BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Im still confused with this mod. Im trying to put it together to replace UR. So I download Endraxial's planet pack and I see the textures names are the same as my sub directory folders.. so do I just drop these in Default? Do I even need the folders?

It says in the OP for instance

Default/KerbinScaledSpace300 // Kerbin

KerbinScaledSpace200 being the name of the folder and Kerbin being the name of the file, no?

And Endraxial's planets.. why is Kerbins texture all white? Its not labaled as a normal map so.. where is the normal map for it? Whats the deal with normal maps, do I need them? Some packs have them others don't.

Lol.. idk why this just isn't going smooth for me.

Edited by Motokid600

Im still confused with this mod. Im trying to put it together to replace UR. So I download Endraxial's planet pack and I see the textures names are the same as my sub directory folders.. so do I just drop these in Default? Do I even need the folders?

It says in the OP for instance

Default/KerbinScaledSpace300 // Kerbin

KerbinScaledSpace200 being the name of the folder and Kerbin being the name of the file, no?

And Endraxial's planets.. why is Kerbins texture all white? Its not labaled as a normal map so.. where is the normal map for it? Whats the deal with normal maps, do I need them? Some packs have them others don't.

KerbinScaledSpace300 is the name of the Kerbin texture. "// Kerbin" is just a comment that tells what that texture is for since textures sometimes have very strange names.

something's not right with the plugin that hides the helmet and backpack when on Kerbin, my Kerbalnauts are taking their helmets off in orbit too.

Uncomment `isAtmSuitEnabled = false` in `GameData/TextureReplacer/PluginData/TextureReplacer/Config.cfg` if you don't want Kerbals taking off their helmets on Kerbin (and Laythe).

And how did it happen that your Kerbals take off helmets in orbit too? It's normal that it happens when you ride to orbit on an external seat or use HyperEdit because it would be too complicated to fix that.

Is there a list of texture pack that are compatible as the other texture replacer mod?

I'm actually to lazy to rename all the files and launch the game several times to check that everything works.

EDIT : Forget, i'm stupid, the first post has been updated.

I'm not very skillful looking inside asserts. Would be awesome to know the name of some textures more, as water (would try to find if doing changes there give us better performances), smokes or the one kerman pod... Someone knows the info?

Let's see, I did a dump of all the asset textures a while back so here's what I can tell you:

Waterbump - the bump/normal(?) map for water?
sea-water1
sea-water8 - clearly water textures, but I'm not sure how they are used. KSP might be using them to interpolate animations

smokepuff1 - seems to be a small smoke particle
smoke - a larger smoke particle
smoke.tex_2 <- this one is a bit odd, since I'm not sure if Texture Replacer can actually do anything with it

That's all I can tell you, but I don't know what you mean 'the one Kerman pod'. A single Kerbal pod?

Edited by Hyomoto

Let's see, I did a dump of all the asset textures a while back so here's what I can tell you:

Waterbump - the bump/normal(?) map for water?
sea-water1
sea-water8 - clearly water textures, but I'm not sure how they are used. KSP might be using them to interpolate animations

smokepuff1 - seems to be a small smoke particle
smoke - a larger smoke particle
smoke.tex_2 <- this one is a bit odd, since I'm not sure if Texture Replacer can actually do anything with it

That's all I can tell you, but I don't know what you mean 'the one Kerman pod'. A single Kerbal pod?

Yup. And thanks for the info! lets see what can I do...

Is there a way to get other unique kerbals like jeb, bob and bill (not just attribute faces for one save)? I know the kerbals are generated by a mix of two syllables, but since there is already a code to fix a face to a kerbal, would it be possible to extend it to make those names come up in other saves, so the effort of giving a face to every kerbal isn't lost?

Uncomment `isAtmSuitEnabled = false` in `GameData/TextureReplacer/PluginData/TextureReplacer/Config.cfg` if you don't want Kerbals taking off their helmets on Kerbin (and Laythe).

And how did it happen that your Kerbals take off helmets in orbit too? It's normal that it happens when you ride to orbit on an external seat or use HyperEdit because it would be too complicated to fix that.

I'm in a circular 145 km orbit over Kerbin, the Kerbalnaut EVAed to an external seat attached to a Kerbal Maneuvering Unit that I designed and lifted on the same rocket, he's fine until he sits in the external seat, but then if he leaves the seat his helmet and pack disappear.

Can I use this with my old Universereplacer mod and set of textures? Like I would leave Universe Replacer in there and add this to the normal data directory and it would just work on those custom textures I have?

It's because of two things. First, the land textures are transparent, because otherwise planets with bodies of water will appear really shiny. The transparency in the image basically removes the light reflection. Second, the image is compressed which is what ends up making the land look white in some image editors. It shouldn't look like that in-game, though.

I have a slight issue with this mod- I only use it for the sexy Kerbals, cause my craptop can't handle anything more fancy than that, but I get odd clipping issues around their mouths when they smile:

Screenshot135.png

Is this something I just have to deal with as a result of my poor spec, or is there something I can do?

Cheers chaps.

I have a slight issue with this mod- I only use it for the sexy Kerbals, cause my craptop can't handle anything more fancy than that, but I get odd clipping issues around their mouths when they smile:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n216/TheREALGabe/Screenshot135.png

Is this something I just have to deal with as a result of my poor spec, or is there something I can do?

Cheers chaps.

Glad you like it!, but I didn't see that artifacts before. I assume that is an effect of low specs at poly count (and maybe an expression defect that you can't see usually using helmet, because you seem to be in space without it). Try to rise the values to see if that persist (not for play), but don't think that be mod's/texture's defect...

Glad you like it!, but I didn't see that artifacts before. I assume that is an effect of low specs at poly count (and maybe an expression defect that you can't see usually using helmet, because you seem to be in space without it). Try to rise the values to see if that persist (not for play), but don't think that be mod's/texture's defect...

That happens on low(est) graphics settings, it's not related to any plugin. I already noticed it back in 0.19 on my laptop.

So after all this time I still cannot get this mod to load.. it freezes at the loading-main menu transition every time..

Heres me folder setup..

http://i.imgur.com/d2LDgaS.jpg?1

and the KSP log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sidip2euezd0ss/KSP.log

Well, you have ALCOR module installed without RasterPropMonitor, which is a required mod for that part and is throwing up a bunch of errors in your log. You could also watch it start up in the task manager and see what how close KSP is to the 3.5gb death mark under processes. Maybe Texture Replacer isn't the problem, it's just the straw that broke the camel's back.

That happens on low(est) graphics settings, it's not related to any plugin. I already noticed it back in 0.19 on my laptop.

Cheers chaps; I assumed it was cause I have low graphics settings. No worries! It's not exactly game-breaking, and the massively improved look more than makes up for it. I love the mod.

Well, you have ALCOR module installed without RasterPropMonitor, which is a required mod for that part and is throwing up a bunch of errors in your log. You could also watch it start up in the task manager and see what how close KSP is to the 3.5gb death mark under processes. Maybe Texture Replacer isn't the problem, it's just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Hm I thought I had that installed.. thanks for that. But it seems my game was stable reguardless. Because well... Runs like a charm with Universe Replacer lol. Idk.. I don't like fixing things that aren't broken, but the whole idea of TR is its BETTER then UR when it comes to memory management, no? And I'm only using what textutes you see in that pic. All works with UR.

Edited by Motokid600