BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

v1.0.1 released..

Nothing new, just explicitly disabled mipmap generation when TC is detected, although it should already work properly in 1.0, but just in case. Configuration file has also been updated with less confusing comments and some new mod directories have been added to mipmap generation pool (for some mods that have PNG textures but don't use proper directory hierarchy).

Reflections for helmet visors will be added some time in the future. I currently don't play KSP, I've lost interest, so expect it maybe after KSP 0.24 comes out.

I have a custom space suit set for this Kerbal, and it works fine in space. On the ground, he has no jetpack and the default suit. Any help?

http://i.imgur.com/DuwOBNI.png

Is it grabbing a different texture since he's on the ground / breathable atmosphere (and removing the helmet/EVA pack)? In scanning the "parts" list it doesn't seem to indicate that.

Oh -- are the IVA textures used when on Kerbin? That would explain the no helmet and no pack. Maybe you need to copy your custom suit into the IVA versions as well.

Is it grabbing a different texture since he's on the ground / breathable atmosphere (and removing the helmet/EVA pack)? In scanning the "parts" list it doesn't seem to indicate that.

Oh -- are the IVA textures used when on Kerbin? That would explain the no helmet and no pack. Maybe you need to copy your custom suit into the IVA versions as well.

That's right, IVA textures are used on Kerbin.

The jetpack is not "missing" but is invisible intentionally because some people (and I) think it looks silly to have the IVA suit and the jetpack. If you want to keep EVA suit (+ helmet and jetpack) on Kerbin, change that in the configuration file.

That's right, IVA textures are used on Kerbin.

The jetpack is not "missing" but is invisible intentionally because some people (and I) think it looks silly to have the IVA suit and the jetpack. If you want to keep EVA suit (+ helmet and jetpack) on Kerbin, change that in the configuration file.

Oh, I thought since it was Jebediah it would use that one, do I need to just copy and rename the suit I have for his EVA suit?

I'm back to 1.0 version.

I can't manage properly normals and compression without split in 1.0.1+Texture Compressor:

If I create a .tcfg for TR compression without split textures, it TC o TR resizes or compress too much anyway (maybe only with jpg, it's possible?). I don't know why. Also, I have problems with mip mapping: without .tcfg 1.0.1 don't create mipmaps, but with a specific .tcfg is too much compression.

It's only me? I'm doing something wrong?

I guess not, it's TC that resizes/compresses too much. TR 1.0.1 doesn't compress textures nor generate mipmaps if it detects TC while 1.0 doesn't compress but still generates mipmaps if it detects TC.

I guess not, it's TC that resizes/compresses too much. TR 1.0.1 doesn't compress textures nor generate mipmaps if it detects TC while 1.0 doesn't compress but still generates mipmaps if it detects TC.

Btw Shaw, Could be implemented the next feature in future releases?:

I use just a single suit for all veterans (no variations), but now I must put the same textures 3 times (suit+normal) in the custom folders (one for each custom kerbal). Could TR manage the same suit for all customs if you put it in the main Custom Kerbals folder? (I mean you can use one single custom suit in main custom folder and heads in his named folders, or put the suit inside the named folders having custom suit for each kerbal as now)

If I do it now TR just don't work fine.

I make myself clear? :P (srry for my *rappy english)

Edited by Proot

Actually, it worked so once. I.e. when there was just a head texture for a Kerbal in `CustomKerbals/` the default suit was used not a generic one. However, I don't think that's consistent behaviour. If you specified a head texture for a Kerbal the default suit was used otherwise a generic one since TR doesn't detect an empty directory in `CustomKerbals/`.

Would it be possible to set an alias file so it will refer to the original file?

No, that would introduce too much additional configuration files and complexity. I'm not going to implement that unless really necessary.

Released 1.1.

There is a bunch of new features:

• One can now configure which suit to use when a custom Kerbal has only the head texture in its directory. In recent TR versions a random generic suit (from `GenericKerbals/) was assigned while in older versions the default suit (the one from `Default/`) was used in such case. Now that can be set in the configuration file and the old behaviour is the default, so Proot would be able to de-duplicate Jeb's, Bill's and Bob's IVA suits.
  • There is a new options to use consecutive suit assignment instead of random one. Let's say the standard team consists of three Kerbals: a commander, a pilot/engineer and a scientist. Put all three suits into `GenericKerbals/` as (`Commander`, `Engineer` and `Scientist`, names are important because KSP loads them in alphabetic order) and set consecutive suit assignment in the configuration file. Then every third Kerbal, starting with Jeb, will have the commander's suit, every third Kerbal starting with Bill will be an engineer and every third Kerbal starting with Bob a scientist.
  • Simple fake reflections. It doesn't actually generate skybox like the Reflection shader plugin, but uses a pre-generated static skybox that is included in `EnvMap/` directory. Unfortunately, the reflection shader included in KSP doesn't support transparency. It is activated automatically for helmet visor if the visor texture is not transparent.
  • Texture compression and mipmap generation can now be forced on even when TC is detected. The config file options are now `never`, `auto` and `always` instead of `false` and `true`.

Edited by shaw
fixed link

Seriously shaw, unbelievable work on this release. Your solution to get reflections on visors is clever, elegant and very simple (in the best of ways). This is (immo) one of the 10 must have mods for KSP in EVERY install.

Seriously shaw, unbelievable work on this release. Your solution to get reflections on visors is clever, elegant and very simple (in the best of ways). This is (immo) one of the 10 must have mods for KSP in EVERY install.

Oooh does this mean Pimp My Kerbals will be getting reflective visors and stuff? :D

I am not sure why, but this mod is unusable for me. Whenever I use texturereplacer, I get a huge memory leak where the memory usage will keep growing by a few hundred MB in < 15min, to the point where the game crashes at 3.3GB or so used. I have a lot of mods including texturecompressor, but if I remove texturereplacer.dll the memory leak goes away. I can use UniverseReplacer as well without any issues. This has been happening for the last 2-3 releases when I first started using the mod. The latest release is far worse, because in 1.0 I could play maybe a couple of hours before the game would crash.

The memory leak is apparent even when idle, to the tune of a few MB a second.

I am not sure why, but this mod is unusable for me. Whenever I use texturereplacer, I get a huge memory leak where the memory usage will keep growing by a few hundred MB in < 15min, to the point where the game crashes at 3.3GB or so used. I have a lot of mods including texturecompressor, but if I remove texturereplacer.dll the memory leak goes away. I can use UniverseReplacer as well without any issues. This has been happening for the last 2-3 releases when I first started using the mod. The latest release is far worse, because in 1.0 I could play maybe a couple of hours before the game would crash.

The memory leak is apparent even when idle, to the tune of a few MB a second.

Could you send me your log?

Does it also happen when TR is the only mod you're using? Could you try to figure out in combination with which mod that happens?

As soon as I saw there was an update I had to try it out!

FASAblackvisor2_zps865d3dc2.png

kovietblackvisor_zps1ff613bb.png

Trying to release my first downloads next week!

I also agree with proot - one of the top ten mods!

Keep up the amazing work!

Edited by Green Skull
Added better photo