders for texutures, plugins,agencies, etc.,..... but it doesnt show any gamedata folder like other mods have . Could it be my antivirus deletes some files?

I think you have made a mistake somewhere with the install. Try a mod manager like CKAN, it will make sure you have all the dependencies and that the files are installed correctly. You can always reinstall on your own afterwards if you really want to.

7 hours ago, somenoob said:

Correct it is an old screenshot.  You may not have all the same mods, but it was to help you compare to your own.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that you have it installed wrong.  Since you cannot show me your gamedata folder I showed you a working one.  At this point without seeing your gamedata folder I cannot help any further.

In KSP, the path is absolutely critical.  If the mod is set to find the parts under gamedata\ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads\Parts  then that is the ONLY path that works.  If you change a folder name to say gamedata\EPL\  It won't work.  If you move any paths around in any way, it won't work.

51 minutes ago, somenoob said:

OK i installed the mod manager and its amazing, now everything works, including this mod, goldenpsp and Johnny, you da real MWPs!

Glad it helped.  I would honestly recommend that you look at your gamedata folder now, and see if you can determine what you did wrong manually.  CKAN isn't perfect, and not all mods are necessarily on CKAN, so understanding how to properly load mods is still a useful piece of knowledge.

On 2016-09-21 at 1:54 PM, goldenpsp said:

Glad it helped.  I would honestly recommend that you look at your gamedata folder now, and see if you can determine what you did wrong manually.  CKAN isn't perfect, and not all mods are necessarily on CKAN, so understanding how to properly load mods is still a useful piece of knowledge.

@somenoob, this is very good advice and will pay benefits throughout your time with KSP.

I'm running 1.1.3 (32 and 64 bit version) and the newest EL 5.4 But the "show UI" button is not shown in the menu.

Looking at the ksp.log It gives this error:

[ERR 20:05:44.540] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Launchpad': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExTarget' from assembly 'Launchpad, Version=5.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

If I try to google for this error, it seems that the module is compiled incorrectly for unity. Strangely enough I havent compiled it myself. Anybody an idea?

Hello guys, I'm looking to make very specific use of the mod for now. I have a lander topped with a Mk 2 can, and an inline KAS container holding already completely manufactured parts for a rover, along with the mallet and the stakes. What I want is the engineer onboard to assemble the rover at the stake outside.

What module do I need to add the Mk 2 lander can via ModuleManager so that it becomes a (poor) workshop in itself?

On 23-9-2016 at 10:56 PM, SaphireFalcon said:

I'm running 1.1.3 (32 and 64 bit version) and the newest EL 5.4 But the "show UI" button is not shown in the menu.

Looking at the ksp.log It gives this error:

[ERR 20:05:44.540] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Launchpad': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExTarget' from assembly 'Launchpad, Version=5.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

If I try to google for this error, it seems that the module is compiled incorrectly for unity. Strangely enough I havent compiled it myself. Anybody an idea?

I figured it out! By accident I had a subfolder (old_mods) with older mods and in there the old 5.3.2 version in there.

From the error I should have noticed that...;.;

2 hours ago, DDE said:

Hello guys, I'm looking to make very specific use of the mod for now. I have a lander topped with a Mk 2 can, and an inline KAS container holding already completely manufactured parts for a rover, along with the mallet and the stakes. What I want is the engineer onboard to assemble the rover at the stake outside.

What module do I need to add the Mk 2 lander can via ModuleManager so that it becomes a (poor) workshop in itself?

SimpleConstruction adds EPL capabilities to stock parts via MM, you could copy their configs.