Krags PlanetFactory. Updated Jan 22

Kragrathea

OK...well I did a quick test... Hyperedit+ 2.5M pod. The planets themselves work fine. I only had hyperedit+this mod installed. On 4x time acceleration in orbit I got the kraken once I put a tiny amount of input. I am unsure if this is .23 or krag's antikraken Kaboomiam tech. I do not have time to test this, however, it was around both Eve and Skelton, so it is not because I am around a planet-factory planet. If no one checks to see if this is planet factory or .23 I will more extensively test this tommorow.

Yikes. Anyone else seeing this?

OK...well I did a quick test... Hyperedit+ 2.5M pod. The planets themselves work fine. I only had hyperedit+this mod installed. On 4x time acceleration in orbit I got the kraken once I put a tiny amount of input. I am unsure if this is .23 or krag's antikraken Kaboomiam tech. I do not have time to test this, however, it was around both Eve and Skelton, so it is not because I am around a planet-factory planet. If no one checks to see if this is planet factory or .23 I will more extensively test this tommorow.

OK I tested some more.

With planet factory and Hyperedit installed, I checked with a 2.5M pod with SAS in space. On four times warp it started shacking like crazy and rotating - basically like the old SAS just much much worse. It was not,however, throwing itself much more than 2 meters of where it should be according to the orbit I gave it in hyperedit which I assume is due to the tiny eccentricity the Hyper edit gives it. So I went back to check on the old pod I left in orbit last time. This was also gave the same results as last time. I found a tiny parachute I put on it when I tested to make sure .23 didn't break your planet surfaces. I am guessing that vehicle was thrown of course since the center of torque is not where the center of mass is.

I then tested it again on a clean install - infinite fueling into space - and it still spins around with the SAS on in 4x warp. I have concluded that it's the SAS in .23 Unless you recommend otherwise I think I might send in a bug report as this did not happen in .22

So you are saying it is probably not PF but some other problem introduced in 0.23? If so by all means send a bug. :)

OK I tested some more.

With planet factory and Hyperedit installed, I checked with a 2.5M pod with SAS in space. On four times warp it started shacking like crazy and rotating - basically like the old SAS just much much worse. It was not,however, throwing itself much more than 2 meters of where it should be according to the orbit I gave it in hyperedit which I assume is due to the tiny eccentricity the Hyper edit gives it. So I went back to check on the old pod I left in orbit last time. This was also gave the same results as last time. I found a tiny parachute I put on it when I tested to make sure .23 didn't break your planet surfaces. I am guessing that vehicle was thrown of course since the center of torque is not where the center of mass is.

I then tested it again on a clean install - infinite fueling into space - and it still spins around with the SAS on in 4x warp. I have concluded that it's the SAS in .23 Unless you recommend otherwise I think I might send in a bug report as this did not happen in .22

Krag,

Why not get all the sun systems to orbit a hyper dense spot in interplanetary space - a kind of 'Black Hole'. The current solarsystemception thing is kinda strange. Im glad to seem more planets being added and (as always) they look awesome. Good luck with the continued development of the mod!

New version coming this weekend that will fix the 0.23 issues. Ultrawarp is broken until then. :(

I have removed the Autoload save stuff in the next version of PF. Use Sirkuts DevHelper instead. Its better.

Yay, thanks Krag, one of my favorite features about your mod is the autowarp!

Will there be a 0.23 version of this mod without serious? Because it's buggy, annoying, and makes no physical sense what so ever (A star orbiting a star of equal mass, what the hell).

Its called Imagination!

I pretend that serious isnt orbiting kerbol its just floating out there in interstellar space. I dont think it is possible to shrink kerbols SOI without bugging out the game but I have no experience in coding what so ever but if it was possible it would probably be done by now. Also I think serious is a nice challenge to get too and thats all that matters.

Its called Imagination!

I pretend that serious isnt orbiting kerbol its just floating out there in interstellar space. I dont think it is possible to shrink kerbols SOI without bugging out the game but I have no experience in coding what so ever but if it was possible it would probably be done by now. Also I think serious is a nice challenge to get too and thats all that matters.

How difficult is it to remove serious for one's self, and move joker to a different orbit?

Will there be a 0.23 version of this mod without serious? Because it's buggy, annoying, and makes no physical sense what so ever (A star orbiting a star of equal mass, what the hell).

Look at what I posted :) I'm in total agreement with how weird it is but there are ways to fix the problem!

How difficult is it to remove serious for one's self, and move joker to a different orbit?

Haven't tried it myself but give hyper edit a shot, in that little plugin you can change the orbits of the different planets.

How hard would it be to impliment science text it uses the default text like crew report near sentar is you have recorded the situation

Heres a crew report near sentar i made up (The rings are gorgeous now you look at the rings and say something and to be interrupted by mission controll

Eva report from innacessable (you feel a sudden pull to your side as you look up it the stars Look weird)

Eva report from thud (the. Crushing gravity makes you feel strange as you look down the gravity moves your blood to your face

Crew report from sentars atmosphere(you look up and you see the rings arching high over head)

I hope you can add science text

Edited by Dooz

Serious is about 1/9 the mass of Kerbol I believe, if you look at the in-game stats. Most stars in the real world are binary, so it does make a lot of sense. You can't even see it unless you're pretty close to it (unfortunately), and it takes almost no extra memory since it looks just like Kerbol.

Breaks how? Never played career mode.

The science archives simply don't show up. It's not a huge deal, but it *is* something that is technically a bug.

I take it to mean that since you don't use Career mode there won't be official support for biomes / science?

Serious is about 1/9 the mass of Kerbol I believe, if you look at the in-game stats. Most stars in the real world are binary, so it does make a lot of sense. You can't even see it unless you're pretty close to it (unfortunately), and it takes almost no extra memory since it looks just like Kerbol.

But it would make a whole lot more sense if it was orbiting something else and not Kerbol. And since Krag seems to be planning a binary system to add ontop of what's already there, it would be better to arrange it in a galaxy-kind of pattern.