BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

@shaw

This mod is pure gold, man. IMMO one of the best by far. Again, Infinite thanks for so much fun time.

And now... May I ask you a few questions before launch my texture pack?:

Could you modify or add a new option for the new IVA suit feature, to keep using the helmet? (ALERT SPOILER: I think is more accurate with the game history, see the science reports at Laythe, as example)

If not, could you do the same but without the jetpack? (looks weird in some IVA suits)

And last one: Any chance of using textures in helmet visors? I made a few experiments with little and big textures, but (as you say) EVA and kerbal visor seems to works only as color and transparency reference for the polygon.

Thank you so much for your time and efforts! Keep on, awesome work!

Edited by Proot

@Motokid: TextureReplacer is not a replacement for Visual Enhancements mod, only for UR + basic Active Memory Reduction mod. It's everything in the first post what are the advantages over UR. In the matter of performance it's much more efficient.

So is the compression mod inside this one kept up to date? For instance rbray just updated it to 2-13.

Edit: 2-14 now..Dude works fast lol.

Also.. where should I be getting my textures from now? Seeing is how UR textures aren't compatible. Now I only use a skybox and one planet at a time. So do I have to convert and rename all my textures? I'm using 5th Horsemans Realistic box which sadly I don't think has a TR version.

Edited by Motokid600

@Motokid: TextureReplacer doesn't include texture compression mod, only a few lines of code from it (and even those were changed). Why you need a TR version? Is it such a problem to rename 7 files (skybox + 1 planet)?

@Motokid: TextureReplacer doesn't include texture compression mod, only a few lines of code from it (and even those were changed). Why you need a TR version? Is it such a problem to rename 7 files (skybox + 1 planet)?

Not just renaming them, but converting them. ( unless I don't have to do this now ). And no it wasn't a problem until I loaded the game up and it froze at the start menu. Now that was my screw up most likely.. So I ended up just going back to UR knowing that worked.

That was months ago. So I'd like to give this another go. Is the file conversion necessary?

Not just renaming them, but converting them. ( unless I don't have to do this now ). And no it wasn't a problem until I loaded the game up and it froze at the start menu. Now that was my screw up most likely.. So I ended up just going back to UR knowing that worked.

That was months ago. So I'd like to give this another go. Is the file conversion necessary?

File conversion is not necessary anymore. Just rename the files and put them in the correct file directory and it works perfectly.

File conversion (PNG. JPEG -> TGA) was never necessary, only recommended as a workaround for a KSP bug. And this bug also affects UR (except planet textures), so you still need to do this conversion for UR if you want your textures to look good.

v0.18 released.

- Atmospheric IVA suits without helmet and jetpack work perfectly now and are enabled by default.

- Visor is can now have a texture, not only a colour set.

- External seat issues fixed.

:confused: So fast and right. I have no words... :kiss:

Edited by Proot

Helmets shouldn't be needed on Laythe either, considering that oxygen is present.

Oxygen is present, yes. EDITED But believe me (please, I don't wanna do any spoilers...) this simply match better with the game history. <-- doesn't matter

Edited by Proot

None of you actually tested it on Laythe, right? Because they don't have helmets there. As they don't on any planet with atmosphere with oxygen and >= 0.5 bar pressure.

This mod needs to be stock. Amazing work.

Here's a suggestion: Could you add an ingame option to let the Kerbal remove the helmet and jetpack at will? Would add some realism and possibly kill kerbals who remove the helmet in space.

YES! That would be waayyy too much fun killing the kerbals who take their helmets off in a inhospitable environment, but I think it would be a great feature to add

Houston, I made a boo boo. Also, I forgot my jetpack. (This is what happens when you get to space whilst riding the rover seats.)

gzsLuPR.png

YES! That would be waayyy too much fun killing the kerbals who take their helmets off in a inhospitable environment, but I think it would be a great feature to add

I dunno. Death by explosions is a little less bleak than this:

SfaoRPc.png

Edited by Endraxial

I had a feeling this would be the case. Damned Rover seats :P

As far as taking off helmets and killing Kerbals though, it seems a bit out of the scope of the mod. Maybe ELCSS would be interested in checking if they have a helmet.

So I've been playing around with this and noticed that you cannot tie a generic head to a generic suit. Is this correct? I assume this is also the case for the IVA suits. The only reason I ask is because I had made a more feminine suit texture for the female heads but it seems to randomly assign the head regardless of what folder the head texture is in.

To be more specific, I would like a kerbal to become immobile and uncontrollable once you take your helmet off in space, so he doesn't disappear but stays floating or lying on the ground forever

That's so bleak. ;~; And awesome. I can't do anything with that Kerbal. He pretty much IS dead as far as my game's concerned. He has no jetpack, no helmet, and he's just doing an excruciatingly slow backflip over Kerbin for the end of time. (Well, until I warp. or the life support mod kills him. Or I close the game. Whoops, I already did! So now he's not doing flips.)

Maybe ELCSS would be interested in checking if they have a helmet.

Mod collab!

Houston, I made a boo boo. Also, I forgot my jetpack. (This is what happens when you get to space whilst riding the rover seats.)

http://i.imgur.com/SfaoRPc.png

The check for helmet-less IVA suit is only performed when Kerbal (model) is spawned, i.e. when you exit capsule or you switch vessels over long distance (> 2.4 km). Performing this check continuously would hurt performance too much. So, this behaviour is intentional, rarely happens (people usually send Kerbals up in capsules, not on external seats) and probably won't be fixed.